It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I'm one of those who voted to Remain who would join you in tbe streets if we don't leave. I think leaving is a HUGE mistake but it was democratically voted for, if this is the nail in the coffin of Democracy in the UK then we can't stand for it.

And we may have voted differently but please don't give up voting. I said the same after the Scottish Referendum but friends convinced me that even though I always vote against the majority my vote is worth the same as anyone else's, even Darth May's....

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
How is it possible to REMAIN when we voted to LEAVE

Are the UK going to be put on show as beaten cowering dogs

Wheres your spirit UK

Wheres your *Get up and go*

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

GOOD QUESTION! IT SHOULD NOT BE. DEAL OR NO DEAL! BUT ONCE AGAIN THE FEW RULE AND DETERMINE EVERYTHING OVER THE MANY AND WHAT THEY CALL DEMOCRACY IS REALLY CONOCRACY!!!

IF WE ACCEPT THE DEAL THEN WE WILL BE ON THE 2ND TIER AND THEREFORE BE THROWN THE SCRAPS! A CAGED SEMI MEMBER! HALF IN - HALF OUT SO WORSE OFF THAN WHEN IN!

Wheres your spirit UK
WE WILL HAVE TO SEE IF THE AWOKEN LION HAS GONE BACK TO SLEEP OR IS PATIENTLY WAITING TO POUNCE WHEN PARLIAMENT SAYS WE WILL REMAIN!!

Wheres your *Get up and go* LETS SEE IF THERE IS STILL SOME THERE. I WOULD BE SHOCKED IF THE PEOPLE ACCEPTED REMAIN AND DID NOT DEMAND THEIR DEMOCRATIC RIGHT AND THEIR BREXIT!

commented in UPPER CASE
edit on 7-12-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Because the government we have couldn't organise an exit from the EU if the people voted for it

Don't know about beaten, cowering dogs, that's kinda harsh, we're hardly cowering in a corner.

Wheres your spirit UK

Spirit is about all we have left.

Wheres your *Get up and go*

It got up and went.

Actually it didn't, it's too busy watching X-Factor, I'm a celebrity, Made in Chelsea and the Karsashians to come out and play...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Lol, a 'Made in Chelsea' reality 'star' lives next door to me, hates me because I haven't painted my house for 5 years or so, stuck up twat acts like the world should worship them.
I just laugh you ain't all that, you live next to a scummy plasterer lol

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ha ha i hope you give him a hard time for being in a $hite show
edit on 7/12/18 by djz3ro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Lol I just scowl usually!
Proper msm famous though in the tabloids most days...just a neighbour to me, and I have a better sea view from my living room, I was on the team converted their apartment lol, the hall drops 3 inches end to end, wasn't my # up though, someone else's.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hooray to that! But shouldn't the BREXITEER's n ow bring out the people to the streets to demand their BREXIT and prevent parliament from voting a REMAIN!

May warned she could be forced out if she pursues rejected Brexit deal

www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Brilliant, I hope he sits there staring at it at night wondering if it really is squint ha ha

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Quite a claim!!

Just two constituencies back the PM's Brexit plan - and 600 want to stay in the EU: poll

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Brexit donors: *Theresa May's deal is worse than staying in the EU*

What were Theresa May's words??? as I recall *NO deal is better that a bad deal*

With her own MP's and The donors to Brexit saying that her deal is WORSE than

staying in.

WHY is she not implementing her own words *NO DEAL*

Donors say the Leave victory has been "squandered" by "cowards" as they vow to bankroll a Brexit political party.

Three of the biggest donors to the Leave campaign have told Sky News that they are dismayed by the progress of Brexit and that it would be better for Britain to remain in the European Union than sign up to Theresa May's withdrawal agreement.

The trio, who offered more than £5m in donations for the Leave campaign, each offered scathing criticism of the political process and insisted that Brexit had been "hampered", "squandered" or "obstructed".

Billionaire financier Peter Hargreaves said there would be "no Brexit" because politicians "are cowards".
Investment manager Jeremy Hosking, a major shareholder in Crystal Palace football club, said Mrs May's deal would put the UK "in a straitjacket".

Stuart Wheeler, founder of spreadbetting giant IG Index, said the UK had been reduced to "subservient begging".
Mr Hargreaves, who was behind the biggest personal donation to the Leave campaign, told Sky News that he thinks Brexit will not happen because politicians are "completely out of touch" with the will of the people.

Video

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just heard on Sky news this morning that Dominic Raab saying that TM could have got a better deal if she had been much firmer with the EU. The Italian PM says that if the deal is rejected in parliament that the UK can renegotiate with the EU which kinda proves that TM could have got a better deal.

I guess its a case of hurt the UK hurt ourselves so of the EU will go further than TM says.

So following the vote she will go back to the EU I would assume.

Brexit latest: Theresa May still gearing up for crucial Commons vote despite reports, No 10 confirm

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Brexit donors: *Theresa May's deal is worse than staying in the EU*

What were Theresa May's words??? as I recall *NO deal is better that a bad deal*

With her own MP's and The donors to Brexit saying that her deal is WORSE than

staying in.

