It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: nonspecific

No word of a lie my mate's missus is from Serbia and is on a 2 year visa because she has a child with an English man and is now trying to get married to anyone English so she can get a full UK passport and stay here and she has the vote.

She is voting out because she does not want any more immigrants coming into the country???????

Figure that one out if you can, I threw her out of the house for that kind of hypocrisy.

That figures .... they have a piece of the UK pie, like it, and don't want to share

because eventually it will dilute the pie?

I have seen similar interviews on news channels where the same people are for

sending immigrants/refugees back saying we need no more coming to this country!

So you see the UK is one big draw for the less privileged

Are you not an immigrant yourself though?

I imagine that at some point your ancestors came from somewhere?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
From Vote LEAVE and the Minister of State for Employment

Most small businesses want to take back control from the EU. Join us and make it happen.

Small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) are the lifeblood of our economy, employing nearly 16 million people. As Employment Minister, I meet many of the men and women who run them and they tell me they’re fed up with the EU making the rules.
From excessive regulations to botched trade deals, they feel the EU has failed. They want our Government, not Eurocrats, to decide how we do business.

We must free British companies to compete successfully in the global market. Millions of people’s jobs depend on it.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: berenike

Agreed.
I see it very much the same as you. The UK government is very much more accountable in a sovereign UK, democratically, and in practical action terms.
That's right and they cant blame the EU or wriggle on some issues!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
IDS has resigned so has no excuse now not to start splashing the dirt re EU referendum. I hope he has lots of dirt to share to put remain in a bad light!
Interesting development. Lets hope he spills the beans on the REMAIN campaign.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Link to check out more from Vote LEAVE

www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

'The Crown' government, in all of the UK, Scotland included despite its different legal system and so forth from the rest of Britain,

is entirely a product of Franco Prussain invaders anyway. It comes from Germanic and French invaders, and they've been in fighting on The Island for ages, since at least 1066.

(The Romans invaded too of course, way earlier, but they mostly left. They didn't stay and establish a false kingdom and pretend to be Britons or whatever. Viking invasions also happened a lot, though I don't personally know for sure how ingrained those are to the legal governing systems that control the UK (that means Scotland too, in case anyone keeps thinking it's somehow that different there).

That said, I don't think that even in a modern-only context that hardly anyone understands what the European Parliament even is. Originally it was supposed to be a way to trade without taxes being applied (no import and export taxes). And also to try to prevent any more 'World' Wars, since those were based on Germany (and some others) vs other European nations.
If you dislike the notion of not having borders and insist on associating your what ought to be an immortal soul with the idea of flags and imposed characteristics that supposedly apply to you because of where your parents lived or happened to be when you got born, then that might be one reason you could also think that the Euro government is a mere stepping stone to a one world government.
Maybe it is also part of that. But then how exactly is that so different from what we live under anyway. Whatever laws you live under and in what way they are applied, is always regionally different anyway. And atop that there's a more national governance. If there was an overt one world government, the applications of its laws would still be down to regional and then some kind of national branches.

So. What actual difference will it make to your own personal life if you're British, or Scottish, and we leave the Brussels government?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Plenty. I have seen the number of migrants and their impact on the UK over the last 40 years. Its services, including housing, schooling, healthcare, benefits, safety and many other general things.

I am against having to abide by laws not defined in the country of my birth and residence.

I am no royalist either.

Which way will you vote (eligible or not)?

edit on 19-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitors
What actual difference will it make to your own personal life if you're British, or Scottish, and we leave the Brussels government?

Scottish people are British...they live on the same island called Britain, didn't you get the memo?

*Edit*
...and in answer to your question, when we can control EU immigration to only take the people we actually need, just like the rest of the world does, then the difference it will make to me is I won't be competing for work against Romanians living 10 to a rented house charging £45 for a days work.
You may cry "Oh that's exploitative employers paying less than minimum wage!" but no, I'm talking self employed and quoting a price for a job. Perfectly lawful to price a job below minimum wage when one is self-employed. There is no way a British tradesman can compete with the workers from piss poor parts of the EU.

