It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Government given two weeks to respond to Brexit legal challenge

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nigel is correct and has clearly seen my previous email to him about a FAKEXIT deal.......

This is my latest to him after see the below

"Why don’t you refer to the Chequer's Plan as The FAKEXIT Plan because its certainly no BREXIT plan and you are right they are defrauding the British electorate of their democratic BREXIT wish and attempting to condemn the UK to remain subject to EU rules. How on earth can one not be part or member of an organisation yet still subject to its rules! Ludicrous!"

Nigel Farage vows return to front line politics to attack Theresa May's 'fraudulent' Chequers plan

www.msn.com... oPWjQ
edit on 18-8-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

"Why don’t you refer to the Chequer's Plan as The FAKEXIT Plan because its certainly no BREXIT plan and you are right they are defrauding the British electorate of their democratic BREXIT wish and attempting to condemn the UK to remain subject to EU rules. How on earth can one not be part or member of an organisation yet still subject to its rules! Ludicrous!"

Nigel Farage vows return to front line politics to attack Theresa May's 'fraudulent' Chequers plan

He'd better make it real soon ..... time it running out!!

In an article for the Daily Telegraph he argues that MPs and Remain-supporting sections of the media are creating the impression that ‘Leave voters did not know what they were voting for’.
Their implication, he argues, is that ‘Brexiteers are stupid’.

Beware of underestimating the intelligence of Brexiteers those that betray them

will find out their resolve at the next ballot box!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

He'd better make it real soon ..... time it running out!!

In an article for the Daily Telegraph he argues that MPs and Remain-supporting sections of the media are creating the impression that ‘Leave voters did not know what they were voting for’.
Their implication, he argues, is that ‘Brexiteers are stupid’.

Beware of underestimating the intelligence of Brexiteers those that betray them

will find out their resolve at the next ballot box!

S for Stupid or S for Smart. Like I have said already it can only be the stupidest people who think one can be on the outside of an organisation or EU club yet still be subject to its rules. Its is like saying a child who attends one school can be subject to the rules of another. Pathetic!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Superdry co-founder Julian Dunkerton has donated £1million to the 'People's Vote campaign' who are campaigning for a second referendum. He said he believes SuperDry would never have become the global success that it did if Brexit had happened 20 years earlier.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I have never bought any SuperDry products before but I'll definitely not be buying any now that's for sure! I hope more people start boycotting these big companies who are trying to keep us in the EU.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I thought I would have a look which companies are either for or against Brexit and from what I've seen there are more Pro-Brexit companies than Anti-Brexit.

Pro-Brexit...
JD Wetherspoon
Reebok
Phones4U
Patisserie Valerie
JML
Argent Group Foyles
Noved
Numis Securities
C Hoare & Co
Odey Asset Management
Lord Kalms (Dixons Retail)
Dyson
JCB
Tate & Lyle
Butlins
Next
Pizza Express

Anti-Brexit...
Unilever
EasyJet
Ryanair
Ann Summers
HSBC
BP
Credit Suisse
BT
Vodafone
Airbus
AstraZeneca
BAE Systems

Source
(beware it's a pro-EU site)
edit on 83021bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 19 Aug 2018 05:21:08 -05003118 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
No respect for the British people and the electorate that voted LEAVE not FAKEXIT!!! Shoot the B.stard!

Superdry co-founder gives £1m to referendum campaign

www.msn.com...£1m-to-referendum-campaign/ar-BBM6nPy?ocid=spartandhp

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

No respect for the British people and the electorate that voted LEAVE not FAKEXIT!!! Shoot the B.stard!

We don't shoot people for wasting their own money in this country , Brexit is a thing , the decision was made and Brexit won't be reversed.

7 months to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
I thought I would have a look which companies are either for or against Brexit and from what I've seen there are more Pro-Brexit companies than Anti-Brexit.

Pro-Brexit...
JD Wetherspoon
Reebok
Phones4U
Patisserie Valerie
JML
Argent Group Foyles
Noved
Numis Securities
C Hoare & Co
Odey Asset Management
Dyson
JCB
Tate & Lyle
Butlins
Next
Pizza Express

Anti-Brexit...
Unilever
EasyJet
Ryanair
Ann Summers
HSBC
BP
Credit Suisse
BT
Vodafone
Airbus
AstraZeneca
BAE Systems

Source
(beware it's a pro-EU site)
That is correct yet the picture being painted is no Van Gogh and certainly a fake!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Brexit: First 'no-deal' technical notices to be published on Thursday, says Downing Street

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

We don't shoot people for wasting their own money in this country , Brexit is a thing , the decision was made and Brexit won't be reversed.

