It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Karl Marx's "10 Planks" to seize power and destroy freedom:
1) Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.
2) A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.
3) Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.
4) Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.
5) Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.
6) Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.
7) Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.
8) Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.
9) Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.
10) Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children's Factory Labor in it's Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production.
originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Socialism is like marijuana. Only people who haven't had enough of it think they don't like it.
originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SaturnFX
You missed his point then. He said this happens incrementally, not all at once, but he also said this is a lie and slippery slope. There is no going back once you start down the path.
Way to not read what was written.
Socialist Nicaragua is now the second poorest country in Latin America.
My message to y'all is this: Learn from the past.
Learn this from history: Its is always the educated and the intellectuals that push hardest for socialism.
Capitalists today support the switch to socialism. Doesn't it bother you that this ideology supposedly for the poor is vastly supported by the elite bourgeois it allegedly opposes?
The Gov is corrupt, and you people think the solution is to switch to socialism so they can run everything?
Communism does not come at once, but incrementally over time.