It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

WHAT A HYPOCRITE

Is this really the calibre of the of the *Stay In* lobbyists

Jeremy Corbyn has just been on the news extolling the virtues of the UK

staying within the EU.

Remember this is the man who was gagged to appease the Blairites for saying

What powers do we have to do anything about the fraud and corruption

in the EU institutions, where money finds its way into the hands of the 'Mafia'

or into grandiose construction projects that are of no value to anyone.

The very same man who in 1975 voted against membership of the EU

The very same man who in 1993 voted against the Maastricht Treaty

The very same man who in 2008 voted against the Lisbon Treaty

He surely has NO creditability left what so ever

With the calibre of people behind the *Stay In* lobby .... How can anyone vote

to tay in
Agree. For 40 years Corbyn has been a staunch anti EU critic and all of a sudden he flips to being a supporter and vote remain camp member. And all because he just wants to keep his job. He knows that if he supports Leaving he will be kicked out of his job. No integrity, no balls, selfish old f..king hypocrite!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
More from Vote Leave:

This weekend marks the start of the official referendum campaign. We are holding some special events right across the country, and we’d love you to join us. Please feel free to bring along friends and family to play your part in a historic campaign.

15 April

Manchester (afternoon)
Nottingham
Plymouth
Ipswich
Southampton
Manchester (evening)
Llandudno

16 April

Glasgow
Newcastle
Cardiff
Birmingham
Leeds
Oxford

There will be a range of high profile speakers from all walks of life, and we will be giving you the opportunity to ask them questions afterwards. Hundreds of people will be at each of these events. Book now to reserve your place.

Theresa Villiers makes the case for Vote Leave

Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers today made a keynote speech on how the UK can secure a prosperous future outside the EU. Ms Villiers - who was previously an MEP - said that her time in Brussels made it clear that the EU is heading in the path of ‘more centralisation, more integration and more Europe’.

She stated that Northern Ireland will benefit from the boost to prosperity, jobs and openness to the world that leaving the EU would bring. Ms Villiers also dismissed the view that the Northern Ireland peace process would be in jeopardy after a ‘Leave’ vote, describing it as ‘scaremongering of the worst, most irresponsible, kind‘.

The choice is simple. If we want to take control and decide how to spend £350 million a week, there is only one thing to do. We must Vote Leave on 23 June so that we can spend our money on our priorities such as the NHS.

Many of Corbyn’s policies illegal under EU law

Jeremy Corbyn delivered a pro-EU speech at a Labour in For Britain event today. The Labour leader has been a lifelong eurosceptic, yet he claimed that we must stay in the EU to protect jobs and workers’ rights.

However, many of the pledges upon which he was elected as Labour leader will be extremely hard to achieve under EU law. These include bringing the railways, the NHS and energy companies back into full public ownership; greater rights for trade unions, and cracking down on tax avoidance by big business.
www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...

This shows how much power we have handed over to EU judges and politicians. The only way to take control is to Vote Leave on 23 June.

Today’s must reads:

EU to spend €30 million to sell itself - Politico
www.politico.eu...

Cameron commits to supporting farmers if UK leaves EU - Farmers Weekly
www.fwi.co.uk...

Citi hands six figure sum to remain campaign - Sky News
news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I'm disappointed with Jeremy Corbyn's decision today, but he is the leader of a party, where the majority of the M.P's are Europhiles. Personally I believe he should have stuck to his principles and let some othe Labour shadow minister push their support for Remain campaign.

If I am honest, i always thought he was a man of principle, but all I have seen today is a man afraid of upsetting people like Chuka Umunna.

Watch Chuka Umunna, there is something rather unpleasant about the man. He didn't have the balls to stand in the leadership contest, yet became one of the most vocal against Corbyn.

Blairites, I # 'em.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thats your opinion. Any evidence to back it up ? No didn't think so.
If it was true then why is SNP advocating for Scotland to stay in ?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ever heard of the Auld Alliance

No didn't think so
edit on b33216334 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I'm disappointed with Jeremy Corbyn's decision today, but he is the leader of a party, where the majority of the M.P's are Europhiles. Personally I believe he should have stuck to his principles and let some othe Labour shadow minister push their support for Remain campaign.

