It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are you going to do if your flight crew had the fish?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For those of us that don't regularly fly flight sims and happen to be on a clandestine Janet flight with an incapacitated flight crew (presumably having consumed the fish for dinner), fear no more, here is your guided tour of how to operate and land a 737-600. Although the video makes it look rather easy, surely it isn't that easy to land and get the hand flying part right on the first try. Hopefully I'll never have to remember the fine details of this video on a flight I'm on.

Hold my beer and watch this........and don't call me Shirley:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I'm not a real pilot, I only play one in video games

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Roger, Over.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hah too funny, the inflatable auto pilot scenes from Airplane. When 'it' attacks the heroine, grabbing her from behind…

priceless.

In the end of the movie the robots take over, they fly away all by themselves…

Over, Dunwith and Dunn

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My husband is a pilot but he flies only tail-draggers like Cessnas and piper cubs.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
you know, I imagine soon airlines will require a hololens in the cabin so that should something happen, a HUD tutorial pops up for anyone who takes over on what buttons to press, how to land, etc no longer the tower blindly trying to talk someone through the process.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If the entire crew eat the same they did not follow procedure.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Why ? Most passenger jets are fitted with autoland feature aren't they ? I'm sure with this and ATC talking whoever is at the stick through the process it's fairly simple these days

But I thought there were rules on flights that the pilot/co-pilot weren't supposed to eat the same meal to prevent situations like this occurring ? Like curious says
edit on 21/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Older autoland systems only get you close. The pilot is still responsible for the actual landing. And not all airports meet the requirements for autoland systems.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
here's the deal....it's just a plane.......spool em up a little on approach cause it take 4-5 seconds for go around thrust...it all kicks in at 5 seconds till 8 seconds.....you can have several tries that way...just get jiggy with the heavy controls because it's really like driving a truck down the highway in the end, so ya don't have to stick the first try.....just like bush pilot in the Alaska or the Congo...does that take the pressure off....

edit on 21-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 21-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I would SAVE them all by landing the plane because I would have NO choice.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ill look for surely/Shirley....

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Doctor: Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

I loved the flight simulators, but haven't played with any since 98. Got way into Gmod, Kerbals space program and other engineer type games. Love how realistic they are now, especially kerbals space program, very cool.

And Kudos for using some Airplane! scenes.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This why I just stick with the lasagna.

I'm not sure I'd I could fly a 737 anyway. That plane has two engines. It's an entirely different kind if flying.

Cool video.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Discotech

Older autoland systems only get you close. The pilot is still responsible for the actual landing. And not all airports meet the requirements for autoland systems.

This is what my old man just said, he flew Tristars. Although he also said he was always too hungover to eat anything so the situation would never occur.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: SaturnFX

Why ? Most passenger jets are fitted with autoland feature aren't they ? I'm sure with this and ATC talking whoever is at the stick through the process it's fairly simple these days

But I thought there were rules on flights that the pilot/co-pilot weren't supposed to eat the same meal to prevent situations like this occurring ? Like curious says

sounds about right..but why not simply do away with pilots all together and let it all be flown via drones with many redundant backup systems..eliminate the human error all together.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

They had a real issue with that when the 747-400 first came out. The autoland would get them down to about 50-100 feet, and the crew would have to take over. But they had to do a certain number of landings to remain current. Those weren't counted towards that total so they'd have to go into the simulator just to fly landings.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
s3media.247sports.com...
edit on 21-2-2016 by Boxman because: (no reason given)

I give up. Delete this post
edit on 21-2-2016 by Boxman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boxman

Let's try this one:

AA pilot dies during flight.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-2-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In the past, pre 9/11, you may have been able to enter the cockpit to assist but now if the crew is disabled and the door is closed it's not going to happen, There is small window of oppurtunity if one of the cabin crew knows the unlock code and the lock switch hasn't been set or the crew is just sick and can open the door from inside.

But it all hinges on not having a nutter in the cockpit trying to crash the plane.

The knee jerk cockpit door mess following 9/11 is definately a two edged sword.

At this point I think some TVTropes might apply. Like Must Not Die a Virgin or Dying Declaration of Love. There are probably many more.

Remember Jay from Dogma (1999).

Jay: All right, but let's say we're caught in a situation where we've got like five minutes to live, like a bomb or something is gonna go off. Would you # us then?

So, I imagine the best you can do is pick someone to have sex with one last time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join