It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker7
So...yesterday David categorically ruled out a second Referendum. He and HIS Cabinet are in full agreement.
BUT!....

Possible way for them to reverse the Exit decision? This and still save credibility with the Electorate?

⦁ Cameron continues steering the Exit course
⦁ New P.M. negotiates Exit deal that both sides will be happy with
⦁ Under the extraordinary circumstance of the Referendum result the 2020/19 General Election is brought forward.
⦁ Campaigning sides advocate a new Referendum based on the outcome of E.U. negotiations
⦁ All hint at possible reunification with E.U. whilst holding onto the newly negotiated position- Exit is happy, they got their reforms; Remain are happy because new probable deals could present themselves. A theoretical win-win situation
⦁ No one sees the ploy; over the following years a slowly chipping and reshaping of said positions back to a way that is more palatable to E.U.

An offer of a Second Referendum, tabled by a party at the next Election. Perfectly legal and a behind-closed-doors offer to the E.U. to quell anti-British sentiment.

Maybe?
I very much doubt that will ever happen. The dye has been cast. The home of democracy has spoken and it will and well and truly be honoured. It is interesting to hear Dodgy Dave now speaking more optimistically about the future and our options which we can now exploit to the full from outside the EU club which has and will fail! They have had over 40 years to get it right and refine a democratic model that would work and it hasn't happened and never will. Like any elitist non elected body it will eventually realise its ultimate demise.

Face the future that has been presented democratically to the UK by and for its peoples! Do not dwell in the well of the doom and gloom of the minority and the past but embrace our future/s.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You are absolutely right in all you said. Time to face what is to come will cheeriness and optimism and let go of the negative speculation; and yes, the E.U. will topple eventually. I just wonder about the state of the economies of the nations within when it does- bled dry and heavily in debt no doubt!

Mentioning the 40 years, on that I hope D.D. or his successor, if the E.U. decide to stall, can get them to allow us free, or concessionary-priced, access to the Single Market. The E.E.C. worked for all- Free (maybe not this time as I say, but at least very low costing) European Trade but without the political control. It's in everyone's interests to still maintain strong, cheap trading relationships.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You are absolutely right in all you said. Time to face what is to come will cheeriness and optimism and let go of the negative speculation; and yes, the E.U. will topple eventually. I just wonder about the state of the economies of the nations within when it does- bled dry and heavily in debt no doubt!

Mentioning the 40 years, on that I hope D.D. or his successor, if the E.U. decide to stall, can get them to allow us free, or concessionary-priced, access to the Single Market. The E.E.C. worked for all- Free (maybe not this time as I say, but at least very low costing) European Trade but without the political control. It's in everyone's interests to still maintain strong, cheap trading relationships.
It is hence it will predominantly be business as usual or EU countries will only hurt themselves and this is another reason we are better on the OUT than IN because this way we don't fall with the EU when it eventually collapses.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

It is hence it will predominantly be business as usual or EU countries will only hurt themselves and this is another reason we are better on the OUT than IN because this way we don't fall with the EU when it eventually collapses.

The delay until later in the year was a clear ploy to buy time to try and figure out a way to stay IN. The Leave decision must have caught the establishment completely by surprise and now they are scrabbling round. Osbourne is all over the place, saying today that we need to accept the costs of the EU if we are to receive the benefits. I have no idea what he meant by that or why he is even talking in terms of EU membership still. In fact, I have no idea how he is still in a job.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The delay until later in the year was a clear ploy to buy time to try and figure out a way to stay IN. The Leave decision must have caught the establishment completely by surprise and now they are scrabbling round. Osbourne is all over the place, saying today that we need to accept the costs of the EU if we are to receive the benefits. I have no idea what he meant by that or why he is even talking in terms of EU membership still. In fact, I have no idea how he is still in a job.
Have no fear comrade. There is no turning back. We are OUT and yes the establishment misread the mood of the people because the lion in British hearts has slept for so long (since Thatcher) but now it has woken and things will never quite be the same. Its a proud moment to be alive and a OUT voter. The IN mob will get used to it and later realise it was a greater good thing we did!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Seeker7

Unfortuately you are looking at the wrong Manifesto. The most recent is the Manifesto for the 2016 Elections to the Scottish Parliament held in May which the SNP won. It states the following:

We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum if there is clear and sustained evidence that independence has become the preferred option of a majority of the Scottish people – or if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will.

edit on b45316456 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Cool, see ya... let's divorce quickly and painlessly, choose the EU over a union with us if that's what you want, I believe in democracy.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wish it were that easy. Westminster keeps making it so difficult.