If I am honest, i always thought he was a man of principle, but all I have seen today is a man afraid of upsetting people like Chuka Umunna.

Watch Chuka Umunna, there is something rather unpleasant about the man. He didn't have the balls to stand in the leadership contest, yet became one of the most vocal against Corbyn.

Blairites, I # 'em.

Corbyn has shown himself to be a self centric fraud who is fickle to say the least and devoid of conviction and balls! I don't think he will last long! I always saw him as a left wing space filler.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Thats your opinion.

Quite correct.

Any evidence to back it up ? No didn't think so.

What part of my post specifically?

Have YOU got any evidence to contradict it other than your rather narrow minded opinion?

If it was true then why is SNP advocating for Scotland to stay in ?

To pursue their OWN agenda.....which may or not be in the Scots best interest.
I guess it comes down to opinion again.

My opinion is based on weighing up the pro's and con's of all arguments and trying to make an informed decision on what would be the best course of action for the British people.

The EU in its current manifestation is a bloated and corrupt entity that's sole aim is increased centralised power for Brussels.
That can not be a good thing for any of the regions of the UK - our strength has always been our united resolve.

You mention in another post 'The Auld Alliance' - look at it for what it really was; France trying to use and manipulate Scotland for it's own ends, i.e. weakening UK influence - divide and conquer.
It certainly wasn't for any altruistic belief in the Scottish people and their well being - if you believe that then you really are more naïve than I ever thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I never thought he was just a filler.

I believed him to be a man of principle, and he has demonstrated being so in the past. But, I guess he is now leader and avoidingbfurther criticism from his M.P's. Which really does go to show what politics is all about. Next thing ou know, he will be attending the Bilderberg meeting with George Osborne and Boris Johnson.

To be honest, with Boris at the head of the leave campaign, I think it was the death knell for it.

Boris has high aspirations of course, but he was never going to be Tory leader, therefore never becoming P.M.

He grew up in Brussels, reported from Brussels.

Bully, Bully, Bully.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This bit

"that affords you a certain amount of protection from the whims and excesses of the EU.
Stripped of that protection you will be viewed as a complete irrelevance in the EU's overall grand scheme of things.
And you will have absolutely nothing whatsoever to barter with, zero bargaining power."

What protection?

Why would we any more irrelevant than any other part ? We would have same relevance as England which is more than we have just now

What do you mean we have nothing to barter with. What do we have right now to barter with. Nothing because Westminster barters on our behalf. So any bartering power even miniscule is more than we have right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Absolute rubbish. Scotland and France worked together on many things besides military tactics. Take it you didn't read the link I gave. Stay ignorant then.
edit on b13616134 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Latest from Vote Leave who have kick off events today:

The NHS is in crisis. Waiting times are at record levels and A&E units are under severe strain. Imagine what it will be like when future EU members like Serbia, Albania and Turkey join. After we Vote Leave, the £350m we send to Brussels every week could be used to help fund our NHS. That’s why leaving is the safer choice on 23 June.

In other news...

BP wants us to stay in the EU at any cost. But this week, it outraged its shareholders by assuming it could get away with paying its Chief Executive £14m a year. Wrong! In a resounding victory for its shareholders, an overwhelming 59% voted the motion down.

Don’t trust BP fatcats on the EU - just look at how they pay themselves millions. Let’s take back control of our money and Vote Leave on 23 June.

Vote Leave - BP just paid its boss £14 million

The EU works for big business because they can afford expensive lobbyists to shape the rules in their favour. Look at who is funding the IN campaign - Wall Street investment banks who crippled our economy. They don’t have your interests at heart, they only care about their profit margin.

The week’s best reads:

I resigned so I could tell the truth about Brexit - John Longworth, Guardian
www.theguardian.com...

Outrage as Cameron poaches top civil servants for secret EU referendum - Sun
www.thesun.co.uk...

