It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

What do you expect from the bitter French who deep down despise us?

I'm sure when it gets down to the nitty gritty the Germans will be far more pragmatic.

And they still owe us a thank you for saving their country from becoming Germany #. If they are not pragmatic they hurt 27 nations vs 1.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Brexit: Ministers brace for no-deal disruption with £60m plans for motorway barrier

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
EU leaders at odds over filling €75bn Brexit shortfall

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Is there a Brexit ‘bounce’ for construction?

www.ribaj.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thank you for your updates.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Thank you for your updates.

Rainbows
Jane

You are most welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Sit on the fence just in case....

Emmanuel Macron 'not certain' trade deal can be reached between UK and EU before deadline

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Brexit: Business leaders urge Boris Johnson to avoid red tape as UK draws trade battle lines

uk.yahoo.com...

edit on 24-2-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Demand. Go f.ck your self!

For 43 years the EU has stolen our fish stocks and our fisherman's jobs!

Brussels demands UK upholds fishing rights of EU fleets in British waters

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is the correct stance we should have made from day one!

No Canadian deal then no deal!

Britain, on trade collision course with EU, says it could walk away

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Brexit: Boris Johnson claims UK prepared to leave EU with no deal at end of year, document reveals

www.msn.com... BBoPWjQ

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Barnier shows 'ambitious' draft UK deal to EU members

www.rte.ie...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Barnier shows 'ambitious' draft UK deal to EU members

www.rte.ie...

No deal.
That's the only deal this country needs.
Screw the rotting carcass of the EU.

edit on 14/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Of course we want a deal....its just the kind of deal we can negotiate.

Ideally we want a Free Trade agreement with no freedom of movement etc.
But that simply isn't going to happen.
So the reality is that in order to get anything near what we both want we are going to have to compromise and concede on certain issues.....that's called negotiations.
Of course the EU has to do the same and prior to Brexit that's something they seemed insistent on not doing but they do seem to have taken a slightly more concilliatory approach recently.

A good trade deal is paramount - ideally Free Trade - but that doesn't mean we have to bend over on other issues and we most definitely leave NO DEAL on the table.

We need to make it perfectly clear to the EU that whilst we'd really prefer a mutually satisfactory deal, however, No Deal will always remain a preferred option over a bad deal.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Of course we want a deal....its just the kind of deal we can negotiate.

Ideally we want a Free Trade agreement with no freedom of movement etc.
But that simply isn't going to happen.
So the reality is that in order to get anything near what we both want we are going to have to compromise and concede on certain issues.....that's called negotiations.
Of course the EU has to do the same and prior to Brexit that's something they seemed insistent on not doing but they do seem to have taken a slightly more concilliatory approach recently.

A good trade deal is paramount - ideally Free Trade - but that doesn't mean we have to bend over on other issues and we most definitely leave NO DEAL on the table.

We need to make it perfectly clear to the EU that whilst we'd really prefer a mutually satisfactory deal, however, No Deal will always remain a preferred option over a bad deal.

The EU are not going to give up their 'level playing field' - i.e. restricting the UK. So, no deal is the only option now.
I'm just looking ahead.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Post Brexit and post coronavirus Europe and the world could potentially be much changed places with different priorities.

In light of that I think its fair to say that I have no idea what to expect now and only know that the people of this country's best interests has to be the only priority.

Whether those best interests and Boris Johnson's agenda are in any way similar remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Post Brexit and post coronavirus Europe and the world could potentially be much changed places with different priorities.

In light of that I think its fair to say that I have no idea what to expect now and only know that the people of this country's best interests has to be the only priority.

Whether those best interests and Boris Johnson's agenda are in any way similar remains to be seen.

All the BS about economic armageddon pales into total insignificance. A lot of fuss about nothing!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
No surprise here....

IMF head calls for Brexit trade talk extension

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Do you think they might use the Coronavirus outbreak as an excuse to postpone Brexit until a later date?

Depending on how bad the economy slips I think there is a real chance they delay it for a few years and thus opening up the real prospect of another referendum.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Do you think they might use the Coronavirus outbreak as an excuse to postpone Brexit until a later date?

Depending on how bad the economy slips I think there is a real chance they delay it for a few years and thus opening up the real prospect of another referendum.

That will be one of the drivers behind the Chinese Virus in the first place, so no doubt it will come up in the next couple of months.

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join