It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nigel Farage Selectively Quotes Article 50 With 'Dishonest' Claim About Divorce Bill

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is to be expected and deliberate. F.ck them!

Banks and companies plan expansion in Frankfurt after Brexit

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Being a massive Farage fan, I'm a little disappointed he has tried to spin this or maybe some advisor misinformed him. Either way, Farage being Mr Brexit, he should have known this.

However, he was quoting from the EU's own brief of Article 50 so not completely fake news.
This is the whole paragraph...

Consequences of a withdrawal and possible content of a withdrawal agreement
Under Article 50(3) TEU, the legal consequence of a withdrawal from the EU is the end of the application of the Treaties and the Protocols thereto in the state concerned from that point on. EU law ceases to apply in the state concerned, although any national acts adopted in implementation or transposition of EU law would remain valid until the national authorities decide to amend or repeal them. A withdrawal agreement would need to address the phasing - out of EU financial programmes and other EU norms. Experts agree that, in order to replace EU law, specifically in any field of exclusive EU competence, the withdrawing state would need to enact substantial new legislation and that, in any case, a complete isolation of the withdrawing state from the effects of the EU acquis would be impossible if there were to be a future relationship between the former Member State and the EU. The rights and obligations deriving from the Treaties would therefore extinguish, at least to the extent agreed between the EU and the withdrawing state . In addition, agreements between the EU and third countries or international organisations, for example on trade, would also cease to apply to the withdrawing state, and it would thus need to negotiate alternative arrangements

EU's Article 50 brief

edit on 83010bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 22 Jul 2017 11:10:44 -05003117 by 83Liberty because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Being a massive Farage fan, I'm a little disappointed he has tried to spin this or maybe some advisor misinformed him. Either way, Farage being Mr Brexit, he should have known this.

While Teresa May has been holding out the olive branch to others for their inputs

she could have done no worse than invited Farage to head the Brexit campaign ...

after all there would have not been a Brexit without his years of persistance.

It appears she missed that chance which I think would have given her more

credence and support.

The following is from an article I read, I have edited it, it is what I believe, but put

more succinctly than I could have

There is a perceived wisdom among diehard remainers that the EU has the
upper hand in the negotiations regarding Britains exit from the EU.
According to this theory David Davis has been reduced to a position of almost kissing
the boots of his opposite number Micheal Barnier, begging him for whatever access to
European markets he might be kind enough to grant us and imploring him to let us off
with just a fraction of our 100 billion euro bill for leaving the EU.

just how big a nonsense this is has become clear with the publication of the
minitues from a meeting in Brussels last week between Barnier and the House of Lords
EU select committee. His demand for Britain to pay a bill for a privilege of leaving the
EU is delivered not from a position of strength but from one of desperation. He is
fearful that the EU will break up when deprived of its second largest net
financial contributor

Just think of all those poor farmers in France who without UK cash might be deprived
of their EU handouts for overgrown pastures and vineyards .... some of them might
actually start having to produce some food for a living rather than doing as they do now,
simply pocketing money for owning the land itself.

For decades Britain has been paying more than its fair share. Of the 28 EU nations
Britain is the second highest of only eight nett contributors. Germany contributes a
higher set sum .... but then it has a higher population
As for EU spending Britain receives less per head than any other EU
member at 107 euros per person per year it is a fraction of the 2,293 euros per head
spent on the citizens of Luxembourg. I dare say we would manage just fine without
those payments.
Not least the £900,000 in agricultural subsidies received in the 10 years leading up to
2011 by Lord Heseltine the Europhile conservative who owns 1,200 acres
in Oxfordshire. (Its little wonder he is a remainer)

In 2016 we exported £241 billion worth of goods and services to other EU countries
and imported £312 billion worth from the EU giving us a trade deficit of £71 billion.
With the rest of the world by the way we ran a £34 billion surplus.

My guess is it wont be much longer before there is a serious backlash against Barnier
and his team from else where in the EU. I wouldnt rate his chances of remaining in his
job as chief negotiator all the way to the end of the Brexit process.

Micheal Barnier has revealed his fears that Britains departure could cause political
chaos within the EU. Maybe it will not even survive Brexit. I am rapidly coming to the
conclusion that would be no bad thing!

edit on 22-7-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: 83Liberty

While Teresa May has been holding out the olive branch to others for their inputs

she could have done no worse than invited Farage to head the Brexit campaign ...

after all there would have not been a Brexit without his years of persistance.

It appears she missed that chance which I think would have given her more

credence and support.

