It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
But the Satanic Bible isn't even about being a devil worshiper
Oh right...dang rednecks!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
That was just an example of a book they read. I think they mean just about magic, spells and general rituals.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: theboarman

I fixed your thread title...

books with spells in them should be burned, shredded and placed in wet cement...

No book or human knowledge should ever be destroyed.

We don't have to like what is written, but we should respect the totality of human knowledge.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Clearly the membership disagree with us as he has garnered more support. How sad.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I happen to agree with Best in Show's appraisal about sorcery, it is evil and only serves to open you up to possession, insanity and use by demon's and vile spirity's but if you must persist why not take a stroll on the light side and look up a book called "Christ Triumphant", there may be quite a few with that name but they one you are looking for contain's some early christian spell's.

Now maybe I should not call them spell's as the greek one's are referred to as phylactery's, one which was to be written on tin and placed in your home say's when phonetically translated from ancient greek "Jaeo Abraothioch Ptha Messentinio Jaeo Charsook" and is a Horkizo or an Adjuration against evil spirits which is said to make evil spirit's and even powerful demon's and devil's quake in terror at the name's or rather varient of the names of Christ and the God of Abraham written on the tin phylactery along with the demand upon it for example leave this place or person and do no harm, by all account's when written in it's original form by devout orthodox priests and blessed it really worked and was used to successfully expell violent and demonic entity's, curses and vile spell's from people and places.

Dark or condemned evil such as Satan worship, pagan fetish magic and ancient egyptian sorcery (one origin of the modern(ish) Voodoo Pin and Doll and sympathetic spell magic as well as written spell's) and the Tau path's of chinese spirit magic are paths to insanity and spiritual bondage so for your own sake I ask you to consider throwing your spritual inheritane away by seeking this corrupt knowlege.

There are some on this thread whom revel in the idea of you seeking it out and I can only see lost soul's in there way, they may never escape but if they wake up they need to rise out of the pit of evil they have gotten themselves and others into up to where the mountains reach to the three distant bright stars in that dark land of the soul they now walk.

Don't go there, he that plays with fire is sure to get burned and if you play with spirit's and spell's it is you that will be played with.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

But the Satanic Bible isn't even about being a devil worshiper Oh right...dang rednecks!

Not necessarily rednecks, let's just say that the people I'm talking about have a rainbow of neck colors.

I'll state for the record that there is a significant percentage of the people in the deep rural areas in Tennessee that maintain a very literal interpretation of Scripture. Not the least of which is that Jesus spoke in the same 17th Century English as the King James Bible. (rather than the actual Hebrew-Aramaic spoken in the 1st Century C.E. )

The very word "Satan" immediately sends them into full fear mode. Human nature tends to respond to a threatening entity by trying to remove it, by force if necessary.

Even in this thread, you can see the result of people of all faiths and persuasions when they encounter the word "Satan." An early poster in this thread demonstrated his disdain for The Satanic Bible and related literature. Based on the post's star rating, quite a few people agree with that sentiment.

I have to admit that, even given what I know now, the word "Satan" still activates the aversion program drilled into my head as a child. Like a lot of people, I was programmed to fear "Satan." However, I understand the context of how the word "Satan" was used and I look forward to reading through it.

-dex

PS. I bolded all instances of the word "Satan" to see if other people react as I do, even though they know the real meaning.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It is a good read, if the topic of way of life or philosophy are of interest to you. Searching his name and the word "quotes" will bring a website, goodreads.com, and there are certain quotes that do not lie in any books (to my knowledge) such as one where he explains that he does not like social interaction because people do not stimulate him. It's a rather long quote, so unless requested I won't post it.

Yes I saw someone's reaction earlier and I must say it bothers me. I am no Satanist (going to steal your trick
) though I do believe the philosophy is relatively sound and logical above all else. Do not harm children or anyone unless they do you or disrespect you. That's very evil...

I was merely jesting with the rednecks, though I'm curious what you mean by a rainbow of neck colors.

It's nice to see you have an open mind. I tend to go against organized religion. They all lead to war (largely) and so I see no reason that I may not have my own personal religion worshiping a goddess who does exist, though not relative to my reality (yet).

Well, await reactions.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here is a link to the esoteric section of Global Grey Ebooks, which has some 180+ titles. There must surely be something you can find of interest here.

Global Grey Ebooks

There are some very promising looking titles there.

Have fun, and remember, don't summon demons and stuff, they are probably not fun.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Lol. You just go jumping into spellbooks and grimores?

Cool.

I'm a Golden Dawn initiate. I recommend going to the Qabballah.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

If you're into stuff like The Golden Dawn then the works of Aleister Crowley will likely interest you. Just be careful, approach any spell or ritual with respect....

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

I fixed your thread title...

books with spells in them should be burned, shredded and placed in wet cement...

How Hitler-esque of you. Only a coward destroys that which he doesn't understand...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Were would one start?

Well if your looking for books with spells in them, pretty much all of them are spells. Try something called the Bible. Ever heard of it? Its quite a spell casting on some peoples minds. There are also other of the same flavor out there. Another one called history, oh boy a chain of spell right there. Or if you prefer a more tractable side try reading a politicians book, so full of high hilarity spells. I read I think once a bit from some guy named Bill Clinton, you must be under a spell to consider chapters about old rich people sitting around talking nonsense, and repeating verbiage, about old farts sitting around a coffee shop, anything but...Boooring. But it sells like hot cakes among the more pretentious, its like honey to them.

But now a days since people don't much read books, well we have magazines as well. Have you ever read a magazine called Glamour? It has a bunch of Glamour spells in there, though mostly female mind trap stuff, you know keeping them sugared up on none essentials. There is also more male oriented ones as well. And plenty others as well.