WHY is she not implementing her own words *NO DEAL*

Donors say the Leave victory has been "squandered" by "cowards" as they vow to bankroll a Brexit political party.

Three of the biggest donors to the Leave campaign have told Sky News that they are dismayed by the progress of Brexit and that it would be better for Britain to remain in the European Union than sign up to Theresa May's withdrawal agreement.

The trio, who offered more than £5m in donations for the Leave campaign, each offered scathing criticism of the political process and insisted that Brexit had been "hampered", "squandered" or "obstructed".

Billionaire financier Peter Hargreaves said there would be "no Brexit" because politicians "are cowards".
Investment manager Jeremy Hosking, a major shareholder in Crystal Palace football club, said Mrs May's deal would put the UK "in a straitjacket".

Stuart Wheeler, founder of spreadbetting giant IG Index, said the UK had been reduced to "subservient begging".
Mr Hargreaves, who was behind the biggest personal donation to the Leave campaign, told Sky News that he thinks Brexit will not happen because politicians are "completely out of touch" with the will of the people.

Video

news.sky.com...

Agree. So its either a better deal or Remain. We should now say to the EU, give us a better deal or we No Deal BREXIT and then we will get the good deal we should have in the first place. Now we will end up with a halfway deal!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Agree. So its either a better deal or Remain. We should now say to the EU, give us a better deal or we No Deal BREXIT and then we will get the good deal we should have in the first place. Now we will end up with a halfway deal!

There will only ever be one satisfactory result and that is to LEAVE not deal.

Other countries are looking to us to show them the way, lets not disappoint

them.
The EU is 'whistling in the dark.'

Look at France!! Macron got in on a wave of popularity (as did Tony Blair in the UK)

And look whats happening in France now .......Merkle's all but gone......

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

There will only ever be one satisfactory result and that is to LEAVE not deal.

Other countries are looking to us to show them the way, lets not disappoint

them.
The EU is 'whistling in the dark.'

Look at France!! Macron got in on a wave of popularity (as did Tony Blair in the UK)

And look whats happening in France now .......Merkle's all but gone......

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

I agree we should leave with no deal but that is so unlikely now!!!
Yes Italy and France are a problem for the EU in the next 5 years.
If Parliament try to enforce a remain it will then be up to the people to come out and demand a BREXIT.

I have a sneaky feeling (because BREXITISM is quite at the moment that those who funded the BREXIT campaign
may be planning and funding a mass scale protest if Parliament does try to impose Remain. Name but one of them Hargreaves who put in 3.2m to the BREXIT campaign and he is richer than TRUMP and pissed at what is happening, so we will have to wait and see.

But I suspect that the EU will go along with improvements to the deal and remove the backstop thus TM may get it through on a 2nd vote. So we will have a semi-BREXIT which is in effect a FAKEXIT and Conocracy will have triumphed over Democracy!.

The EU in the long term is doomed because others will follow: Italy & France!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
As expected and perfect timing! This alone should be enough for the people of the UK to tell the EU to f.ck off and we leave without a deal.

EU's top court rules UK can revoke Article 50 and halt Brexit

www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Just to play devils advocate, the leave side won with a 2% margin. Now people know what leave entails, the remain side have an 11% margin - over 5 times as large as the leave margin ever was. So it could be easily argued that not having another Brexit vote would be of far larger damage to democracy than honouring the original leave vote.

That said, im bored with the whole carry on.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just what I expected from Rotty!! That aside, The EU have indicated they will make some concessions because they fear a no deal BREXIT! So the back stop will go and probably talks on the irish border will be delayed till the trade deal discussions as suggested by Boris. Then the still bad deal will get voted through and we will have a half BREXIT (FAKEXIT) to appease the remainers/fear mongering liars/corporates/elite. An UK in an EU cage!! Shameful

Brexit: Nicola Sturgeon says vote delay is 'pathetic cowardice'

www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
One simple reason for the below is that the majority of people in the UK now have less of everything and immigration has added to the burdens on everything. Industries have declined and being in the EU has exacerbated the impact. Our fishing industry decimated. Our schools now places. Our NHS queues grow. Housing is less available and jobs are low paid. And we have food banks and millions on zero hour contracts. And rules from the EU have all impacted on all of this!

Brexit? This country’s divides run far deeper than that

www.msn.com...
edit on 10-12-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
TM now seeks assurances from the EU to appease those who are not happy with the Backstop. The problem is assurances are not legally binding and people change their minds and their jobs so assurances mean very little. Even if she gets some assurances their is still enough in the deal o warrant it being voted down! Not to mention paying 39bn without any agreement on trade!

It is my view that the deal will be voted down and there will be a Tory leadership challenge from DR, BJ, AR etc etc.

Then depending on who wins will determine whether we leave with a deal or not!

Theresa May to hold crisis talks with Angela Merkel as she battles to gain support for her Brexit deal

www.msn.com... 9?li=BBoPWjQ

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join