It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clones...Criminal Masterminds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was thinking (rare i know
) wouldn't a series of clones be the perfect criminal army, how can you tell them apart, which one commited the crime, who is guilty and who had nothing to do with the crime.

1. A clone would have the same DNA as the other clones, thus ruling DNA evidence useless.

2. A clone is an exact copy, this would (i'm guessing) mean their fingerprints were all the same.

3. If there were four clone criminals and you caught six, how would you be able to tell which were guilty and which were not?

Think on it, crime is bad enough, but imagine a world where there was no legal and safe way to prove that that version of the clone commited the crime.

Think on it....

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I beleive that finger prints are different. Not sure where I read it. My guess is that finger prints are affected by outside environment, thus being different for every person.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Clones aren't ususally completely identical to the parent. In the case of CC the cloned cat, her mom was calico and she was a tabby.

And we already have clones walking around... they're called twins.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I know of one case where a Identical Twin might be in jail for something his brother did. It was on some show and the guy was sent to jail by eye witness accounts , and the fact that he had a twin was not even entered into court. Even the mother of the twins said they had the wrong one.

Even Identical Twins do not share fingerprints though. "The ultimate shape of fingerprints are believed to be influenced by environmental factors during pregnancy, like nutrition, blood pressure, position in the womb and the growth rate of the fingers at the end of the first trimester. "

So even clones might not share the same fingerprints

multiples.about.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Clones aren't ususally completely identical to the parent. In the case of CC the cloned cat, her mom was calico and she was a tabby.

I would like to point out that the different patterns of coloring in cats and other animals are caused by differences in embryological development caused by environmental influences, not by differences in the genes. Byrd probably knows this, but it isn't very clear if he means that the genes are different as well.

However, it is much more difficult to see such differences in humans. Just look at identical twins, they are usually very difficult to distinguish from each other.

top topics

join