It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Demands US Brand Kurds "Terrorists" If Washington refuses, "measures will be taken."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Anyone else sick of Erdogan? The wanna-be tinpot dictator of Turkey with his "Mussolini like" dream of reviving a dead empire / caliphate?

I can think of some "measures" we can give back to Erdogan real quickly... How about some regime change, throw the little dictator in a little cell

I hope we call their bluff... Erdogan has been a thorn in the side of Nato for far too long.

Long article, highlights below:

www.blacklistednews.com... 38/Y/M.html

www.zerohedge.com...

As you might have noticed, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is about to lose his mind with the situation in Syria.

Here’s what we said earlier this month: somehow, Turkey and Saudi Arabia need to figure out how to spin an attack on the YPG and an effort to rescue the opposition at Aleppo as an anti-ISIS operation even though ISIS doesn’t have a large presence in the area.

Well it turns out that’s an impossible task and so, Turkey has resorted to Plan B: a possible false flag bombing and the old “blame the Kurds” strategy.

Erdogan's anti-Kurd stance is complicated immeasurably by the fact that both the US and Russia support the YPG out of sheer necessity. The group has proven especially adept at battling ISIS and has secured most of the border with Turkey. As we noted way back in August, it was inevtiable that Washington and Ankara would come to blows over the YPG. After all, the US only secured access to Incirlik by acquiescing to Erdogan's crackdown on the PKK, but some of the missions the US was flying from Turkey's air base were in support of the YPG. The whole thing was absurd from the very beginning.

Well now, Turkey is not only set to use the fight against the YPG as an excuse to intervene in Syria on behalf of the Sunni rebels battling to beat back the Russian and Iranian advance, but Ankara is also demanding that the US recognize the YPG as a terrorist group. If Washington refuses, "measure will be taken."

"If the Unites States is really Turkey's friend and ally, then they should recognize the PYD — a Syrian branch of the PKK — as a terrorist organization. If a friend acts as an enemy, then measures should be taken, and they will not be limited to the Incirlik Airbase, Turkey has significant capabilities," Erdogan advisor Seref Malkoc told Bugun newspaper.

So yeah. Turkey just threatened the US. It's notable that Malkoc specifically said actions would go "beyond Incirlik," because pulling access to the base would be the first thing any regional observers would expect from Ankara in the event of a spat with Washington. For Turkey to say that measures will go beyond that, opens the door for Erdogan to become openly hostile towards his NATO allies.

"The only thing we expect from our U.S. ally is to support Turkey with no ifs or buts," PM Ahmet Davutoglu told a news conferenceon Saturday."If 28 Turkish lives have been claimed through a terrorist attack we can only expect them to say any threat against Turkey is a threat against them."

In other words, Turkey is explicitly asking the US to support Ankara's push to invade Syria and not only that, Erdogan wants Washington to sanction attacks on the YPG which the US has overtly armed, trained, and funded. "The disagreement over the YPG risks driving a wedge between the NATO allies at a critical point in Syria's civil war,"

Reuters wrote on Saturday. "On Friday, a State Department spokesman told reporters Washington would continue to support organizations in Syria that it could count on in the fight against Islamic State - an apparent reference to the YPG."

Right. "Washington will continue to support organizations in Syria that it can count on in the fight against Islamic State." So we suppose that means the US will support Russia. And Iran. And Hezbollah. But most certainly not Turkey, who is the biggest state sponsor of the Islamic State on the face of the planet.

edit on 20-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Measures will be taken"...

Well now...isn't that special?

Were I the President, I would be summoning the Turkish ambassador to the White House, through the back door, and asking him to clarify. In fact, I'd probably tell him to go home and ask in person...for a few months. Relations would get just a bit frosty for a while.

But, given our current President doesn't seem to have a clue, it'll be ignored, which in diplomatic circles means approval/cowardice, other "allies" will think they can do this, too.

Someone needs to explain to this wanna be Ataturk that even vague might be threats have consequences. He needs NATO a whole hell of a lot more than NATO needs him. Turkey is a big fish in a little pond...and needs to remember that.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Didn't anyone tell him about Hussain and Gadhaffi?
Doesn't usually end well for people who make threatening noises towards Uncle Sam.
Isn't there enough going on without tantrums from megalomaniacs?
Oh dear.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hard to say how things will be working through this mess . Seems the neo/con war hawks in the US want to change the status of some terrorists groups as well .To get a pause in the war .

U.S. Ignores Own UNSC Resolution - Tells Russia "Stop Bombing Al-Qaeda!"

UN Security Council Resolution 2254 calls for a "ceasefire" in Syria. A "ceasefire", unconditioned according to the resolution, would be for the whole country but would exclude certain groups:

[r]eiterates its call in resolution 2249 (2015) for Member States to prevent and suppress terrorist acts committed specifically by Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as Da’esh), Al-Nusra Front (ANF), and all other individuals, groups, undertakings, and entities associated with Al Qaeda or ISIL, and other terrorist groups, [...] and to eradicate the safe haven they have established over significant parts of Syria, and notes that the aforementioned ceasefire will not apply to offensive or defensive actions against these individuals, groups, undertakings and entities, as set forth in the 14 November 2015 ISSG Statement;
The resolution also underlines Syria's sovereignty. The UNSC is:

Reaffirming its strong commitment to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic, and to the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, ...
The whole UNSC, including the U.S., France and Britain, agreed to this resolution.
www.moonofalabama.org...

But the U.S., France and the UK now want to erase these significant parts of the resolution.

