It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I still fail to see why this is a subject that should be considered in an EU exit discussion.

This >> "Romanian health service in crisis as doctors leave for UK and other states" link That is a solely EU issue, yet again you deny it. Lame as #.

Number of doctors in Romanian hospitals has fallen from 21,400 to 14,400 since 2011, says president of professional body

*Edit*
I support paying taxes to train UK doctors, not stealing the doctors from piss poor EU nations...perhaps you think differently?
edit on 27.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do you have the numbers of Romanian doctors/nurses entering the UK before and after Romania joined the EU?

If there is a significant increase, then surely that would prove your theory that the EU is responsible.

Edit: Actually ignore that, the link you provided gave sufficient evidence.
edit on 83117bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 27 Mar 2016 19:17:14 -05003116 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Nah ... top priority is rid ourselves of English domination / rule.

Union was supposed to be equal. It's not. Never has been.

Once Independence is achieved SNP is history. Then we can get down to other business. Ditch EU. Ditch Queen.

Today's Eire Easter Rising Centenary was inspirational.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

You will be ruled by the EU then, and not achieve your dreams, just the dreams of the EU and the SNP, lol if it wasn't so tragic.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I don't see whats tragic about trying to get your country back.

Isn't that what your trying to do ?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The future options and choices for our children and their children are at stake here and if the British people can live with their conscience when they later discover that they made the biggest electoral mistake in the history of the UK then they should vote to stay! Personally, looking at all the issues and problems arising from current membership and its expense, not to mention the huge risks of remaining in the EU, I wouldn't want it on my conscience that I voted to remain when the EU finally goes full monty tits up
edit on 28-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

I don't see whats tragic about trying to get your country back.

Isn't that what your trying to do ?

Our Sovereignty and ability to determine our own destiny with some financial benefit is only one of many key issues and benefits of leaving the EU. Pride may even be one of them for some.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

The tragedy is you will vote for 'independence' governed by the EU, so no, we are clearly chasing different ideas.
I wish for a sovereign nation and my vote will be clear. You wish for a sovereign nation but your vote is unclear when you choose to remain in the EU as a tactical move.
Yes, tragic and dishonest.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
The tragedy is you will vote for 'independence' governed by the EU, so no, we are clearly chasing different ideas.
I wish for a sovereign nation and my vote will be clear. You wish for a sovereign nation but your vote is unclear when you choose to remain in the EU as a tactical move.

LOL!! ...Reminds me of the father of one of my grandchildren. A Scotsman

his parents still lived in Scotland, but he had lived in England both working

and receiving benefits since he was 18 years old.

He spent the whole time deriding the English, Westminster, the benefits on

and on and on. Never could understand why he stayed?
When it was

so awful for him ....

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Our Sovereignty and ability to determine our own destiny with some financial benefit is only one of many key issues and benefits of leaving the EU. Pride may even be one of them for some.

My take is ... Which person in their right mind would after working all

week/month take home their earnings, then hand them over to someone

else to use/manage/spend their behalf, being given back a tiny

amount which they are then told what they can or cant spend it on!!

Doesn't make any sense!!

Madness

edit on 28-3-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

else to use/manage/spend their behalf, being given back a tiny Mind boggling isn't it!

On the 23 June 2016 we will discover how wise or stupid a large portion of the population of the UK is!

Doesn't make any sense!!

Madness

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Latest from Vote Leave:

Imagine if we Vote Leave in 86 days’ time…We can make the UK safer by taking back control of our borders to stop criminals entering the UK freely.

EU free movement of criminals makes us less safe

Vote Leave has today revealed 50 of the EU’s most dangerous criminals www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... ce=voteleave who came to the UK to commit serious offences including murder and rape. The EU’s ‘free movement’ rules mean that many criminals can travel from the EU to the UK undetected.

