It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Gawd help them if the best they can do to rebel is vote to be bound in EU red tape for the rest of their lives.

Not quite the bondage of the Punk era.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
double post - sorry.
edit on 24-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: flammadraco
I'm appalled by the remain camp now asking for a second referendum. We now have the remain camp in London suggesting London becomes independent from the rest of the U.K and the London Mayor and SNP leader are now in talks with #ScotLond.

What a load of balony, had the results been in their favour the leave camp would be called sore losers!

I for one am estatic that we finally have left the failing project, and will bet money on the fact the EU project will be dead in the water within 5 years.

All you need to know about European Bureaucracy

Pythagorean Theorem: 24 words.
Lord's prayer: 66 words
Archimedes' Principle: 67 words
10 Commandments: 179 words
Gettysburg address: 286 words
US Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words
US Constitution with all 27 Amendments: 7,818 words

EU regulations on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words

This is all to be expected. The remain supporters currently squealing like children are generally the totally spoiled libtards that are not used to someone actually telling them they can't have their own way. Now they have had to taste defeat and be told they are not getting what they want, they are going into meltdown. Toys are flying through the air. Any and every remote or non existent option will be shouted from the rooftops to reverse their loss so they get their way. It's millions of two year olds demanding sweets and not taking no for an answer. It's actually quite funny to watch.
Not to worry about the sore losers! Any attempts to get a 2nd vote will be futile!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The section of the remain group still whining on and on about 2nd referendums and doom and gloom just highlight the problem in our country. So many people, especially young people, have become so brainwashed by the entitlement culture - me, me me. We've even seen people in London calling for an independent London! It's a joke and these people need to get on with the job of helping build a new and free Britain. The country have decided democratically. That's it. Done. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to special interest groups and the entire entitlement culture that have polluted our country. Change your ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well who would have thunk it

After all of his threats of putting us to the back of the queue (or line) as

they say in America. Obama has changed his tune? could we be *flavour* of

the month?

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LIKE THIS!!....

David Lammy urges Parliament to *stop madness* by ignoring the EU referendum

result. He has called on Parliament to: block Britain's departure from the EU.

Wake Up. We don't have to do this. We can stop this madness and bring this
nightmare to an end through a vote in parliament. Our Sovereign Parliament needs
to now vote on whether we should exit the EU

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Where has he been for the last month
The *PEOPLE* have decided

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

LIKE THIS!!....

David Lammy urges Parliament to *stop madness* by ignoring the EU referendum

result. He has called on Parliament to: block Britain's departure from the EU.

Wake Up. We don't have to do this. We can stop this madness and bring this
nightmare to an end through a vote in parliament. Our Sovereign Parliament needs
to now vote on whether we should exit the EU

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Where has he been for the last month
The *PEOPLE* have decided
And correctly so. If they called a 2nd referendum we would have a civil war. We are a democracy - end of story!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Scotland can veto Brexit

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
Scotland can veto Brexit

They can refuse consent but that is not the same as blocking. I wouldn't go by what that idiot Sturgeon says. She is running around acting like a silly little girl whose boyfriend has dumped her.
edit on 26/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Scotland can veto Brexit

Sorry, folks, but Scotland and Northern Ireland CAN’T block Brexit

The Northern Ireland Secretary has rejected suggestions Stormont or Holyrood could veto Brexit, insisting the parliament in Westminster has the final say.

Theresa Villiers was responding to comments from Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon on the prospect of the Scottish Parliament voting against a legislative consent motion to change the law in Scotland to reflect the referendum result. 77,000 fake signatures removed from second referendum petition In Northern Ireland, the SDLP has been among Remain campaigners claiming that the Stormont Assembly could also vote down such a motion.

Source

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I especially like this clip

Nicola Sturgoen has a plan

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I especially like this clip

Nicola Sturgoen has a plan

As i said, don't listen to that poisonous little dwarf. She is clutching at any straw she can find because she can't accept she is irrelevant.
As for clip you especially like, that's just another fool feigning incredulity at a completely normal position that #10 need to come up with a plan. it's not for the leave campaign to set policy. They are not in power, they just campaigned to leave.
These sore little losers keep popping out of the woodwork to try and spew propaganda to subvert the will of the people of the UK. It won't work.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Lol!!!

She can't just make laws up in Holyrood and expect Westminster to be held by them!!

She's really acting a tad silly at the moment, started by saying she was in talks with the EU and we find out she's spoken to no one. The EU has categorically told Scotland they can't be members of the EU when the UK leaves and even if Scotland do decide to become independent, she would have to apply just like every other new member state.

