It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans Help Hillary Win Nevada Democratic Caucus:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So disappointed, sigh! what were they thinking, if this trend continues then they may have to eat the blame for giving us Trump or Ted Cruz, especially if Hillary is indicted for her text problems, younger black folks need to take control from the older less imaginative establishment types sending them into retirement , stop taking ques from these people.

Raptavist Killa Mike.
The 60ts mindset is well??..so 60ts .

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Numbers are still rolling in but as of February 1, 2016 there were 471,342 registered Democrats in Nevada. Source

As of this post, according to The LA times there were 10,845 participants in the caucus (88.6% reporting in). That's 2.3% of the entire party in the state. That's 1.2% of the party that voted for Hillary.

You're looking at 0.5% of the total voting population that 'won' this for Hillary. Voting matters. This election (a 53%-47% split) was decided by less than 700 people.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think that's actually delegate count. They don't seem to count total voters in a caucus.
edit on 20-2-2016 by links234 because: Er...I might be wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't forget that Hilary has all the 'super delegates' in the bag already.

The fix is in.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Don't forget that Hilary has all the 'super delegates' in the bag already.

The fix is in.

Yeah then there is that,but I do think as the elections swing it's way back north and east it may balance out some what, for if they go into a convention and the super delegates simply brushed the popular votes aside, then folks will just sit this one out and cede the election to the Reps.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

As a European outsider I have NO idea what they are thinking ... Hillary is good for the minorities how..? Seriously, it makes no sense (to me).

Someone explain?

edit on 20-2-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

As a European outsider I have NO idea what they are thinking ... Hillary is good for the minorities how..? Seriously, it makes no sense (to me).

Someone explain?

Sometimes there are geographical differences even among minority voters, they love Bill Clinton , he came out played the sax on Arsenio Hall, he used Southern speech pattern so he sounded Black to some ears, and he talked that talked plus the economy of his era was quite good, there were actual growth and improvement of Black folks and other minorities in that era, but then they forgot that he screwed Black folk with his excessive policies that oversaw more Blks and Latinos in jail than any other modern president before him, and Hillary was lock step behind him in this measure www.abovetopsecret.com...
Klik here, a lot of minority voters misguided by our elders simply over looked their sins while the Clintons played them/us like a saxophone.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Someone explain?

I'm still trying to figure out how the Democrats in general are considered good for the minorities. They've been voting Democrat for generations now and their lot in life has not improved.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I must say that "Killa Mike" is an impressive young man. He is quite well-spoken and articulate. His superior intelligence shines through like a beacon of hope. We need more like him.

-dex

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Someone explain?

I'm still trying to figure out how the Democrats in general are considered good for the minorities. They've been voting Democrat for generations now and their lot in life has not improved.

Can't agree with you on that ,life for minorities is not exactly like it was in the 50ts ,60ts etc thanks largely to Dems and one have to remember why they switched parties to begin with, the Reps have never been warm to us and their rhetoric has gotten much worst, I see no home in that cesspool as it now stands, if there is a viable third party then that would be great.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Then as the Democrats warmed to the African American population, the Southern Democrats, or so-called Dixiecrats, seceded from the party and became Republicans.

Another thing to think about is that much of the legislation passed in the 1960s to help the poor, and black people in particular, consisted of limited handouts supported by significant "handups." Job Corps and Affirmative Action come to mind. The idea at that time was not to make these minorities dependent on the system, but to provide temporary assistance as they improved their lot in life.

Unfortunately in the intervening years all of the "handups" were traded away in favor of further support of the "handouts." I'm sure that both parties, as well as the courts, can share blame for this predicament.

-dex

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
this thread didnt take too long to turn into the race baiting topic that it obviously is.

** grabs popcorn**
I know all the 'racial and gun topics' usual suspects will 'chime' in soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

And that is why I think it's way pass time for these elder to let go, their entire world view is tied to the 60ts personally i'd like to thank them for their services and sacrifices and see them off with dignity, but we need new blood and out of the box thinkers.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Someone explain?

depends what you mean by minorities, the christian right has been against gays for a long time so right off that bat your statement has flaws. id deconstruct it further but i dont really care. considering conservativism is popular in the christian right, liberalism would be the opposite of fascism, so just on the topic of homosexuality, liberalism has been good for at least one minority. im sure more minorities have benefited by the rejection of the christian right but dont want to deconstruct right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If Hilary wins out, I'm voting Republican.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
If Hilary wins out, I'm voting Republican.

Ah hear ya, but I can't join ya, may very well sit this one out.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton is winning the black vote over Bernie Sanders? This is effing retarded. I'm so tired of ignorance.

We have Hillary a known liar who's done really nothing for the black community.

And

Bernie Sanders who's fought literally for the black communities rights during pretty much most of the black civil rights movement, marched with Martin Luther King Jr. We're talking a man who lived through some of the worst times in black civil rights and fought along side them for their rights.

Yet they choose Hillary. Screw people so sick of ignorance. Why should he have fought so hard for them throughout his life when it turns out they don't give two #s. Oh right he actually cares about people even if they themselves have no appreciation. It takes literally two seconds to find out how much more Bernie cares about black rights...

So sick of this kind of crap...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The well oiled political machine is in full effect, and like I said the elders felt some sorta displaced loyalty to the Clintons, one thing, Bernie never wore his real civil rights credentials on his sleeves, I follow politics closely even when there are no elections to speak off, and it took half a year for me to find out that Bernie was doing battle in his youth before the Clintons have a political thought, so he along with Black media need to do a better job of communicating that aspect of his life, and to lift the veil of Bull..sh about Hillary's Decepticon ass.

@ Odzeandennz , I know some folks do not like labels such as black/white /African American and such but for now those demographics exist in real time along with an industry such as Black or AA media, this is for me a social context which cannot simply be ignored at the time being.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Then as the Democrats warmed to the African American population, the Southern Democrats, or so-called Dixiecrats, seceded from the party and became Republicans.

Calling your inane rhetoric bluff there. Need proof of that one.

Thats because you cant. No historical backing there. Try this one from the Civil Rights Act of 1964 . Brought up by then President John F Kennedy and heavily sponsored by Congressional Republicans :

When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Got a lot more if you care to challenge. I am not just hot air

edit on 21-2-2016 by Gothmog because: added

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Do people not actually know what Hillary is or what she has done ? That's the only reason I could believe for why people are in still in favour of her, either that or these votes are rigged as F#, it just seems crazy to be voting for her

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If Hillary wins I just may have to move some were with more freedom ,like North Korea

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join