It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blessed are the poor in spirit...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Each living being is given a spirit within, all life has this... but only we as human beings can corrupt this spirit by acting against our spiritual nature to love one another as we love ourselves.

The religions of the world turn us against our own spiritual nature, instilling beliefs that "they" are better then those who do not practice religion... The notion of "loving each other" becomes elitist, and their neighbour can only be found within the ranks of their own people.

Many are cast aside from their family and friends because they question religious texts, and dare to disagree with the dogma of their youth

Shunned and outcast, they begin to doubt the existence of The ONE... they look around this world and see only destruction and death, injustice and lies coming from all sides... they begin to ask themselves how can this be...

What once shone brightly becomes dim and stale as doubt and denial seeps into their lives... yet deep inside that spark of the divine still glitters, even if said person does not realise it's there

And even with their doubting heart, they still manage to do good to their fellow man, not because God is looking down upon them, but because it is right.

Paulian theology will tell you this verse means your deeds are utterly worthless... filthy rags and other such nonsense...

This is not true, for your deeds and actions are what makes you who you are... without them all you have is words which fall on deaf ears...

Truly I tell you...

Blessed are the poor in spirit... For theirs IS the kingdom of Heaven

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Thank you for this inspiring post. It really strikes a chord with me, and I have needed to hear this for a while.

I am getting to the point where no matter how much good I try to do, how much joy I try to spread, I continually get the backlash of severe negativity and hate. I am feeling overwhelmed, awash in a sea of negative people on this earth.

There are some days I just want to give up and start living in blissful ignorance; act like a major jerk and emulate those around me.

But there is still something in my heart that makes me trudge forward while holding steadfast to my faith, and my will to live with love.

I guess if doing the right thing had more obvious rewards it wouldn't be such a special thing. But still, it would be nice to feel "rich" someday.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It is better to suffer as a saint than revel as a fool.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved my friend...

Hold strong to your path...

Much love

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Luke 14:14

14and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

they look around this world and see only destruction and death, injustice and lies coming from all sides... they begin to ask themselves how can this be...

Luke 14:26

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple

"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple

Yeshua was very objectively aware. I have not been able to find any real duality flaws yet in the teaching but I am still looking.
. To be a divine aware soul for me a prophet/holy man have to prove it logically also.

He do fit in with Nanak, Rumi and Gautama Buddha in my opinion. Probably Zoroaster should be one to.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Paulian theology will tell you this verse means your deeds are utterly worthless... filthy rags and other such nonsense... 

I would like to see a meeting between Jesus and Paul.
I guess I might be wrong, but I can picture Jesus smacking him upside his head.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I would like to see a meeting between Jesus and Paul.
I guess I might be wrong, but I can picture Jesus smacking him upside his head.

Since it is Yeshua he would probably resfrain from physical violence. But maybe saying something like "# off you hypocrite" to Paul would be allowed and follow the golden rule.

edit on 20-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Changed it from moron to hypocrite since it is nicer and more spot on.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Doing good is always good…

But seek knowledge along with doing good is the best path

As for this: Blessed are the poor in spirit... For theirs IS the kingdom of Heaven

Human beings have a human spirit and a divine spirit that has to do with the ultimate divine source of being…God or whatever or more precisely the Soul

This human spirit is not an entity it is a inner awareness of the unity of being that all can tap into, atheists, believers, etc.

So we all can understand goodness from that perspective.

The Holy Spirit is the big honcho of the soul

As for this famous aphorism:
blessed are the poor in spirit... For theirs IS the kingdom of Heaven

So what does this statement mean?

Is it referring to the Rue or Holy Spirit, which is a high aspect of the glorious soul or the more mundane human spirit?

The human spirit has no real tangible existence, it has a relationship with the personality, not the Soul

This may be the thing Buddhah was talking about in his no soul doctrine.

For I know Buddhah wasn’t dumb therefore wasn’t talking about the Holy Spirit in his no soul doctrine.

So this statement by Jesus refers to the poor in (human spirit) personality I believe.

That would be the mild mannered sober guy or gal who does good deeds and doesn’t seek praise from the world for his deeds but seeks the fruits of real knowledge of God through the blessings of Karma.

The Kingdom of Heaven is the soul and the Holy Spirit is one of the three primal aspects of the soul. The Trinity is not referring to God folks but the 3 elements of the Soul...