‘Return to sender’ - Daily Mail
www.dailymail.co.uk... tml?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

Cameron commits to supporting farmers if UK leaves EU - Farmers Weekly
www.fwi.co.uk...

Citi hands six figure sum to remain campaign - Sky News
news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just browsing today and I came across another site that was preaching doom

gloom and austerity if the UK leaves the EU and how much the UK is reliant on

the EU. I was reading some of the comments and one comment really rang a bell

with me,something that happened so long ago that I had literally forgotten it.

This is the comment,

Its like a bad relationship when you try to leave, the other partner tells you

# You're useless

# You'll fail

# You wont be able to manage without me

# You're pathetic

But when you leave YOU'RE FREE to do ALL the things you want to do.

Now the memory it brought back to me, is from the dark ages, way back to

before most of you had any awareness of what life was about, indeed I venture

some of you were not even born!!! A time when women couldn't have a mortgage,

take out credit, take contraceptives without her husbands permission, rape within

marriage was condoned, ( a man had his conjugal rights) domestic abuse didn't

exist?, and don't even consider equal pay. ( I don't think we are even there yet]

Those were the life conditions that existed when I refused to carry on with my

marriage, and when my ex. realised I was serious... He said every one of those

things,
] and then some ...and his parting shot to me was *who do you

think will want you now I've had the best years of your life....I'll see you on

your knees.*

That was the best thing he could have said to me, it gave me the impetus and

resolve the determination and backbone to have a good and successful life...and

its not over yet.

If success can be measured I think I can safely say that people who know both of

us, would say in truth that I have ended up with the more eventful, successful

life and economically in a better place than him.

Before the EU and in the past Britain was always at the forefront and indeed

was *Great Britain.*

There is no reason/ for this not to be the same again, with resolve backbone

and resolve .People stop being caught in the 'head lights like startled

rabbits' There's life out there waiting to be grabbed.

LIFE didn't start with the EU...There was life before the EU and it was good .

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
BP wants us to stay in the EU at any cost. But this week, it outraged its shareholders by assuming it could get away with paying its Chief Executive £14m a year. Wrong! In a resounding victory for its shareholders, an overwhelming 59% voted the motion down.

I appreciate all the links and info you provide but would like to correct this one bit!

It wasn't a victory for the shareholders, as it's a non-binding vote, and he still received his pay rise!!

See how immoral/greedy these people really are. Same happens with all other big corporations. Have a look at Sir Martin Sorrell's pay increases. I work for one of his companies and he has literally shipped 50% of the jobs abroad and hasn't given us a pay rise in 3 years!! He was pro Euro currency a decade back and is also pro-EU of course.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I appreciate all the links and info you provide but would like to correct this one bit!

It wasn't a victory for the shareholders, as it's a non-binding vote, and he still received his pay rise!!

See how immoral/greedy these people really are. Same happens with all other big corporations. Have a look at Sir Martin Sorrell's pay increases. I work for one of his companies and he has literally shipped 50% of the jobs abroad and hasn't given us a pay rise in 3 years!! He was pro Euro currency a decade back and is also pro-EU of course.
Thank you for the corrective clarification. And yes immoral/greedy/self centric/non-empathic people!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Just browsing today and I came across another site that was preaching doom

gloom and austerity if the UK leaves the EU and how much the UK is reliant on

the EU. I was reading some of the comments and one comment really rang a bell

with me,something that happened so long ago that I had literally forgotten it.

This is the comment,

Its like a bad relationship when you try to leave, the other partner tells you

# You're useless

# You'll fail

# You wont be able to manage without me

# You're pathetic

But when you leave YOU'RE FREE to do ALL the things you want to do.