She's talking a load of baloney, she should at least have a plan and spoken with folk before having press releases and then shot down by the EU and Northern Ireland.

England is Scotland's biggest trade partner and that's 4 times more trade with England than the whole of the EU combined. Only the uneducated will vote to leave the union. IMHO, An independent Scotland would require a IMF bailout within 18 months of a referendum.

I hope Scotland do decided to leave once and for all, I'm sick of all the Anglophobia coming from north of the boarder. I honestly believe Westminster and England as a whole should stay completely out of the next Scottish Referendum and only let the Scots argue for in and out! If Scotland decides to stay then Nicola Sturgeon should resign immediately and Holyrood should pass a law stating no further referendums can be called for at least 20 years.

edit on 26.6.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 26.6.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: bigyin

Lol!!!

She can't just make laws up in Holyrood and expect Westminster to be held by them!!

She's really acting a tad silly at the moment, started by saying she was in talks with the EU and we find out she's spoken to no one. The EU has categorically told Scotland they can't be members of the EU when the UK leaves and even if Scotland do decide to become independent, she would have to apply just like every other new member state.

She's talking a load of baloney, she should at least have a plan and spoken with folk before having press releases and then shot down by the EU and Northern Ireland.

England is Scotland's but biggest trade partner and that's 4 times more trade with Emgland than the whole of the EU combined. Only the uneducated will vote to leave the union. IMHO, An independent Acotland would require a IMF bailout within 18 months of a referendum.

I hope Scotland do decided to leave once and for all, I'm sick of all the Anglophobia coming from north of the boarder. I honestly believe Westminster and England as a whole should stay completely out of the next Scottish Referendum and only let the Scots argue for in and out! If Scotland decides to stay then Nicola Sturgeon should resign immediately and Holyrood should pass a law stating no further referendums can be called for at least 20 years.

Given the insignificant contribution Scotland make to the UK economy compared to the level of noise they make, I hope they leave and we can watch them sink like Greece.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Scotland can veto Brexit

Scotland can # off.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The thing is;
The world doesn't revolve around Scotland.
The EU doesn't revolve around Scotland.
And the UK sure as hell doesn't revolve around Scotland.

If Scotland wants to go it alone and get swallowed up and become some forgotten, insignificant hinterland in the EU then that's fine, but don't think for one minute it'll be on your terms.

Sturgeon wants Scotland to have its own independence, remain in the EU, keep Sterling and The Queen and have open borders with rUK.
Basically she wants the best of everything - that will never, ever happen and anyone who believes such nonsense is as much a crank as she is.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
The thing is;
The world doesn't revolve around Scotland.
The EU doesn't revolve around Scotland.
And the UK sure as hell doesn't revolve around Scotland.

If Scotland wants to go it alone and get swallowed up and become some forgotten, insignificant hinterland in the EU then that's fine, but don't think for one minute it'll be on your terms.

Sturgeon wants Scotland to have its own independence, remain in the EU, keep Sterling and The Queen and have open borders with rUK.
Basically she wants the best of everything - that will never, ever happen and anyone who believes such nonsense is as much a crank as she is.

Here's what should happen:

Borders properly policed and passports required upon entry.
UK passports revoked from all Scottish nationals
No sterling - they can have the Euro.
Proper visa's required for working in the UK and existing workers would need to apply for a work visa, failed applicants deported.
UK buys oil elsewhere.
High tariffs for all Scottish product entering the UK.
All UK companies taxed for any operations in Scotland - bye bye call centres.
No route through the UK for products bound for Scotland from Europe without tariffs - they can use sea transportation only.
Clear condition of re-entry that Scottish govt is disbanded and full rule from Westminster

The English economy is 10 times bigger than Scotland's - time they piped down and said thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Most of that could never happen.

Most of us see the benefits of a Free Trade Association, that would mean no tariffs etc.
If Scotland was part of the EU we could not impose tariffs on Scottish goods and not on other EU produced goods.

Would you want to deport Scots who live here?
I certainly wouldn't - most love it here and have made their lives here working and paying taxes and contributing to society.
Why would we want them to go?

If an independent Scotland remained in the EU then you can bet every single penny you've ever had and ever will that one of the many conditions would be the use of the Euro as its currency.

And I'm a firm supporter of devolved power to ALL the regions of the UK - that is one of the most significant ways the UK is moving away from the EU.
The UK is heading towards increased devolved power - the EU is moving towards less and less power being with the elected assemblies of its constituent nations and more and more power being given to the EU Commission and Parliament.

That's why it baffles me why someone who supports national independence can also support membership of the EU that is actively seeking to suppress nationhood.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm loving it.

lololol

edit on b09616096 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join