Therein is the Kingdom of Heaven

edit on 20-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

This is not true, for your deeds and actions are what makes you who you are... without them all you have is words which fall on deaf ears

I'd argue you both are wrong. Its not the deeds nor actions but the thought behind the act which is important. If one is expecting egotistical reward from giving to others the act does nothing but massage ones ego. In Buddhism they tell the fastest path to enlightenment is by becoming the path, a self sacrifice to help all others achieve enlightenment, rather than ourselves. And that can only be achieved by loving all more so than we love ourself. Even though I have doubts about Paulism there are people like Martin Luther King, Jr. that sacrificed all for others. It seems its really not the words in bibles that matter but how we comprehend them.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So what of the lowest class in Hinduism, the untouchables, they surely are not blessed, the Christians in Muslim country's and vice versa

Context is the teachings of the word, not imagination

You love this feel good stuff, it's not reality.

Jesus taught Christianity, not the worlds laws.

If it makes non Christians feel good to offer their breadcrumbs, then we'll done to them.
Doesn't make your context right, the sermon on the mount wasn't to non believers
It was a new teaching to believers

Justice is coming, with it a sentace, this is no free ride.
Fear is the beginning of wisdom

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

IF this was meant to be a religious thread it would have been posted in that forum...

But as usual, thank you for giving the readers some context as to what i was talking about in the OP

Much appreciated... You never fail to prove my points

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That was inspiring. Thank you. I can relate to rejected but continue to carry on. Think many here can relate to this.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It does prove that 2 Timothy was right
Sound doctrine out as platitudes tickle the ears and win flags and stars

You want nice, sorry, the world a sin infested rock (me included ) and no good deeds are going to cover our evil deeds

Please keep telling people how wonderful they are, me, I will tell them they are not, nobody is

As for christians, they are the least as they think they are better, I will give you that

One more thing, there is no reward on earth, the kingdom is heaven with God, outside of Jesus you won't see Yahweh, see the hand see the nail

edit on 21-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Thank God i will not see your YHWH

He/she/it is nothing worthy of worship

And where do you think you build your "treasures" which are in heaven?

Please feel free to follow your saviour Paulus Christ...

I will have none of it...

Stick to the topic, which is not your religion...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, i needed to hear those words. I needed the encouragement to know that no matter how much my family and friends use me, no matter how many people take my kindness for weakness, i shall never change.

Ill keep going on in this world doing what is right, even if i have my doubts, even if i dont talk/pray to god. I too stopped following the religious teachings of the bible. I now follow what feels right in my heart....for better or worse i will not change the fabric of my nature to do good.

So thanks again for your inspiring words of encouragement, its just what i needed. Oh, and i never looked at "blessed are the poor in spirit" like that before, i wont forget it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ehhh???

I'm poor... cannot find permanent work... When I do have work my payment is sh*t... huge economy problems in my country... My computer is 10 years old... You know what lots of poor people do? They steal. Hell, I make off with some food sometimes... Am I blessed??

Some do not only steal... they sell drugs and weapons... because there is no work. I tell you, we become hard people in poverty. And we do not even have it so bad as other countries at all.

I do not mean to be rude to your religion. Only that it is easy to say how noble is the poor, when you do not live yourself in it. There is no nobility, no blessings, no peace in poverty. Only hard, lean people who would be happy to smash your face for a taste of your fat American wallet. The people who will do that, will they get to heaven? Will I become a 24-and-a-half toothed angel??

You know, if you become rich, then you are able to much bigger good for the world. You can save the Asian Lion!! Build a happy Church!! Buy food for those little African kids on the news!! Bless me $5000!! When you're poor, what can you do? Sit and complain on the internet, waiting five minutes for page to load, that's what you can do...Прво скочи, па реци хоп...

(Not that my life is so bad. I have five entire boxes of Jaffa Cakes. You cannot beat this.)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Helicopter
I find it interesting that you seem to believe this is about money...

Though it might be what seems to make the world turn...

lack of it does not prevent a person from being good to others

Even in the most dire circumstances...

Thank you for your reply though

edit on 21-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

I never thought I'd find myself quoting an extract from the Bible in a positive light, but here I am and I am not ashamed to admit I find the above extract to be inspirational and heart-warming.

My interpretation of the above is as follows: Jesus is saying that he feels bad that people are victims of hate and violence because of their belief in his teachings, but they should persevere with their beliefs because they will ultimately be rewarded — spiritually — for having faith in him.

edit on 21/2/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

KEEP READING!!

ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven

edit on 21-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join