7 months to go.
I wasn't suggesting shoot him for wasting his money but for having so much disrespect for his countryman's democratic wish!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Pro-Brexit...
JD Wetherspoon
Reebok
Phones4U
Patisserie Valerie
JML
Argent Group Foyles
Noved
Numis Securities
C Hoare & Co
Odey Asset Management
Dyson
JCB
Tate & Lyle
Butlins
Next
Pizza Express

Anti-Brexit...
Unilever
EasyJet
Ryanair
Ann Summers
HSBC
BP
Credit Suisse
BT
Vodafone
Airbus
AstraZeneca
BAE Systems

How could you have missed out on?

Just don't get Brexiteer Peter Hargreaves started on useless civil servants, 'buffoon' Boris, or tax-avoiding tycoons.
Hargreaves, 71, is the baker’s son from Clitheroe in Lancashire who went on to amass a personal fortune of £3.2 billion from his financial services company, Hargreaves Lansdown. He is one of the richest men in the UK.

A shareholder but no longer a director or employee of Hargreaves Lansdown, he has just been given a dividend of £60 million from the company he founded in his spare room with partner Stephen Lansdown 37 years ago.

He is furious.‘What are the Government doing?’ he cries.

In recent years he has become the Leave campaign’s biggest individual donor, having given £3.2 million to the Brexit cause.

This month he hit the headlines for stating that if a successful businessman such as him were in charge of Brexit negotiations, things would be very different.

‘I guarantee my entire wealth that we would get free trade,’ he said, exasperated by the lack of progress and the fact that talks have been left in the hands of civil servants who ‘don’t have a clue’ and ‘haven’t made a deal in their lives’.

These people have gone from academia into politics and done nothing of value. How can they have any comprehension of how to run anything?’ he says.

‘But the best option is no deal. That would give us free trade with Europe because the three biggest economies in Europe, outside Britain, are huge exporters to the UK.

‘That’s Germany, France and Italy. And those three economies would absolutely demand free trade from the EU. We just should have said to the EU, we’re gone, goodbye.’Like many Brexiteers, he loathes the Remainer arrogance prevalent in the Westminster bubble.

‘They think Brexit is a bad idea and that they know better than the populace. But the average person who works in the Nissan car factory in Sunderland is smarter than any MP in the House of Commons.
‘He or she knows how many beans make five. They are smart people, even if they didn’t go to Oxford and Cambridge, Eton and Harrow and all these places. They manage their affairs well and have more understanding of what’s going on in this country than any MP. With one exception........My local MP, Jacob Rees-Mogg. At least he ran a successful business.’ The two men occasionally have a steak-pie lunch together in a nearby pub — Hargreaves in his country casuals, the member for North East Somerset in his three-piece suit. Always. ‘Even if it’s the weekend,’ says Hargreaves, admiringly.

Very few people have created a FTSE 100 company from scratch, without borrowing or acquisition.

Hargreaves Lansdown is the 46th most valuable quoted company in the UK, capitalised at more than Marks & Spencer, Centrica, easyJet, ITV, Sainsbury’s and many other household names. The Bristol-based company is worth billions of pounds and has an enviable reputation in the financial world, where it has achieved the unimaginable — success without scandal. Indeed, Hargreaves pays more tax than almost anyone else in the country. ‘I pay all my UK taxes and there aren’t very many very rich people who do that.’

Why?

‘Because it is an enormous amount of money! But I think if a country has given you the opportunity to be successful and if the tax rates are fair and reasonable, then you should pay the taxes.’

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now there's someone who knows what they are talking about.

edit on 20-8-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Yeah it's not a complete list and got most from that left wing website I sourced.

I was just highlighting that it's not really true that the majority of companies are pro-EU, which the msm would like you to believe. Also it's a useful list of which companies to support or which to boycott.

A lot of products are owned by Unilever nowadays so when I go shopping I always look at the labels.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nicely spelt out! Good for him. Well done

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is more NHS scaremongering. It will be in general business as usual because otherwise it hurts both sides!

Warning of drug shortages after no deal Brexit

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
More doom and gloom. Its the end of the UK BS!

What’s the deal for your personal finances if there’s a no-deal Brexit?

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Of course we bloody hell can, we are only leaving a dodgy club!

Can Britain Deal With ‘No Deal’?

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why a no deal Brexit is becoming more likely as the UK heads to Brussels for crunch talks

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And guess what.......no surprises there then!

Chancellor forced to re-draft plans for a no-deal Brexit as ministers claimed they resembled 'Project Fear'

www.msn.com... c75X?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here's hoping not! Don't want a FAKEXIT! No Deal much better!!!

'Continuous' talks in bid for Brexit breakthrough

www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join