Examples of the criminals we were powerless to stop coming to the UK include Victor Akulic, a Lithuanian with many convictions including for child rape – who, within a year of entering the UK, committed rape here. The sentencing judge, Lady Justice Hallett, asked during his trial: ‘do we have to take in anybody, even if they have a conviction for raping a child?’

In another shocking example, Mariusz Florowski, a Polish national with multiple convictions including for armed robbery, came to the UK and killed a man with a blowtorch before dousing his body with petrol, in an episode the judge described as ‘torture’.

EU law does not require other EU member states to inform the UK on a systematic basis of the criminal records of their nationals. This has created an effective right of freedom of movement for EU criminals which makes the UK less safe and less secure.
d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...

Please forward our research dossier d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net... on to at least ten other people so that they can see how the EU is making us less safe.

Today’s must-reads:

Deadly cost of our open borders - Mail www.dailymail.co.uk... iminals-let-EU-rules.html

European judges could water down security powers ahead of vote - Telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk...

Free to kill: Europe let 45 thugs into Britain who went on to murder, rape and GBH - Sun www.thesun.co.uk...

EU loophole lets ISIS keep its guns - Times www.thetimes.co.uk...

PM's astonishing warning to top Tory MEP that he would be 'finished' if he backed Brexit - Mail www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

else to use/manage/spend their behalf, being given back a tiny

Doesn't make any sense!!

Madness
Exactly! And higher up the gravy train the less likely it gets so why does our Government do it? I'm they have their reasons and it ain't for the benefit of the many!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yes, tragic and dishonest.
Staying in the EU neither helps England or Scotland. Best be safe and vote out!
edit on 30-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I just had an interesting conversation with a close friend of mine that I thought I would share as it may play a small but deciding factor in the vote.

My friend has been a staunch out man for many years. 62 years old, never liked it always argued against membership and immigration.

He has type 1 progressive MS and his doctor suggested he move to the continent and enjoy the benefits of the weather, seaside and cheaper living so he can eat and live his days out better.

Although there is no gaurentee that an exit vote would change things he has decided that he would be better off voting IN as to secure the option to live in the EU if he wants to.

I wonder how many voters of the age that this could be an option will be swayed even if it would not defenatley mean it would not be out of the question with a brexit.

A lot of voters might bottle it in favour of personal reasons?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If your friend has MS, surely he would be better off around friends and loved ones rather moving away from them?

But to answer your question... Yeah I bet there are many people who would look at this referendum in a selfish way (who can blame them to be honest, we all seemed to get screwed over constantly in this country).

I'll personally be voting on my principles and what I think is the right thing to do for our people and country.
Hence why I'm voting LEAVE.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

If your friend has MS, surely he would be better off around friends and loved ones rather moving away from them?

But to answer your question... Yeah I bet there are many people who would look at this referendum in a selfish way (who can blame them to be honest, we all seemed to get screwed over constantly in this country).

I'll personally be voting on my principles and what I think is the right thing to do for our people and country.
Hence why I'm voting LEAVE.

He has about 5 to 8 years and about 3 of them before he needs help on a full time basis, he just wants to have the option and has a good base here in the UK when he needs to come back but it suprised me when he said he had changed his mind and that is why I put it out here as there must be a good amount of people in a similar situation.

Silver surfers are a big percentage of the population.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would vote to exit, but I'm not eligible to vote there since I'm in the US. I've just always favored an independent UK.
(Admittedly, I have not read much on the subject. Sorry.)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You will have a few people in similar situations, but I think you're clutching at straws a bit here as I'm certain the majority of older people will be voting Leave.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

You will have a few people in similar situations, but I think you're clutching at straws a bit here as I'm certain the majority of older people will be voting Leave.

Not clutching at anything as I am happy to go with the majority vote.

I just thought it was an interesting concept given that we have a lot of people that may be getting to that age and thinking about retiring to the more sunny area's and choose a selfish "REMAIN" vote.

Not a popular thing to say in such a biased thread but thought it might be an interesting point.

Obviously not though as anything that suggests a remain vote gets boo'd out of oblivion here....

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join