They no longer want a ceasefire but only a "cessation of hostilities".
They demand that under such a "cessation" all bombing of al-Nusra/al-Qaeda and its associated entities should stop.
They now want to ignore Syria's just reaffirmed sovereignty.
The Saudis and its puppies in the Syrian opposition disagreed with the UNSC resolution.

edit on 20-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Erdogan is trying to force Obama's hand now huh.

Looks like he is itching for a larger fight with the Kurds and therefore will have an excuse to cross over into Syria with troops...

WW3 and whether it happens or not is increasingly looking like it depends on what Obama does next. For the sake of everyone on the planet, it would be prudent if he packs up his war toys and goes home at this point me thinks.
edit on 20-2-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What....are they going to cut us out of the Leather trade?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok, didn't the US armed the Kurds? didn't the US call Turkey and ally? now the Kurds are running wild, I believe our next terrorist brand is getting shape in front of our own eyes.

What a country to do, without a war on something.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I guess he wasn`t satisfied with poking the Russian bear now he`s taking a poke at uncle sam, does he have a death wish or something?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
"Measures will be taken"...

Well now...isn't that special?

Were I the President, I would be summoning the Turkish ambassador to the White House, through the back door, and asking him to clarify. In fact, I'd probably tell him to go home and ask in person...for a few months. Relations would get just a bit frosty for a while.

But, given our current President doesn't seem to have a clue, it'll be ignored, which in diplomatic circles means approval/cowardice, other "allies" will think they can do this, too.

Someone needs to explain to this wanna be Ataturk that even vague might be threats have consequences. He needs NATO a whole hell of a lot more than NATO needs him. Turkey is a big fish in a little pond...and needs to remember that.

Alienation of NATO while simultaneously provoking Russia?

That seems very ill advised.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Expel Turkey from NATO , nothing more or less!

Erdogan is a really bad egg!
edit on Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:33:24 -0600335America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have 2 theories:

1. Obama and Turkey and Saudi Arabia is playing that they are opposed but are in fact clear on what is the way forward and all these words are just and act to fool the citizens. And the Kurds are being played by the US. The Whoring of Babylon where Babylon is Saudi Arabia that can influence US thru the Petro dollar.

www.independent.co.uk...

Obama stressed to Erdogan that Syrian Kurdish YPG forces should not seek to exploit recent gains by the Syrian government to seize additional territory, the White House said in a statement.

And something will happen so that the Sunni will get their intervention. World war 3

2. The US and Russia have become tired of Sunni influence and is pushing Turkey and Saudi Arabia to loose it so that they attack Syria and Russia themselves and US/Nato will let Russia do whatever they want in retaliation. And this war will make the Sunni the enemy of all west and Russia and Wahabbi will increase. Making a western/Israeli invasion become needed to restore order in Sunni failed states.
edit on 20-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Didn't anyone tell him about Hussain and Gadhaffi?
Doesn't usually end well for people who make threatening noises towards Uncle Sam.
Isn't there enough going on without tantrums from megalomaniacs?
Oh dear.

With a 350,000 invasion force on the Turkish border with Syria and the Saudis admitting they now have Pakistan supplied nuclear weapons and are ready to invade Syria with the coalition of just about anyone you can name in the mid-east.. I doubt Russia and Iran will just sit still and allow Syria and themselves to be over ran by anyone..

Saudi pops a nuke (hard to believe even they are that stupid) then standby for I would bet Russia (low odds but hey could happen especially if they are not the first to use them) will unleash a fire storm with tactical and even possibly ICMB nuclear devices on some of the participants capitals ... And still have plenty left over to say, "who is next" ! No doubt the targeting is already in the planning stages by Russia if not already completed after the Turkish/Saudi invasion forces were detected..

Hopefully airburst will be used to cut down on the radioactive dust clouds or if ICBMs are used maybe Russia could show the world the true effect of a Neutron bomb on living tissue... Can anyone believe the stupidity of this crap ? Assad, "has to go" was the pretense because he kills his own people.. as if any of the other actors in this scenario don't do the same thing..

In the mean time; millions of refugees are invading Europe (and other countries) and now if an invasion of Syria happens and nukes are used.... Assad's killing numbers before this stuff got started will look like a school yard fight compared to the ending, of this sand people's war.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ah...the death spiral twists tighter looks like somebody is going to die, and soon...............

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What turkey military is to the United States of America's military. ...

Well imagine wack-a-mole.

America is the hammer, Turkey is the mole.

Ergodan would he wise to shut his mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I'd have no problem with that, save for this...

Is NATO membership keeping him in check, or giving him the moxie to do all this? Until we know which one, not sure if expelling Turkey would be wise. But it'd be an option, certainly.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I would say this is a pretty big warning things can heat up really fast and war can come upon us any second

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And the plot gets worse. Saudi Arabia seem to have nukes and they might try to force Russia to not intervene if they attack Syria.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems this site say it was used in Yemen already
www.veteranstoday.com...

Mushroom cloud that followed the confirmed nuclear flash and ionizing radiation from a neutron bomb exploded in Yemen, May 2015

The insanity of man to implement GOG-MAGOG and Mystery Babylon.

edit on 20-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Measures will be taken? Lol

Ok USA should kick them from NATO then.

They can deal with Putin on there own

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I feel for the brave Kurd's in all of this pickle. They are the men and women who have been taking it to Daesh. Most of them follow Islam as a religion but it is a friendly and tolerant version of Islam.. They have been persecuted by the Turks for decades and it continues, I fear they will be scapegoated by Assad and the Russians as they rumble up to the Turkey border.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
With everything going on in the Middle East I would just take everything they say seriously until proven otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join