#voteleave
edit on 19.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wrote that because there's tonnes of people that don't consider themselves British, they are Scottish and that is that.

I'm well qualified and a good worker. I can't get work and it's nothing to do with immigrants as far as I know (I've never heard of some immigrant getting a job I should have gotten). That situation would be the same whether the UK took in immigrants or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I wrote that because there's tonnes of people that don't consider themselves British, they are Scottish and that is that.

They are still British though, regardless of what you or they think. British passport holders, living on the island commonly known as Britain, and with their countryfolk in the British Army.

I'm well qualified and a good worker. I can't get work and it's nothing to do with immigrants as far as I know (I've never heard of some immigrant getting a job I should have gotten). That situation would be the same whether the UK took in immigrants or not.

Can you not get minimum wage work from employment agencies???
Funny how unskilled workers from Eastern Europe manage to find agency work easily.
Perhaps you are too choosy, or not trying hard enough. Over a million EU nationals would chuckle if you say there is no work around lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

How are immigrants causing all the terrible housing to trash our remaining green or wild spaces and be built as the eyesores they are, in ever urbanising Britain?
How did immigrants cause education to have the bottom fall out of it?
How are immigrants responsible for society being dumbed down to such an extent?
How did immigrants cause infrastructure to be so wrongly implemented?

I've had The Crown pursue me for doing nothing wrong at all, at great expense to the tax payer. This is not an isolated incident. The courts are full of cases that shouldn't be there. The law is corrupt. They'll spend money to ruin your life, for defending yourself against others ruining your life (just one example), and then that causes loads of other knock on effects to waste public money - like for example paying people for housing they can't use properly, and the reason they can't use it properly is because the governments enforcers pursued them for defending themselves.

I've had my life further ruined by Her Majs Finest, I won't go into the details. Stopping immigrants coming here isn't going to solve the massive actual problems of here. I welcome as many as possible, because it'll help flood the actual corruption out of existence.

There is not enough space here as is, but that is because of urbanisation and how the land has been used. It'd be different if we had a decent society to defend, as if somehow things were ok and then lots of migrants came here and ruined it. But it's the other way around. This place is like the dark ages, and it was already way overcrowded anyway and way too built up, before the more recent (ie, not counting the Commonwealth & Empire related acquisitions, and not counting post-WW2 immigrants) immigration.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: visitors

Lol, you genuinely believe that?!
Plenty of good reasons to have control over immigration of unskilled workers from piss poor parts of the EU.
Do you agree with uncontrolled immigration from piss poor parts of the EU?
If you do I'd be interested in your supporting arguments for it.
edit on 19.3.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Scotland doesn't even have the same legal structure as the rest of the UK, which has been true for a long time before the parliament came into being. Scotland has like 3 banks printing legal tender, England has one, Northern Ireland has at least one, Wales doesn't. There's mints for some of the many islands.

I don't know any immigrants personally who think there's loads of work here. Have you actually spoken to any personally?

I hear that many take jobs that don't even pay min wage. Great sounding life if so, I'm so jealous...

it raises an important point though - lots of work environments are intolerable. They are bad for your health, and the things that are bad for your health are entirely irrelevant to the work being done. This is not a situation that has come about because of immigration either. This country being a nightmare that way is the case, immigration or not.

How is stopping immigration going to fix that problem? How is it to going to stop the creation of fake jobs made just to make unemployment figures look better, and replace them with say jobs that build a self-sufficient natural healthy place to live in?

This is a tiny island, it shouldn't have been that hard to make it pretty much self sufficient by now.

edit on 19-3-2016 by visitors because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Scotland doesn't even have the same legal structure as the rest of the UK, which has been true for a long time before the parliament came into being. Scotland has like 3 banks printing legal tender, England has one, Northern Ireland has at least one, Wales doesn't. There's mints for some of the many islands.

