It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrannical System Sentences 4-Year-Old Boy to Life in Prison for Alleged Crimes When He Was 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Remember this story next time you read about some of the court decisions of your own country.

Cairo, Egypt – Convicted of murder, inciting riots, destruction of government property and threatening cops, a four-year-old Egyptian boy was sentenced to life in prison this week. Although the boy was less than two years old during the civil unrest in 2014, he was convicted in absentia due to a clerical error and the court’s incompetence.

Born in September 2012, Ahmed Mansour Karni was swept up in an indictment listing his name along with 115 other defendants accused of participating in riots and demonstrations on January 3, 2014. Despite that fact that Ahmed was only a year and a half old at the time, he was reportedly charged with four counts of murder, eight counts of attempted murder, vandalizing property belonging to the Egyptian Health Administration in his home province of el-Fayoum, threatening soldiers and police officers, and damaging vehicles belonging to security forces. Convicted in absentia, Ahmed was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Is the source good? I mean...this just sounds too outrageous to possibly be true. I'm not even sure what a proper response would be.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

it's no wonder really...is there anyone out there in the Muslim world who is not named Ahmed or Muhamed ?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You will be saying next they all look alike also. Does make you wonder - apart form the religious connotations why everyone would want to share the same name because it robs one of their individuality?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Tyranny is tyranny where ever it occurs and must be fought.

Thank you for your contribution to fighting this tyranny by exposing it in a public place like this.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just because it's worse somewhere else excuses not bad where you are. All it means is that there are other places that suck worse. Bad is still bad. It is submission and cowardice and excuses to not fight for what's right to take up the banner of, it's worse there, so stop complaining about what's wrong where you are mentality.

All this really means is, we need to fix our problems and then move on to help others in these worse places, because wrong and bad is wrong and bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The picture in the article I seriously doubt shows the actual conditions of an Egyptian jail..

I can not imagine a 4 year old boy thrown into prison... I guess he was lucky he was not accused of stealing something so they could cut his hand off also...

I am not a bleeding heart but I am someone who believes in fair justice... no one is to big to fail or jail... and no judge by his title should be excused of corruption or over the top bad decisions.

You would think friends of the family or the neighborhood would do a little Arab spring over this... unless they are all afraid of the domestic repercussions that will fall upon their heads also.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is the same kind of cowardice you see in all radical Muslim news, and it fits with their usual profile of using women and children as shields and suicide bombers as well.

This is nothing new or even a surprise.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
This is the same kind of cowardice you see in all radical Muslim news, and it fits with their usual profile of using women and children as shields and suicide bombers as well.

This is nothing new or even a surprise.

Unfortunately this is true.

What is even worse is they come to western countries and demand that we let them replicate their system of justice over here.

No thankyou.

As for the boy, surely common sense will prevail and the sentence will not be enforced? (Not getting my hopes up though)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

He's been sentenced and not jailed. That's paperwork and a shabby justice system at work.

I'd sooner wait to see if they actually incarcerate the kid before getting too worked up.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well this is obviously an admin error+ should be sorted out presently.I mean c'mon,the kid was practically a baby,surely this will not hold up??

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Remember this story next time you read about some of the court decisions of your own country.

Why?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wonder how many adults are actually in prison in Egypt today because of clerical errors, when they are just as innocent as the boy.
There were a lot of arrests made for what happened at the same time frame that the boy was accused of wrongdoing.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

unless they are all afraid of the domestic repercussions that will fall upon their heads also.

I think you meant "their heads will fall upon repercussions"

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I wish more people were aware of things like this when booking their holidays.
We can't really complain about this then jump on a plane to go and catch some rays (its always hot countries isn't it. Wonder if that's why they're all so vindictive?).
Same as businesses, they need to stop sending the message that we support them by sending them our money. Stay away folks.
Its just against all reason that things like this are even given second thoughts, let alone reach the sentencing stage.
Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

double sorry
edit on 21-2-2016 by Tulpa because: Dbl

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You will be saying next they all look alike also. Does make you wonder - apart form the religious connotations why everyone would want to share the same name because it robs one of their individuality?

Names have definitions.

You hear Muhammad, you think Muhammad...

They hear Muhammad, they think The Most Praised One.

When I tell you my names Charlie Speirs, you hear and think Charlie.

I think Free Man With A Spear.

It's not really about individuality when you don't look at meanings of names.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Why?

a clerical error and the court’s incompetence

Indeed...we do have such errors here. Many dead still get checks every month for instance.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If it's an admitted case of clerical oversight, a mistake, which it can only be, just release the kid.

If the judge or court refuses based on hubris, burn the judge and his associates alive now.

This is MY final and irreversible ruling.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Some how I'm sure it's America's fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join