It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Well then you will not receive it if it is true what you say. However unless this discussion turns back to what it was (relating to the OP) we shall adjourn for sake of preserving the thread. Good day to you, lest you have commentary to continue discussion.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: tsctsc

I liked your response, but I have to disagree with you on a point.

My children have been surrounded by talk of politics, by travel, by media and other platforms growing up that supported our point of view.

But that is just one facet of influence upon our children. Parents must compete with television, music, friends, social media---and of course a university education. Universities and colleges are ground zero for the New World Order. That's often a kid's first stop on the road to indoctrination.

I see it clearly with our kids who have recently graduated from college. Listen, the powers that be know what they're doing.

I hear you, however I want to believe that children that had the chance to learn to think by themselves while kids, though they may (and should) suffer some influence from all the media+college ), will have the opportunity to change their minds many times as they grow older and experiences hit their lives, as opposed to kids who go empty minded to college and all they learn is what they teach them after they are almost adults. For those I have zero hopes.

But I definitely understand your point about how difficult it is to row against the tide.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

-- Winston Churchill

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

I feel you i am a senior in collage

C'mon.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Whom would you rather have planning?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

college* simple mistake of trusting spell check and having dyslexia. sorry spelling police.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: tsctsc

Conclusion: I agree completely, but think that the blame should be expanded from the family to society.

Expanded, yes.

Point taken

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
To an extent perhaps these words make sense for the topic? The song is entitled "A Liberal Education" by New Model Army.

Take away our history
Take away our heroes
Take away our values
And leave us here with nothing
We were in the garden of Eden
Just as children mess around
We only leant against the tree
And the apple came tumbling down
You gave us what we asked for
But never what we wanted
We were only children
How could you have been so stupid
We went up to the steel walls
That guard the sacred town
We only whispered to ourselves
And the walls came tumbling down
We didn't want a victory
We just wanted to fight
But you wouldn't fight
You just gave in
You went and spoiled every game
You broke an everlasting chain
And nobody respects you for your weakness
Take away our idols
Take away our faith
Take away our hatred
And put us in this vacuum
Then say be yourself, please yourself
Express yourself some more
It's your right to do what you like
Because we can't really be bothered with you at all
We didn't want a victory
We just wanted to fight
But you wouldn't fight
You said it isn't nice to fight
You went and spoiled every game
You broke an everlasting chain
And nobody respects you for your weakness
edit on 24-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Quite the song of victimization... after ones weight of whining is hammered out wear it as armor instead of a rotting albatross asking who has scissors.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm uncertain how this song relates to victimization? Do explain. What I take from this song is the deprecation of society and culture.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

If you cannot see something? Always look harder... but... THEY... THEY... THEY...

the I that is supposed to be the one agreeing and joining the they they they is you which is a victim join the chant now you're a them having drawn a line of demarcation. Using others as ones armor is simply shielding oneself with them as others are left to fight in ones stead. Not to mention that line becomes a biased black and white us vs them situation.

It's a perpetual motion machine solving nothing but stoking the same fires of the separation of humanity instead of understanding everyone is our teacher and everyone our student.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No mention of the word "they"... You dont realize how the song connects to the OP....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

If you cannot see us and them... In all the we's and USs etc which mean a THEM... then please tell me why your comprehension of such is lacking... Is English your first language?

The reason I ask is because you seen to desire clarity of nearly every single post. I don't care to make assumptions so best to ask and clarify... Than toss ones hands screaming troll! troll!

If this post fails translation, I'm sorry but I've other roles than translator, after every reply to you... perhaps a friend or someone else can help?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Theoretically I have two first languages though the other one was suppressed in my childhood and only became better known to me later on. Believe me, I have a good grasp on the English language, but your lack of proper grammar/punctuation (of which I made a point on earlier) is lacking so is English your first language? I mean no offense, but there is an issue. Though this reply (yours) is much clearer than your previous one.

I only desire clarity when a post has no clarity. The main issue I have is your understanding of the song, so I'll explain what it means. It is essentially supporting the OP, though was created much earlier, and is saying that the people's culture is taken away in the form of their history and pride along with morals (termed in the song as values). The next part seems more open to interpretation, though it would make sense to take it as that the children, or youth, of the country are being programmed to be politically correct and much like the OP says that the youth will not fight against or for anyone like the song says that they DON'T want victory, but to fight. So you're saying to have others fight for them, but it is clear that the opposite is true.

If I were a troll I would not be taking the time to write this out and if English were not of my first language(s) I would not be writing as properly as I am, though I am certain you could find errors. Fewer than I see in your response however.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying and should you respond with better grammar? If not then all is fine, no harm. And hopefully no offense taken by anything I've said as nothing I've said is meant in such a manner.

edit on 24-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Troll! Troll! No more food for you good day/night sir or madam.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm not a troll and that has been your clearest post so far, except in our earlier discussion you seemed easier to understand. I'm not hungry anyways. Going to get a coke. See you around the boards. And it's a sir. Or I'm a sir.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
To just be blunt, each generation intellectually passes the previous one, while the previous one denies this.

How many of you are duo-majors? Yeah, most of you are #ed. My generation invented the E-ncyclopedia. We don't argue over anything obvious into personal delusions. We have Google to stop that.

Most of the anguish involved with judging the youth is the personal reputations on the line. You might think I'm joking but there are plenty of Doctors who cannot operate a computer. The next generation isn't taking this joke lightly. We're more technologically competent than NASA as a group, and if anything has been indoctrinated, it's that not knowing how to use Technology means you're stupid.

Traditional school is failing because you can learn to be a Doctor from home. If you disagree, then you're just not smart enough and you don't see the bigger picture. Probably someone who can't use a computer very well.

But 'doubt' in today's young people is a pretty good laugh. Maybe you should worry about yourselves and not fall into EVERY same mistake the baby boomers made.

Claiming we are poorly educated is a joke. We're taking the lead in the most advanced fields of science and math, while the generations above us still only care about business until the day they die(or are killed.)

Lastly I'm just not convinced any of you know what you're talking about when it comes to intelligence and how it develops through generations. I met a 6 year old with an iPad that had memorized every country in the world by size, and then what flag they had, and capital. He had very in depth knowledge of visual memory he explained, with the most incredible vocabulary. That experience is so alien to what being 6 was like to our parents and grandparents, but they have the balls to talk about what type of degrees we should have by their age. What type of jobs we should have by 20, etc. We were literally smarter than them at 6.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

We have Google to stop that.

Having a tool that provides answers without any effort to seek them out does not make an individual smarter.

Link

Google is known as a search engine, yet there is barely any searching involved anymore. The gap between a question crystallizing in your mind and an answer appearing at the top of your screen is shrinking all the time. As a consequence, our ability to ask questions is atrophying. Google’s head of search, Amit Singhal, asked if people are getting better at articulating their search queries, sighed and said: “The more accurate the machine gets, the lazier the questions become.”

Personally, I don't think that humans are any smarter/dumber than they were a few thousand years ago. I think we have better gadgets and, by way of formal education mechanisms, we are less ignorant.... but we aren't inherently smarter or dumber than at any other point in history.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
You're correct before you consider modern media.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

And I disagree with you.

You say Google doesn't make someone smarter because it's just a tool, that's like saying you can't learn math from a calculator.

If a tool is utilized and it results in never needing the tool again, you're a #ing smarter person.

You might not think people are smarter, again I disagree. As a whole, people are definitely smarter. Joe shmo knows Einsteins relatively theory these days compared to the closest nerd of the past.

My generation embraces tools on another level. We don't even own watches because it's a single function device.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join