It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Latest from Vote LEAVE

It’s safer to take back control. Let’s spend our money on our priorities. We can trade with Europe without giving away permanent control to people we can’t vote out.
Imagine if we Vote Leave in 99 days’ time… Businesses which don’t export to the EU will no longer be bound by burdensome regulation from Brussels.
UK taxpayers to foot £100 billion bill to EU over next five years

New research www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... source=voteleave published by Vote Leave today reveals that UK taxpayers will pay a staggering £96.5 billion to Brussels before 2021. It is also worth noting that the UK’s payments will be £1.67 billion higher in 2021 than 2016, showing how the cost of our EU membership will only increase if we vote to stay in.
Imagine what else this money could be spent on – such as investing in schools, funding our NHS or building more homes for young families trying to get on the housing ladder.
As the Chancellor gives his Budget speech today, the £350 million we send to Brussels every week is one bill he can’t cut. Voting to remain in the EU means handing more money and more power to the EU. The only way to take back control and spend our money on our priorities is to Vote Leave.
Wrong then, wrong now
Lord Mandelson, a leading member of the BSE [Britain Stronger in Europe] campaign, yesterday shamelessly denied that he had ever supported the UK scrapping the pound. The former EU Commissioner claimed that he just wanted to keep the ‘option open’ of joining the euro. This is nonsense. In 2003 he said that ‘staying out of the Euro would prove a disaster … The price we would pay in lost investment and trade and jobs would be incalculable’.
Peter Mandelson is now spreading similar doom-mongering claims about what might happen if we Vote Leave. If IN campaigners can’t be honest about what they used to say, why should we trust them now?
Don’t believe the scare stories about the UK leaving the EU. Remember…
As the Chairman of the IN campaign admitted: www.thetimes.co.uk... ‘Nothing is going to happen if we come out ... There will be absolutely no change … It’s not going to be a step change or somebody’s going to turn the lights out.’
Stat of the day: £96.5 billion – the UK’s contribution to the EU over the next five years (Vote Leave)

Today's must-reads
Taxpayers to fork out £370m A WEEK if Britain does not leave the EU - Express www.express.co.uk...

Whitehall pesters top firms for EU propaganda - Mail www.dailymail.co.uk... case-studies-pass-ministers-Number-Ten.html

The UK has a much brighter future outside the EU - we should take it - Matthew Elliott, Huffington Post www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Peter Mandelson denies he ever supported British membership of the euro – despite warning in 2003 staying out of the single currency would be a 'disaster' - Mail www.mailonsunday.co.uk... cy-disaster.html

Here’s why I back Brexit - Ann Widdecombe, Express www.express.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
The EU will only ever work if all member states are equal in Social Benefits, Education, Health Service etc. having countries within a union of the "have's and have nots" will only end in tears.

At the end of the day, the British populace only ever voted for the "Common Market" within the EU and that's exactly where it should have ended. The political power within the EU has never been sanctioned by any Brit, and IMHO every government since the seventies have committed treason by giving so much sovereign rights up without a referendum. It's for this reason I'm voting out including the fact that the bankers at the ECB have diplomatic immunity/passports.
Valid points. The more I hear and read (and discover) the more convinced I am that to LEAVE is the only sensible and longer term stable option.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: flammadraco
The EU will only ever work if all member states are equal in Social Benefits, Education, Health Service etc. having countries within a union of the "have's and have nots" will only end in tears.

We don't even get that sort of parity within same country's? Even within

individual country's you have the *haves* and the *have nots* But that is easier to

deal with in similar cultures and similarly educated peoples.

What gets me is that there seems to be groups (probably on the young side) of

people who seem to not understand the UK existed and very successfully before

there ever was a EU

Young voters are naive to this. And that plays into the REMAIN campaigns hands.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
i,m for out but it won,t happen cause like scottish referendum when it comes down to it people will go for what they think is the safe option and that is don,t change anything.

the polls were going for independence until that day arrived then people thought oh wait a min this could go balls up so i,ll just stay where i am, hence scotland still part of uk.
Lets hope that this situation is different and plays out the way is best for the people and the country longer term.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: DexterRiley

The problem with the forthcoming referendum for the UK is that no one under the

age of about 60 can appreciate the unacceptable and drastic changes that Britain

has been through since they joined the 'common market' in the 1970's

please note

*common market* and NOT the 'European Union' of ever closer intergration.

They have not experienced the UK as a truly independent and successful country.

Our small island is over populated, all aspects of services and infrastructure are at

breaking point ... and we are being bled dry by Brussels.
Yes we are and have been and will continue to be if we don't get OUT. The young voter is a concern, but they have parents and surely their parents will shed light on the prior and history of joining the EU.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Some of the parents of the young voter's are themselves too young to

remember an independent UK

Also the very young voters just in or out of uni. are at the rebellious stage in

life where they just dig their heels in for the sake of it.

Just wish they would take on board how it will effect the rest of their lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Latest poll 52% Leave 45% Remain 3% Undecided.

www.rt.com...

I don't know whether it was on here that I read there has to be clear 10% difference between Leave and Remain for a winner to be recognised! Is that true?

One can only hope that the poll is showing the truth although I stiill cant believe the Remain are so high, they havent come up with any positives only threats and fearmongering wheras Leave are far more positive and optomistic.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
IN 1980 THE EU HAD NINE MEMBERS AND REPRESENTED 30% OF WORLD GDP.

