It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Did anybody hear the little, fluffy news item about Benny from ABBA hoping the UK would win Eurovision because it might persuade British voters to vote Remain?

Now there's a man with his finger on the pulse of the British electorate's average IQ...
We will be voting out for sure now then!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Clearly you have no understanding of what's happening in Scotland.

The vote to stay in UK came about because of a massive campaign of fear. One of the most significant lies was said to elderly who were told if they voted to leave their pensions would stop. Clearly a lie, but if your elderly and somebody from the Tories or Labour phone you up and tell you it your going to believe it. Hence most pensioners voted to stay. So if you think that is fair I can't help you. I'm sure some English voters will be swayed by the Project Fear they are being subjected to right now. I wouldn't call it cowardly but they are not doing their own research. On Gogglebox this week there was a very dim woman who said she wished the Queen would come out and say how to vote because she would just vote whatever the Queen told her to. With numpties like that what can you do.

Despite the overwhelming Project Fear that was carried out by every newspaper and tv channel the vote was actually quite close.

The majority of free thinking people in Scotland want independence and I think they will have it one day.

The Scots cannot keep England in the EU unless its a very very close vote. Scots represent only about 8% of the total UK voters.

SNP policy like all other main parties except UKIP are for staying in EU.

SNP have said that in the event that rUK (England) votes to leave EU and it is shown a majority of Scots voted to stay then we would have a case for another Independence referendum. Thats what I'm aiming for.

As far as Scotland is concerned at present we are ruled by Westminster, so we might be ruled by Brussels. Whats the difference to us. If we are going to be ruled by somebody does it really matter who ?

An independent Scotland in Europe is better than what we have just now. Now we have Westminster representatives speaking for UK in Europe and usually they forget about Scotland. At least we would have Scottish representatives speaking for Scotland in Europe.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

Clearly you have no understanding of what's happening in Scotland.

The vote to stay in UK came about because of a massive campaign of fear. One of the most significant lies was said to elderly who were told if they voted to leave their pensions would stop. Clearly a lie, but if your elderly and somebody from the Tories or Labour phone you up and tell you it your going to believe it. Hence most pensioners voted to stay. So if you think that is fair I can't help you. I'm sure some English voters will be swayed by the Project Fear they are being subjected to right now. I wouldn't call it cowardly but they are not doing their own research. On Gogglebox this week there was a very dim woman who said she wished the Queen would come out and say how to vote because she would just vote whatever the Queen told her to. With numpties like that what can you do.

Despite the overwhelming Project Fear that was carried out by every newspaper and tv channel the vote was actually quite close.

The majority of free thinking people in Scotland want independence and I think they will have it one day.

The Scots cannot keep England in the EU unless its a very very close vote. Scots represent only about 8% of the total UK voters.

SNP policy like all other main parties except UKIP are for staying in EU.

SNP have said that in the event that rUK (England) votes to leave EU and it is shown a majority of Scots voted to stay then we would have a case for another Independence referendum. Thats what I'm aiming for.

As far as Scotland is concerned at present we are ruled by Westminster, so we might be ruled by Brussels. Whats the difference to us. If we are going to be ruled by somebody does it really matter who ?

An independent Scotland in Europe is better than what we have just now. Now we have Westminster representatives speaking for UK in Europe and usually they forget about Scotland. At least we would have Scottish representatives speaking for Scotland in Europe.

Curled up laughing at the numpty reference. Spot on. If only we had less "N"'s.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In the same breath of us being threatened by Mark Carney and the IMF

that should we *brexodus* our economy will collapse and we will end up

in dire straits, hell and damination, and third world poverty etc. etc.

IS the *EU/Germany* being advised on how to fill the huge gap

that will be left in their economy when the second largest

contributor leaves

WHICH OTHER COUNTRY IS ABLE TO FILL THAT LARGE ECONOMIC GAP?

Or has the *EU/Germany* got these monetary institutions in their back

pockets (French Christine Legarde/the IMF) and therefor confident that

the UK will remain in the EU

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So does anyone know if it is true what the below video suggests, that the EU bought tons and tons of food from EU member states/farmers then dumped it all in fields to rot, so they could keep food prices high for the farmers. As less supply = higher prices.

There is a clip of them doing this in the below video at 44 seconds in...

I heard of EU butter mountains and wine lakes, but is this really true?

Why did they not send it to help feed the billions of starving people around the World, or even the starving people in their own member states!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Because it would push all those employed in farming out of buisness.

The food would last a year or two. Then run out and because all the farmers went out of buisness there would not be anyone left to produce new food.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No it wouldn't.
Even if that was the case why didn't the EU just increase the farming grants payments instead of buying and then dumping the food to ROT. There were more logical options for them.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Well it did say we pay 10% more for our food because of it .... so when

we leave we can deal direct with these and other markets/growers, and

our food will be 10% cheaper?