So what?
I never accept Scottish banknotes lol

I don't know any immigrants personally who think there's loads of work here. Have you actually spoken to any personally?

Yep, 10-20% of my social circle are EU nationals. All working, and all chuckle with me (tragically) about our lazy bastard British friends who say there is no work about.

I hear that many take jobs that don't even pay min wage. Great sounding life if so, I'm so jealous...

Probably misinformed then, dodgy 'employers' can''t easily get away with paying less that minimum wage.
Self employed contractors can legally price a job while knowing full well it will involve hours that result in less than minimum wage.

it raises an important point though - lots of work environments are intolerable. They are bad for your health, and the things that are bad for your health are entirely irrelevant to the work being done. This is not a situation that has come about because of immigration either. This country being a nightmare that way is the case, immigration or not.

Sorry, I don't have a clue what point you are trying to make.

How is stopping immigration going to fix that problem?

Who want's to stop immigration?? Not me, just control immigration so the country only accepts the people it needs.
Just like the rest of the world outside of the EU does.

How is to going to stop the creation of fake jobs made just to make unemployment figures look better, and replace them with say jobs that build a self-sufficient natural healthy place to live in?

This is a tiny island, it shouldn't have been that hard to make it pretty much self sufficient by now.

Sorry, again I don't understand your exact point there.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Genuinely believe what? That the equivalent of DDosing works wonders on evil systems?

Who do you think is illegally employing all these immigrants? To do what?

I've been piss poor all my life and I was born here and I live here. There's no opportunities here. Immigrants come here because if they can earn money, due to exchange rates (which remember is an entirely falsely created economic thing, there's no currencies actually backed by genuine metal or whatever anymore, certainly not the UKs) what they earn here translates to a fortune where they send the money back to.

Similarly, if you saved up say 10 grand, it'd get you absolutely nothing here in terms of setting up a life. If you were able to move to some other country where things are different, you could get a really nice villa with grounds for that.

I thought it'd be obvious from my original comment that I don't believe in travel and living restrictions generally, no. I shouldn't need a passport or an ID anything or any kind of paperwork or its online equivalnet to go live or work or drive where I like either.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Get me a job then, if there's so many about. I can do computer networking and mechanics and loads of other things too.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You sound like a whingebag who is on benefits and blaming the world for all your ills, as far as I see it.
You ducked my point regarding my EU friends easily finding agency work while you whinge you can't find any.
I understand why you ducked that point.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Cause it's irrelevant and most likely untrue, just like anything else anti-immigration types come up with.

Whereas I've provided many points that show what is really wrong with Britain, and that stopping, or limiting, immigration doesn't even begin to address those problems.

Your attitude for example - is exactly a type of attitude we need to get rid of, from the whole planet. In every country.

The things you're claiming about me - when you're the one that wants to limit others being able to live and work where they like, cause boo hoo they charge less than you do for the same job.
So you want the government to subsidise your earning ability by limiting others who undercut your prices?

At least I'm blaming the actual culprits for my situation.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

You sound like a whingebag who is on benefits and blaming the world for all your ills, as far as I see it.
You ducked my point regarding my EU friends easily finding agency work while you whinge you can't find any.
I understand why you ducked that point.

You mention that you wish for controlled immigration and only want immigrants that we need but also say that a lot of British citizens are lazy and refuse to work.

Is it not feasible that we actually need these low paid immigrant workers to fill the gap that the benefit culture slobs of today are not filling themselves?

Genuine question here as it seems odd that our esteemed leaders allow this to happen?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So you want the government to subsidise your earning ability by limiting others who undercut your prices?

Nope, I just don't see the benefit to the UK having hundreds of thousands of folk from other countries living 4 to a room undercutting job prices to below minimum wage, and sending their profit back to their homelands.

Do you support that then?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join