It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird vibrational/dream experience? Need help interpreting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So I'm pretty used to getting vibrations when I'm tired. This time, I was dozing off and I started getting vibrations. I could hear the usual wind and buzzing. It got more intense than usual and I felt like I was being pulled somewhere, so I lifted my hand to make it stop because I was starting to get scared.

But when the vibrations died off, I felt a force pulling me out of my bed. I fell on all fours and then was suddenly flying through the roof of my room, then outside. All this happened within three seconds, then I opened my eyes and I was just on my bed palpitating.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the second part of that experience was. It really did not feel like a dream, and if it was, it's the most vivid one I've ever had. I also feel like I would've known if it was astral projection. I need help interpreting what exactly happened.

Also, this morning I had another vibrational experience. The weird thing is, it would stop and then come back. It was on and off exactly seven times. This experience happened after I had seven other vibrational experiences. I was thinking it had something to do with my chakras? What do you think?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kfrances

Your avatar's location is the "astral plane." It sounds like you almost jumped out-of-body but aborted at the vibrational stage (for whatever reason.) Next time this happens, try to stay calm and relax..let the vibrations build and intensify. You are close.

Based on your descriptions, it sounds like to me you may have a 'spirit guide' of sorts trying to communicate with you.

You mentioned this happens when you're especially tired. Is there anything else you notice that triggers these kind of events? Are these buzzes and vibrations something you're aiming for, or is it totally spontaneous?

Here is a quick, little reference to out of body experiences www.near-death.com...
edit on 20-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm always wanting to enter the vibrational stage, but whenever I do, it is always when I don't expect it. I can't really think of anything that may trigger it other than the fact that I'm tired. And I was also thinking my spirit guide was trying to communicate with me!

I'll definitely try calming down when these experiences come by. So you think I was close to have an OBE? And thanks for the reference!
edit on 20-2-2016 by kfrances because: because the person I replied to also edited

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I've noticed my 'spirit guide' likes to mess with me when I need the most solid sleep as well

It sounds like you were either close, or may have been 'pulled' out but don't remember all of it. It seems like you rubber-banded back into the body very quick.

As I said, next opportunity, do your very best to remain calm and let the vibrations overtake you (easier said than done.) The first instinct is fear. This is the test we must overcome.

Also, just try asking your 'guide' to try again. Couldn't hurt, right? Sometimes when we ask them, they show some neat stuff!

Good luck and safe travels! Check out the link, it's a great reference and you may learn a little more about how to do it successfully.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: double post

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
It sounds like you were either close, or may have been 'pulled' out but don't remember all of it. It seems like you rubber-banded back into the body very quick.

Tell me about this "pulled out" thing, if you can. A few days ago, I had this weird sensation, perhaps you could call it vibrations, at a time I felt I was just about to drift off into sleep. Then all of a sudden, it felt like something tried to pull me out of my body, lifting my legs from under the knees upwards, but leaving my physical legs in place. I panicked, and everything went back to normal, but I've never had anything like that happen before, and know next to nothing about OBE and astral traveling.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Go see a neurologist people who have had mild to severe strokes say they experience similar vibrations when tired and even out of body experiences up to one month prior to their strokes.

At least you would want to rule that out.

Are you taking any prescription or illicit Drugs?

Rule out all factors before going to the Projection model.

I too had those experiences but I had been smoking pot at that time. I was a regular cigarette smoker and beer drinker then as well. I have been free from all of that for 27 years now.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason005

Tell me about this "pulled out" thing, if you can.

I can try, but don't take it as anything but speculation based on my personal experiences.

I use the word "pull" to describe the sensation of feeling both the physical and non-physical aspects of our being. The non-physical portion essentially gets stretched and pulled away from the physical body until it is no longer attached or constricted.

I believe that when we go 'out-of-body' there is usually a guide alongside us. I think it's also likely they help us actually achieve the transition out of body.

For some, the entire event is spontaneous and they do not remember anything like the vibrational stage or the sensation of floating above the body, etc. They just wake up with the feeling they've had an OOBE. This leads me to believe there is an external influence (such as a 'spirit guide') that actually pulls us out and helps sever the connection between physical and non-physical bodies (without our participation or consent!)

They are the ones doing the "pulling."

Conversely, I believe it also possible to achieve a successful out of body astral projection without the aid of any spirits, guides, angels, etc. However, I think very few of us are prepared to do this without a little help.

Phew! I hope this clarifies a little.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It seems to be internalized energy surge?

I've been through this before, my last episode in 2012 lasted roughly 20 seconds, thought I was about to leave earth plane forever, thought I was dying, serious.