I think it was about 70% Scots voted to remain in EU
edit on b51316516 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think Sturgeon has a good democratic and legal case for it, and I'd rather she succeed quickly without #ing up the leave from the EU for England and Wales...Northern Ireland, whatever, that's always been a mess in the union, probably good if they formed a union with you guys in the EU?
Wish you the best of luck as well

*Edit*
Saw your edit, no it was 62% voted remain in Scotland with a 67.2% turnout of eligible voters... www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 28.6.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I think Sturgeon has a good democratic and legal case for it, and I'd rather she succeed quickly without #ing up the leave from the EU for England and Wales...Northern Ireland, whatever, that's always been a mess in the union, probably good if they formed a union with you guys in the EU?
Wish you the best of luck as well

*Edit*
Saw your edit, no it was 62% voted remain in Scotland with a 67.2% turnout of eligible voters... www.bbc.co.uk...

Not been around for a while due to real life issues but I believe you owe me a great big "I told you so" after this shambles of an outcome.

I hold you personally responsible if the world burns because of all this and hope you feel simply awful about it.

If it all turns out good then I will deny all arguments and claim to have been in agreement all along however.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Nah, I feel fine about it all... roughly 50,000 leave in my local authority to 30,000 remain, my vote seems insignificant now, and in any case yours cancelled mine out...remember it was a UK wide count.
Bitter much fella?

*Edit*

edit on 28.6.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

Nah, I feel fine about it all... roughly 50,000 leave in my local authority to 30,000 remain, my vote seems insignificant now, and in any case yours cancelled mine out...remember it was a UK wide count.
Bitter much fella?

*Edit*

Not bitter as in the end I chose not to vote, Could not figure for the life of me what to do and then decided that regardless of the in or out that I refused to recognise the authority or laws of the EU regardless so pointless voting anyways.

I have given up on politics now, pointless as still need to go to work, shave, eat and stuff regardless of who thinks they run the place.

# 'em all in my books.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

*Edit*

You are correct, sorry about that. I did see 70% somewhere but that was the percent of young vote.

I Found This and I am wondering how they know who voted what ?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

*Edit*

You are correct, sorry about that. I did see 70% somewhere but that was the percent of young vote.

I Found This and I am wondering how they know who voted what ?

Most likely a survey.

EDIT : It was a survey of 12,369 people
edit on 29/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

The brexit blowback. A much better society?

This is better, I can't see much changing after brexit. It will always be rich vs poor, haves vs have nots, the best thing we can do, is come together as a nation to be a nicer more sensible place for all to live. It's better for everyone. We are all just the same really
edit on 29-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As the BREXIT progresses we will begin to see the real truth and benefits of leaving the EU. Noted that the pound has taken a bit of a hit in the last week but that's more down to Dodgy Dave and his elite masters through gambling large sums on the currency market. And yes some took a hit! But they will be buying the pound over the next few weeks thus will ensure the pounds recovery. I have noted a very slight edging up already which I expect to continue until it recovers to its pre-referendum level.

It is interesting to note that integrity in politics is actually quite thin and its not so thick on ATS either if certain recent posts are anything to go by.

Like I have said all along. Business as usual will prevail because of basic but very important supply change principles will be the order of the day. UK to EU companies and EU to UK companies with stick with their suppliers because its business suicide not to do so. Better the well known devil you know than the unknown new one. Its all about risk and risk is on the side of LEAVE! Be proud, not anul, be grateful your brothers voted OUT and remember to thank them later when it all unravels! Oh and the EU goes tits up, and it will for all the obvious reasons conveyed in various posts in this thread! Peace brothers (lions reborn)!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
www.facebook.com...

The brexit blowback. A much better society?

This is better, I can't see much changing after brexit. It will always be rich vs poor, haves vs have nots, the best thing we can do, is come together as a nation to be a nicer more sensible place for all to live. It's better for everyone. We are all just the same really
What has happened will and has changed the status quo in the UK for the better and forever, time will be my judge! Have faith dear brother we are once again amongst Lionhearts!!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The FTSE 100 is already above pre-Brexit levels!

Let's hope the Pound and FTSE 250 follows suit, it is certainly going in that direction in the past two days.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
As indicated earlier but I couldn't find source.

Scottish leader’s plea to stay in Europe rebuffed in Brussels

www.msn.com...

Outch Scotty Rotty Nicola! Better remain part of something now!
edit on 29-6-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The EU is soon to see its own demise if it attempts to bailout Italy. As already mentioned Germany and France will have to take over the ECB or hyperinflation will swallow the continent.

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join