It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Your optimism is astounding. But you are so wrong.

Really!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
PM sees off Tory rebellion to scrape through Brexit vote

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If that vote had passed yesterday, then that would have meant in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit with the EU, then we would have been legally bound to stay in the customs union!

Well done to Kate Hoey, Frank Field and Graham Stringer (all labour MP's) who voted with the Tories to stop this attempted watering down of Brexit.

I'm starting to think that the only way we're ever going to get a proper Brexit is if the Tories have a leadership challenge, change their leader to a Brexiteer, and dare I say it, possibly have another general election!

I don't think another referendum would be possible or is even desired, except among stupid MP's like Justine Greening and extreme remainers.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
If that vote had passed yesterday, then that would have meant in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit with the EU, then we would have been legally bound to stay in the customs union!

Well done to Kate Hoey, Frank Field and Graham Stringer (all labour MP's) who voted with the Tories to stop this attempted watering down of Brexit.

I'm starting to think that the only way we're ever going to get a proper Brexit is if the Tories have a leadership challenge, change their leader to a Brexiteer, and dare I say it, possibly have another general election!

I don't think another referendum would be possible or is even desired, except among stupid MP's like Justine Greening and extreme remainers.

Just had a thought ...... Theresa May could do worse than invite Nigel Farrage

to head Brexit and do the negotiations It would take the heat of her, he is

well versed in dealing with the Eurocrats (I think they are a little in awe of him)

In the latest polls Ukip is resurging and it would save us from a general election

and labour government and a Corbyn Prime Minister.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 83LibertyAgree. Down to Boris and Co now, I guess! And a peoples protest!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There is hope yet.......................................................

Johnson speech threat to May leadership

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

As much of a good idea that is, it would never happen, as the Tories and most of the political class despises Nigel Farage.
He has said many times he would love to get involved if there is anything he could do to help with the Brexit negotiations but he has had no response at all.

When he met Donald Trump a few days after he won the POTUS, the Tories didn't ask for a debrief.
The Donald even suggested Nigel Farage should be British ambassador to the United States but the Tories put their hatred for Farage over the national interest.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Nice find. Fingers crossed he goes for it!
I'm not sure he is right to be PM though as he is too marmite and has a lot of buffoonish moments.

edit on 83008bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 18 Jul 2018 03:08:59 -05003118 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
a reply to: eletheia

As much of a good idea that is, it would never happen, as the Tories and most of the political class despises Nigel Farage.
He has said many times he would love to get involved if there is anything he could do to help with the Brexit negotiations but he has had no response at all.

When he met Donald Trump a few days after he won the POTUS, the Tories didn't ask for a debrief.
The Donald even suggested Nigel Farage should be British ambassador to the United States but the Tories put their hatred for Farage over the national interest.

Well much as they despise him ...... He could be the saviour of their bacon!!!

Their choice, currently they are between a rock and a hard place.

ETA.... Intend watching PM's Question Time to see the roasting

edit on 18-7-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Boris Johnson says 'it is not too late to save Brexit' in stinging resignation speech attacking Theresa May's 'dithering'

www.msn.com... hering/ar-AAAfDB3?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
More EU BS!

EU states told to step up 'no deal' Brexit preparations

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that France, Germany and

Italy will experience the biggest economic slowdown of ALL major economies

over the next two years.

In a series of shock downgrades the IMF warned that their economic growth would

shrink by 0.3% this year, Italy and France would see their growth fall even further

in 2019.

John Longworth who was director general of the *British Chambers of Commerce*

till he was ousted for supporting Brexit said.....The downgrades show the European

economic zone is not healthy it is a protectionist area , it doesnt stimulate

growth.

The fact that the EU is not performing well and the eurozone is teetering on the

brink of bankruptcy says that we should concentrate our efforts on forming

relation-ships with the rest of the world - where 90% of growth is going to

come from.

When free of EU regulations we can do free trade deals with the US, Australia,

New Zealand and Canada.

It only remains to ask ....WHY are we waiting

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 19-7-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that France, Germany and

Italy will experience the biggest economic slowdown of ALL major economies

over the next two years.

In a series of shock downgrades the IMF warned that their economic growth would

shrink by 0.3% this year, Italy and France would see their growth fall even further

in 2019.

John Longworth who was director general of the *British Chambers of Commerce*

till he was ousted for supporting Brexit said.....The downgrades show the European

economic zone is not healthy it is a protectionist area , it doesnt stimulate

growth.

The fact that the EU is not performing well and the eurozone is teetering on the

brink of bankruptcy says that we should concentrate our efforts on forming

relation-ships with the rest of the world - where 90% of growth is going to

come from.

When free of EU regulations we can do free trade deals with the US, Australia,

New Zealand and Canada.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This does not surprise me one bit. I have said for a long time that the EU is not in good order and that the in-balance in state members makes it practically impossible to generate long term growth across the member state nations!

The future development of the UK's economic growth is dependent on the growth in trade outside of the EU.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Probably because the political establishment don't want us to leave the EU as it goes against their plans for globalisation and an eventual one-World government.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Theresa May: I will never accept EU's ideas on Irish Brexit border

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
John Petley
Sent: 20 July 2018 14:34
To: T
Subject: Re: BREXIT is now officially named FAKEXIT

Dear T,
You don't need to have anyfgreat understanding of the workings of economics to see that Italy is in a real mess. In real terms, there has been no growth in almost 20 years. The Euro is a disaster for the country.
I fully agree that we need something better than Mrs May's plan to try and keep us a close to the EU as possible. yes, we need to trade and cooperate on security and military issues, but her model is wrong in so many ways.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
From anxiety to Zuckerberg: an A-Z of Brexit

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
More from John Petley

I also agree with you aout the long-term unsustainability of the Euro. What is a concern is that, like everything connected with the European project, it was designed to be a one-way street. This makes a smooth exit very difficult. One reason why I am keen for us to leave is that we have actually signed up to stages 1 and 2 of EMU although not stage 3 (the Euro) and therefore have liabilities to the ECB. I believe that we would lose these on leaving the EU. I don't think Iexit will happen in the short term, but there is no doubt that the success (to a degree) of the ECB's QE programme and the failure of Geert Wilders of Marine le Pen to achieve the breakthrough they desired last year have been the last happy moments for the EU. The North-South and East-West divides are not getting any smaller. My other non-CIB work involves economics and I have just been sent a study on the optimality of the Eurozone which has shown that in 2017, the economies have started to diverge again after a period of convergence. The Target-2 imbalances are getting greater and if the new Italian government tries to bring in a budget which breaks Eurozone spending rules, the ECB could reply by cutting the funding lifeline for Italian banks, which are the main buyers of Italian government debt. If the new government in Rome doesn't back down, life could get very interesting,

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Brexit: EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier takes apart Theresa May’s Chequers white paper plan

www.msn.com... ?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The people and those championing the democratic wish of the people have been betrayed and in my view this is nothing short of TREASON that we now have a FAKEXIT which is not what the referendum decided on!

The week the Brexiters lost control of Brexit

www.msn.com...

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join