The following is from an article I read, I have edited it, it is what I believe, but put

more succinctly than I could have

There is a perceived wisdom among diehard remainers that the EU has the
upper hand in the negotiations regarding Britains exit from the EU.
According to this theory David Davis has been reduced to a position of almost kissing
the boots of his opposite number Micheal Barnier, begging him for whatever access to
European markets he might be kind enough to grant us and imploring him to let us off
with just a fraction of our 100 billion euro bill for leaving the EU.

just how big a nonsense this is has become clear with the publication of the
minitues from a meeting in Brussels last week between Barnier and the House of Lords
EU select committee. His demand for Britain to pay a bill for a privilege of leaving the
EU is delivered not from a position of strength but from one of desperation. He is
fearful that the EU will break up when deprived of its second largest net
financial contributor

Just think of all those poor farmers in France who without UK cash might be deprived
of their EU handouts for overgrown pastures and vineyards .... some of them might
actually start having to produce some food for a living rather than doing as they do now,
simply pocketing money for owning the land itself.

For decades Britain has been paying more than its fair share. Of the 28 EU nations
Britain is the second highest of only eight nett contributors. Germany contributes a
higher set sum .... but then it has a higher population
As for EU spending Britain receives less per head than any other EU
member at 107 euros per person per year it is a fraction of the 2,293 euros per head
spent on the citizens of Luxembourg. I dare say we would manage just fine without
those payments.
Not least the £900,000 in agricultural subsidies received in the 10 years leading up to
2011 by Lord Heseltine the Europhile conservative who owns 1,200 acres
in Oxfordshire. (Its little wonder he is a remainer)

In 2016 we exported £241 billion worth of goods and services to other EU countries
and imported £312 billion worth from the EU giving us a trade deficit of £71 billion.
With the rest of the world by the way we ran a £34 billion surplus.

My guess is it wont be much longer before there is a serious backlash against Barnier
and his team from else where in the EU. I wouldnt rate his chances of remaining in his
job as chief negotiator all the way to the end of the Brexit process.

Micheal Barnier has revealed his fears that Britains departure could cause political
chaos within the EU. Maybe it will not even survive Brexit. I am rapidly coming to the
conclusion that would be no bad thing!

I tend to agree with the above also and do think that the EU's long term survival is in question. And its expiry date is slowly but surely approaching!

The next 6-12 months are going to be very interesting to see how the BREXIT process impacts the EU and its members mindsets. Starting with the French. Macron might be a staunch eurofile but the French people will soon turn on him if the UK's BREXIT starts to impact them.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting......

Brexit Is Already Hurting The German Economy, Warns Country's Top Business Group

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
As if negotiations aren't already difficult. Who needs the home team helping the EU Cabal/Mob

Tensions flare in cabinet over post-Brexit free movement

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
*Brussels bullies* are trying very hard to flood Europe with millions of migrants from North Africa and the Middle East, but some countries have the courage to stand up and say NO!

Now Eurocrats are threatening Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic for

daring to put their own people first.

How dare they They keep saying they are a *union* but they

are more like a dictatorship

www.westmonster.com...
edit on 31-7-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

*Brussels bullies* are trying very hard to flood Europe with millions of migrants from North Africa and the Middle East, but some countries have the courage to stand up and say NO!

Now Eurocrats are threatening Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic for

daring to put their own people first.

How dare they They keep saying they are a *union* but they

are more like a dictatorship

www.westmonster.com...
I agree. After all there are no elected by the people leaders and law makers in the EU commission dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Civil war on the horizon..........

A second Brexit referendum? It’s looking more likely by the day

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
He wants his arse covered....

UK should be better prepared for no deal on Brexit, says ex-Bank governor

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Tosh.......Now they are almost dragging support from the grave. Despo!

Brexit: Second referendum now nearly impossible as UK risks 'economic suicide', warns former EU chief

www.msn.com... BoPWjQ

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Goodbye I would say

Anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller scared to leave her home after 'acid attack threats'

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Why would we want a back door

Brexit: UK will not seek to remain in the EU 'by the back door', pledge Fox and Hammond in show of Tory unity

www.msn.com... 0IE?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wondered when DM would come out of the woodwork and try and take advantage of the BREXIT situation

David Miliband calls for second EU referendum and praises 'valiant' Philip Hammond

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And what a soap it is already

Nigel Farage’s Brexit campaign to be turned into £60m TV series

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
David Davis's Customs Union Plan Is 'Fantasy', Says European Parliament's Brexit Spokesman

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Goodbye I would say

Anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller scared to leave her home after 'acid attack threats'

www.msn.com...

She should leave.
edit on 16/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Goodbye I would say

www.msn.com...

She should leave.
She should be put on trial first as a traitor!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Who's he kidding.........pratt

'Brexit may not happen' says Sir Vince Cable amid claims talks could be pushed back until December

www.msn.com... oPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join