Now the memory it brought back to me, is from the dark ages, way back to

before most of you had any awareness of what life was about, indeed I venture

some of you were not even born!!! A time when women couldn't have a mortgage,

take out credit, take contraceptives without her husbands permission, rape within

marriage was condoned, ( a man had his conjugal rights) domestic abuse didn't

exist?, and don't even consider equal pay. ( I don't think we are even there yet]

Those were the life conditions that existed when I refused to carry on with my

marriage, and when my ex. realised I was serious... He said every one of those

things,
] and then some ...and his parting shot to me was *who do you

think will want you now I've had the best years of your life....I'll see you on

your knees.*

That was the best thing he could have said to me, it gave me the impetus and

resolve the determination and backbone to have a good and successful life...and

its not over yet.

If success can be measured I think I can safely say that people who know both of

us, would say in truth that I have ended up with the more eventful, successful

life and economically in a better place than him.

Before the EU and in the past Britain was always at the forefront and indeed

was *Great Britain.*

There is no reason/ for this not to be the same again, with resolve backbone

and resolve .People stop being caught in the 'head lights like startled

rabbits' There's life out there waiting to be grabbed.

LIFE didn't start with the EU...There was life before the EU and it was good .

Concur! Fortune and benefit will favour the brave. Its a time for the PRIDE of the nation to rise!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Something I read today got me thinking. We are being told that basically, we are nothing without the EU and that our future depends on it, ie we are small and delicate and will struggle on our own. We also have the IMF saying a Brexit would deal a blow to global economics.

It has to be one or the other. We are either significant or insignificant. It can't be both.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

They will say anything to scare us into voting Remain even if they contradict themselves.
Osbourne is now even saying that our interest rates will go up if we Leave.

The Remain campaign has only one tactic and that is just fear stories on what would happen if we Leave.
I don't know about you but I'm still waiting for a strong positive reason for staying in the EU.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Richard Tice is CEO of Quidnet Capital Partners is a co-chair of Leave EU.....
He has over 27 years experience in international real estate = markets covering
property, corporate activity, financing and distressed debt in both the quoted
and unquoted sectors. He has written an article for The Evening Standard.

I have been struck by how negative the pro EU stance are ....The claims of
Doom and Gloom become more extravagant by the day.

Housing is an area where the loss of the ability to control emigration has been most
severely felt. Uncontrolled EU migration has increased pressure on a relatively
fixed housing stock.

Free movement is all very well but the consequences drive down wages, while
increasing pressure on housing, schools and hospitals.

The EU's insistence of unfettered free movement is greatly negatively impacting
the living standards of the next generation ....and the less well off in particular

The UK will prosper outside of the EU, regaining their independence will
let them regain their confidence and adopt laws that are far more dynamic and
more suited to local needs than the remote approach of the EU. It will encourage
us to explore wider 'global' opportunities.

Britain's assets are 'world class' - London is a global capital with unrivalled artistic
musical and cultural assets. Leading universities and together with New York the
worlds financial capital and hugely creative design, engineering media and
business services companies.

The UK is considered the worlds greatest 'soft power' they are a member of the
UN Security Council - NATO - The World Bank - the IMF - the Commonwealth and
96 other global organisations. We will regain our vote on the World Trade Org.

Leaving the EU will re-energise this Great Country . We will not be isolated;
on the contrary we will be fully globally engaged.

The EU has failed in almost every aspect of its reach .... and yet it continues
to amass more and more power.

This is perhaps the only opportunity we get in our lives to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

LET THE UK EMBRACE THE WORLD NOT JUST EUROPE.

www.standard.co.uk...

There is some substance in that piece a lot more so than "The heavens will
fall in and a plague on all your children as is all i can find from the *remain lobby*?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Something I read today got me thinking. We are being told that basically, we are nothing without the EU and that our future depends on it, ie we are small and delicate and will struggle on our own. We also have the IMF saying a Brexit would deal a blow to global economics.
It has to be one or the other. We are either significant or insignificant. It can't be both.

David and Goliath
Size isn't everything.

The EU is oversized TOO big to look after all its members.

edit on 15-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

David and Goliath
Size isn't everything.

The EU is oversized TOO big to look after all its members.
And half its members are almost bankrupt, have diverse unequal economies and GDP's. Its a disaster in the making. Only time will be our witness!

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join