So maybe that can be our first negotiation/market

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
No it wouldn't.
Even if that was the case why didn't the EU just increase the farming grants payments instead of buying and then dumping the food to ROT. There were more logical options for them.

They are too big and bulky an organisation .... and much too self important

to be logical.

Giving dictats not democracy is what they do.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Although I'm voting to remain when I see this I get very very angry ad maybe I will switch

This greedy greedy self serving windbag wants us to keep him and his like in luxury. For doing what exactly ?

EU has to get rid of this sort of thing for sure.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Although I'm voting to remain when I see this I get very very angry ad maybe I will switch

This greedy greedy self serving windbag wants us to keep him and his like in luxury. For doing what exactly ?

AH!!! Finally beginning in to see the light? Lol!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well it seems the leave people are being trampled under the establishment steam roller.

I don't think you have any hope of winning. Nigel Farrage is right when he says the only way to get what you want is to take to the streets and burn the establishment down.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cameron now saying ISIS leader, Baghdadi, will be happy if we leave the EU. Has this man no scruples?

edit on 17-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

This is exactly why im voteing out.

Not the immigration .THIS !

There have been demands for reform and change for a long time and the EU resists and stalls why? Cause it people like lord kinnock that decide on "reforms" and those corrupt bastards are never going to reform themselfs out of a job afe they?

The EU was a good idea in principle but its foundations are rotton. If the EU was a building it would be condemned.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

An independent Scotland in Europe is better than what we have just now.

Are you sure?

At present you have considerable control over your own issues with devolved power in Holyrood.

Future EU legislation will increase the power of the centralised EU and will be the ultimate authority.
Brussels will have authority over ALL national elected bodies.

The clearly stated aim of the EU is for Brussels to have direct control over all constituent nations.

You will have 6 MEP's representing your nation out of 751 MEP's = 0.8%
Currently you have 59MP's in the 650 MP's in Westminster = 9%

64.1million people live in the UK.
5.3million people live in Scotland = 8.25%

So at present you are marginally over represented in Westminster whilst also having your own elected Assembly.

Just over 508million people currently live in the EU, which means Scotland's population is just over 1% of the EU.

That means at present Scotland is under represented in the EU.

Simple maths would seem to say that Scotland is far more favourably represented in Westminster than it is in the EU.

And how loud will your voice be in the EU when you account for 1% of it's population and only 0.8% of its representatives?
And that is without the increased power of the EU to dictate laws to its constituent nations!

The powers Holyrood has now will be a distant memory if an independent Scotland goes it alone in the EU.

At least we would have Scottish representatives speaking for Scotland in Europe.

You have that at present.

Quite clearly they'll have even less influence if you have your way than they do now.

You highlight Neil Kinnock in another post - he's not unique, not by a long shot.
The corruption and cronyism in Brussels is rampant, its unchecked and accepted as the norm.

Who wants to be a part of that?

Westminster can hardly be viewed as free from the same corruption and cronyism etc but it can no way be compared to that of the EU.

Nigel Farrage is right when he says the only way to get what you want is to take to the streets and burn the establishment down.

On this we agree.
And we have a far better chance of doing this if we English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish stick together and fight the fight together!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Latest from Pollstation: 82% Leave with over 44000 votes.

www.pollstation.uk...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Well it seems the leave people are being trampled under the establishment steam roller.

I don't think you have any hope of winning. Nigel Farrage is right when he says the only way to get what you want is to take to the streets and burn the establishment down.
Don't kid yourself or allow the establishment do it either!

The UK is going to be f..ked if it Remains and ordinary UK folk too.

I think that the issue of Sovereignty and disenchantment with Immigration/migration is being hugely underestimated by the E.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

This is exactly why im voteing out.

Not the immigration .THIS !

There have been demands for reform and change for a long time and the EU resists and stalls why? Cause it people like lord kinnock that decide on "reforms" and those corrupt bastards are never going to reform themselfs out of a job afe they?

The EU was a good idea in principle but its foundations are rotton. If the EU was a building it would be condemned.
Not only condemned but demolished, disbanded, investigated aad history!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm agreeing with everything you say. I have previously stated that my preference is not to be in EU but I also do not want to be in UK. So this referendum is an opportunity to bring about a second Scottish Independence vote.

However I would hate voting to remain in EU and discover later than I had swung the vote for remain. So I have a big decision to make. I may decide to vote out after all and not risk it. Will just have to find another way to get out of UK.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Id say fight your battles one at a time.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join