Really dood, if your looking for books with spells in them and cant find them? What can I say, the writing is practically on the wall that you would have to be blind deaf and dump to miss it. Need I spell it out for ya? e-v-e-r-y-w-e-r-e a-n-d e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g around you is in one way or another a form of a spell.

The satanic bible and all that other stuff. That's just what is known as week sauce version deviations derived from other more ingrained conditioning's, for instance if you believe in a devil, that just means your a christian, so basically there like an offshoot of that religion.

Kind of like how Catholics and Pentecostals, are an offshoot, or how about that one some king of England who made his own bible as an offshoot of the original Roman one, so he could screw around more often, and get rid of his barren wife's, what was it called again? So many its hard to keep track of these things.

But eh! Whatever! To each there flavor of there favorite story time spell books. No shortages of them out there that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Reading about the word of truth is far far more interesting. Especially if you knew how most of these people turned out.

For example, the father of modern-day witchcraft and Satanism, Alister Crowley. He ended up alone, full of sexual diseases, destitue, without money.

Satan will not give you anything. If you want to feel alone, haunted, full of depression, pressed to the point of insanity, without reason, well, this is what that will lead you to.

But if you want to be a real human with freewill. With the ability to think for yourself. To learn to love, to break free from oppression, abuse, hatred, and really feel worthy, this is not the way to go.

Instead seek for the God of truth and love Jehovah, and for his witnesses.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The Golden Dawn hasn't represented Crowley or his works for years. There's a reason why he left or allegedly kicked out.

Beware of Crowley. The neophite will likely be lead astray by his writings.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It is a good read, if the topic of way of life or philosophy are of interest to you. Searching his name and the word "quotes" will bring a website, goodreads.com, and there are certain quotes that do not lie in any books (to my knowledge) such as one where he explains that he does not like social interaction because people do not stimulate him. It's a rather long quote, so unless requested I won't post it.
I found that page: Anton Szandor LaVey

I read the quote you are referring to. It is pretty long. But it pretty much describes my feelings exactly. Here are a couple other ones:

“I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

And my favorite:

“It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful.”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

I was merely jesting with the rednecks, though I'm curious what you mean by a rainbow of neck colors.
Well, I was attempting a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that people of all colors and persuasions were susceptible to this level of ignorance. Some people tend to think of Rednecks as sun-burned white guys in pickups. But, this level of primitive ignorance pervades the entire species.

Just like you, I'm not a fan of organized religion. I believe that seeking one's personal spirituality is a journey that cannot be mapped out in any book, or be based on any man's interpretation of a religious text. On that goodreads.com page, there is another of LaVey's quotes about the hypocrisy of the church. Any institution that claims the moral high ground, yet enables the most heinous debauchery of its members is not a credible organization in my mind.

-dex

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You don't need a book of spells, no rituals, just Will and Faith(believe it will work)

Egyptian spell books are worth a read.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here is a most powerful spell you may find yourself in need of after dabbling into these others...

Rite of Exorcism

www.catholic.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I happen to agree with Best in Show's appraisal about sorcery, it is evil and only serves to open you up to possession, insanity and use by demon's and vile spirity's but if you must persist why not take a stroll on the light side and look up a book called "Christ Triumphant", there may be quite a few with that name but they one you are looking for contain's some early christian spell's.

Now maybe I should not call them spell's as the greek one's are referred to as phylactery's, one which was to be written on tin and placed in your home say's when phonetically translated from ancient greek "Jaeo Abraothioch Ptha Messentinio Jaeo Charsook" and is a Horkizo or an Adjuration against evil spirits which is said to make evil spirit's and even powerful demon's and devil's quake in terror at the name's or rather varient of the names of Christ and the God of Abraham written on the tin phylactery along with the demand upon it for example leave this place or person and do no harm, by all account's when written in it's original form by devout orthodox priests and blessed it really worked and was used to successfully expell violent and demonic entity's, curses and vile spell's from people and places.

Dark or condemned evil such as Satan worship, pagan fetish magic and ancient egyptian sorcery (one origin of the modern(ish) Voodoo Pin and Doll and sympathetic spell magic as well as written spell's) and the Tau path's of chinese spirit magic are paths to insanity and spiritual bondage so for your own sake I ask you to consider throwing your spritual inheritane away by seeking this corrupt knowlege.

There are some on this thread whom revel in the idea of you seeking it out and I can only see lost soul's in there way, they may never escape but if they wake up they need to rise out of the pit of evil they have gotten themselves and others into up to where the mountains reach to the three distant bright stars in that dark land of the soul they now walk.

Don't go there, he that plays with fire is sure to get burned and if you play with spirit's and spell's it is you that will be played with.

The OP asked for books, not a lecture. You should list some books or you aren't speaking to the topic.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
Reading about the word of truth is far far more interesting. Especially if you knew how most of these people turned out.

For example, the father of modern-day witchcraft and Satanism, Alister Crowley. He ended up alone, full of sexual diseases, destitue, without money.

Satan will not give you anything. If you want to feel alone, haunted, full of depression, pressed to the point of insanity, without reason, well, this is what that will lead you to.

But if you want to be a real human with freewill. With the ability to think for yourself. To learn to love, to break free from oppression, abuse, hatred, and really feel worthy, this is not the way to go.

Instead seek for the God of truth and love Jehovah, and for his witnesses.

Another one. The OP asked for books, not Christian lecturing.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Exorcism is a rarity in Catholicism. Mental illness is usually the problem, not possession.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join