This internalized vibrational surge, is foreign from ourselves, internally. . Something happening to our consciousness within, that is caused by some-one/thing that is not the identity experiencing the phenomenon.

When I was experiencing these internal-surges, was also when I was deep in my inner-journeys and connecting on different conscious levels, also experiencing non-human entity.

I always thought this experience was caused by some device that I could only understand belonging to a different space/realm not receptive to the human biological-senses.

Could never, and will never forget that sound, sensation, the silver light... craziness yea yea.

You are in one piece, be grateful ♡
edit on 20-2-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A respect your viewpoint, but my experience seemed to fuzzy to actually be an OBE. I've read that if you ever do leave your body, you'll be completely certain.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Then just chalk it up to some good old-fashioned hypnagogia

Hypnagogia is the imagery, sounds and strange bodily feelings that are felt at “sleep onset.”

Strange noises, voices and rushing sounds are typical, as well as weird mechanistic sounds like beeps and boops.

Feelings include floating, falling, and being separated from your body.

dreamstudies.org...

but I like to keep things more interesting

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I'm also exploring my inner and higher self. And thank you for your beautiful insight, very well-written. I agree with you on many points.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hypnagogia definitely seems to pinpoint what I was feeling. I'll definitely use that link and do some research of my own. Thank you so much!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have the same thing happen all the time and as you can imagine there are many theories behind it from astral projection (which is actually the first thing I suspected after my first experience), alien abduction, and sleep paralysis which is what I now believe is happening. I will tell you why and also what I experience. It starts with a feeling of letting go and the best way I can help visualize what I mean by that is to "just drop it" and it as in everything to me it feels like something falls and when your body first reacts by jolting real quick in reaction to stop it and then an extremely loud buzzing starts almost like huge wasps are surrounding my head near my ears and moving close enough to hit my ears and then back an inch or so making the noise slightly quieter and it does this along with an intense vibration at the same time and it's at that point I realize something is happening and become aware of it. In the past I've seen things that terrified me like apparitions and such and other times I walked around the area/house I was asleep in. If the tv was on when I had laid down I can usually hear it and if I walk around anyone that was there or nearby was visible as I walked around. This is why I thought it was astral projection because I was always at home and it was def home not the kinda distorted way dreams can cause places you know to look different and every time when I would snap out of it it would be because it kinda freaks you out and like the further I go the harder it is to keep on and the louder and stronger the buzzing sensations get so I always end up being able to tell myself to connect with my physical self and focus very hard on moving a hand or leg until finally I make that connection and kinda jolt up. The first time I actually jolted to the side so hard I shot myself right out of the bed onto the floor lol. Anyways as time went on and I felt like I was truly doing something special but being afraid to allow it to let me go further in my ventures, I had gotten so used to it that I wasn't a nervous and began allowing myself to remain calm and not try to make that connection to snap out of it and once I did I picked up on things.. For instance one time I spent the night at my brothers and it happened and I projected the experience into the bathroom and when I left the bathroom I kinda lost the ability to go further coincidentally right in front of the door way to his bedroom and I was able to look in and could see him sitting up in the bed looking curiously out to where I was standing and I was worried he had seen me and jolted back into my body only to discover he was dead asleep. I also started noticing that the sounds from the tv I was hearing was not actually what was on the tv when I woke up so I started to think it didn't seem like I was really out of body and come to find out through enough research I learned that before are bodies go into REM sleep and get the last stages of the sleep cycle our brains produce a large amount of chemicals that stimulate our minds and also cause temporary paralysis as a safety measure that we aren't all acting out our dreams and causing serious issues in our sleep. For me I believe more than likely I am having sleep paralysis which is a case where people sometimes get woken just prior to the REM cycle and what's happened is your mind is still going but your body has gone into it and suddenly anything you think you might be seeing is likely from the chemicals that allow you to dream. I have had sleep issues for years on and off and when all this started I was sure it had to be something huge but as soon as I learned of sleep paralysis I wasn't so terrified when it happens and instead of being panicked I would become more annoyed than anything thinking great it's happening again and hoping that anyone I might be near isn't seeing me twitching all weird or making silly noises trying to snap out of it lol. Not only that but my awareness of what I believe it is also nearly removed the lucid/supernatural aspect of it completely as soon as I came to understand what was actually going on.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ahh the vibrations! that's the unmistakable sign/sensation you experience right before your about to go OOBE!
what some people would give to just get to that point, I find it hard to get past that stage, sadly it always seems to shock me back into my normal awake state. I have achieved getting onto the astral plane but only a couple of times, but boy was it a trip!

my advice, stick with it show no fear and go explore the astral, its limited only by your imagination. It's positively life changing. Good luck next time.

top topics

join