BY 2019 WITH TWENTY EIGHT MEMBERS IT IS PREDICTED TO HAVE FALLEN TO

JUST 15%

The EU has increased from a membership of nine in 1980 to its current total of

twenty eight member states (or should it now be 29 if Turkey is included?) - YET -

its global share of GDP has HALVED in the last 40 years.

The single market is declining, and the UK's membership of the EU is hindering the

UK's ability to trade FREELY with emerging markets in the wider world.

The British people will have the opportunity on June 23rd to vote to LEAVE THE EU -

To be a FREE AND MORE PROSPEROUS NATION. FREE TO EMBRACE THE GLOBAL

MARKET.

www.leave.eu...
edit on 16-3-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

www.rt.com...

I don't know whether it was on here that I read there has to be clear 10% difference between Leave and Remain for a winner to be recognised! Is that true?

One can only hope that the poll is showing the truth although I stiill cant believe the Remain are so high, they havent come up with any positives only threats and fearmongering wheras Leave are far more positive and optomistic.
Its not surprising that the ATS vote is running at 60%+ LEAVE.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

IN 1980 THE EU HAD NINE MEMBERS AND REPRESENTED 30% OF WORLD GDP.

BY 2019 WITH TWENTY EIGHT MEMBERS IT IS PREDICTED TO HAVE FALLEN TO

JUST 15%

The EU has increased from a membership of nine in 1980 to its current total of

twenty eight member states (or should it now be 29 if Turkey is included?) - YET -

its global share of GDP has HALVED in the last 40 years.

The single market is declining, and the UK's membership of the EU is hindering the

UK's ability to trade FREELY with emerging markets in the wider world.

The British people will have the opportunity on June 23rd to vote to LEAVE THE EU -

To be a FREE AND MORE PROSPEROUS NATION. FREE TO EMBRACE THE GLOBAL

MARKET.

www.leave.eu...

This is what I mean by the REMAIN benefits are so small compared to the LEAVE and the risk if REMAINING is higher.

Who wants to be in a club that only has 15% of the worlds GDP. That's that a market, its a joke!!! The UK alone can cover that amount by trading with the nations outside the EU!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

www.rt.com...

I have refrained from this thread until now but it's a slow day will stick my 2pence worth in.

I am voting to stay in the EU, I enjoy the freedom to travel and also do not like the thought of needing an allie and the US stepping in to make us the 51st state.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol, you'll still be free to travel! I've traveled more of Asia than Europe, couple of years on and off...that's what passports and automatic visitor visas are all about.
Even the US offer the visa waiver scheme...tut tut shame on your fearmongering!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, you'll still be free to travel! I've traveled more of Asia than Europe, couple of years on and off...that's what passports and automatic visitor visas are all about.
Even the US offer the visa waiver scheme...tut tut shame on your fearmongering!

More concerned about others right to travel as a big chunk of my friends are European.

The main reason as I said is I would rather be part of a screwed up Europe than the 51st state of an even more screwed up USA.

I can't see how we can have the kind of independence that a lot of people think we have the capability of.

It's not 1860 anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Ah, there is no evidence to suggest that the UK will end up annexed by the US so I struggle to see why you have worries about that.

Regarding the UK not surviving outside of the EU that's silly, even Alex Salmon isn't daft enough to suggest that because he knows it's silly and would damage any other arguments he may have for a remain vote lol

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not suggesting that we can not survive, prosper a little even maybe but a lot of folks seem to have this crazy notion that we will be the Great Britain of old again and I just don't see this happening given the competition.

We are going to need some allies for trade and suchlike and I imagine Uncle Sam will be there ready and waiting with a big list of things they would like from there favourite little lapdog.

I would ideally like to see a Great Britain that could stand alone but I don't think the world works like that anymore.

Anyways It seems a bit pointless this thread as I think everyone has already made up there minds.

I have no issue with anyone wishing to vote out as long as they have a valid reason for doing so and not just spouting the same old media propagated nonsense.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Same, I respect anyone's right to vote how they feel is appropriate.
I've wanted out for over a decade so my opinion is well considered lol.
May the people decide in June comrade...I hope you lose!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Same, I respect anyone's right to vote how they feel is appropriate.
I've wanted out for over a decade so my opinion is well considered lol.
May the people decide in June comrade...I hope you lose!

I will be happy in the knowledge that my in vote will effectively cancel your out one and you will have a wasted journey.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Haha no! It is my leave vote cancelling yours out, it appears we have a stalemate.
Come to the light comrade, no shame in changing your mind to do the right thing

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Haha no! It is my leave vote cancelling yours out, it appears we have a stalemate.
Come to the light comrade, no shame in changing your mind to do the right thing

I was just thinking of suggesting that you did the same thing

Maybe some kind of duel is in order.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

www.rt.com...

I have refrained from this thread until now but it's a slow day will stick my 2pence worth in.

I am voting to stay in the EU, I enjoy the freedom to travel and also do not like the thought of needing an allie and the US stepping in to make us the 51st state.
It is a kind of a democracy so you are entitled to your opinion and vote. Good luck, but just remember when I said it will be a disaster in waiting if we REMAIN!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join