It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Now that's the thing. Many, as I understand it want out/ return of sovereignty. The death-knell of the EU will be it's "sham democracy". A huge undertaking RULED by UN-ELECTED officials, more concerned only with power, salary and making INSIGNIFICANT laws about insignificant matters while major world-affecting issues are left to fester unheard.

edit on 24/6/2016 by Seeker7 because: Correcting tense

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Seeker7
Congrats to all who voted with not just their brain but their balls.

I predicted a 53-57% victory - only 1% short but close enough.

Cameron will be gone in a few months also. Great!

Proud to be a Brit today and proud of those who voted OUT!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
PERFECT RESULT

Well done mate. Happy day!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Liverpool went Remain - I think that seals it for Remain
Not so hasty mate, we made it!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Liverpool went Remain - I think that seals it for Remain

*Leave* is back in the lead.
We did it!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
If we Remain in purely because of London and Scotland I think there will be outrage! One thing it does show is that London havent got a clue about the rest of the UK. I think Scotland have only voted in in some areas is because of a second chance of a referendum.

What do people think who do we think will win? Please God let it be Leave.
Have faith!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Jesus ITV has just called leave victory, is that correct?

Currently watching on a iffy stream from a rice field in asia

Jesus plus Budda, BBC now saying leave has won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isnt it just great. A day to remember!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
May I say thank you again to all those who kindly contributed to this thread from both sides of the divide and lets keep the thread going to monitor and discuss the BREXIT as it unfolds. Its certainly going to be interesting and there will be much to debate/discuss I'm sure. Remain voters contributions are most welcome and important in seeing how the impacts of the BREXIT does unfold etc.

PROUD DAY - UK INDEPENDENCE DAY 23 June 2016!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

An emotional roller coaster last night. I am so happy, yet shell shocked that we managed to pull this off. I just could not bring myself to believe it until the finish line was crossed. So happy also to see Cameron is leaving.

Boris Boris Boris!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

An emotional roller coaster last night. I am so happy, yet shell shocked that we managed to pull this off. I just could not bring myself to believe it until the finish line was crossed. So happy also to see Cameron is leaving.

Boris Boris Boris!

I would like to put forward Andrea Leadsome I think she projects herself

very well.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
May I say thank you again to all those who kindly contributed to this thread from both sides of the divide and lets keep the thread going to monitor and discuss the BREXIT as it unfolds. Its certainly going to be interesting and there will be much to debate/discuss I'm sure. Remain voters contributions are most welcome and important in seeing how the impacts of the BREXIT does unfold etc.

I have to offer my congratulations to those that wished for this and respect the result.

Personally, i am devastated. I genuinely believe that people don't understand how this will effect us economically. Get ready for far more austerity - as the economy tanks, there will be no cash for anything. Pensions and savings are already forecast to be hit early (in terms of worth rather than through cuts). There won't be any extra cash for the NHS as was claimed. I could go on, but that is for a later date. For today, i should be magnaminous enough to let you all celebrate your victory.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I have to offer my congratulations to those that wished for this and respect the result.

Personally, i am devastated. I genuinely believe that people don't understand how this will effect us economically. Get ready for far more austerity - as the economy tanks, there will be no cash for anything. Pensions and savings are already forecast to be hit early (in terms of worth rather than through cuts). There won't be any extra cash for the NHS as was claimed. I could go on, but that is for a later date. For today, i should be magnaminous enough to let you all celebrate your victory.

Another one who hasn't heard of the Lisbon Treaty? Do you remember how the EU treated Ireland when they rejected it? It showed the EU for EXACTLY what it is - a nasty, insidious organisation with an ulterior motive.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Thank you for the congratulations. I hope you use your feeling of devastation to learn more about the positives of being out of the EU. Please give a thought to the millions of people who died to protect democracy in this country and feel proud that our country voted to protect our freedoms despite some potential personal hits to our short term financial security.
Frankly the reasons why each of us voted leave or remain are now unimportant and the dissection of 'he said, she said' during the campaigning is also unimportant.
Right now we come together as a nation to ensure that we prosper, in a global sense, as a free country, for the first time in many many years.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Boris Boris Boris!

very well.

How about Boris + Andrea? I agree with you about Andrea, she was brilliant during the campaign. Positive and unafraid.
edit on 24/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Many thanks but be to differ on the the doom and gloom!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Boris Boris Boris!

very well.

How about Boris + Andrea? I agree with you about Andrea, she was brilliant during the campaign. Positive and unafraid.
Concur!!

edit on 24-6-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm appalled by the remain camp now asking for a second referendum. We now have the remain camp in London suggesting London becomes independent from the rest of the U.K and the London Mayor and SNP leader are now in talks with #ScotLond.

What a load of balony, had the results been in their favour the leave camp would be called sore losers!

I for one am estatic that we finally have left the failing project, and will bet money on the fact the EU project will be dead in the water within 5 years.

All you need to know about European Bureaucracy

Pythagorean Theorem: 24 words.
Lord's prayer: 66 words
Archimedes' Principle: 67 words
10 Commandments: 179 words
Gettysburg address: 286 words
US Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words
US Constitution with all 27 Amendments: 7,818 words

EU regulations on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
I'm appalled by the remain camp now asking for a second referendum. We now have the remain camp in London suggesting London becomes independent from the rest of the U.K and the London Mayor and SNP leader are now in talks with #ScotLond.

What a load of balony, had the results been in their favour the leave camp would be called sore losers!

I for one am estatic that we finally have left the failing project, and will bet money on the fact the EU project will be dead in the water within 5 years.

All you need to know about European Bureaucracy

Pythagorean Theorem: 24 words.
Lord's prayer: 66 words
Archimedes' Principle: 67 words
10 Commandments: 179 words
Gettysburg address: 286 words
US Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words
US Constitution with all 27 Amendments: 7,818 words

EU regulations on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words

This is all to be expected. The remain supporters currently squealing like children are generally the totally spoiled libtards that are not used to someone actually telling them they can't have their own way. Now they have had to taste defeat and be told they are not getting what they want, they are going into meltdown. Toys are flying through the air. Any and every remote or non existent option will be shouted from the rooftops to reverse their loss so they get their way. It's millions of two year olds demanding sweets and not taking no for an answer. It's actually quite funny to watch.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm finding it a bit upsetting that so many Remainers are blaming Brexiters for daring to have an opinion and voting for what they felt was best for themselves and the country.

It's bad enough when you get whole areas of the UK complaining about how other areas voted but the divide between young and not-so-young is really galling.

It's as if nobody over the age of about 20 is allowed to want a life outside of the EU because we're all expected to drop down dead at any minute. But people can live easily into their nineties now, so even a middle-aged person might have several decades to look forward to and why shouldn't they want to live those decades free of the EU boot?

A mean person might suggest that some of the generation complaining about the Out vote might not have quite that long to live themselves what with their unhealthy lifestyle.

The 'nearly dead' might well outlive them all.*

* a charming term I learnt recently, apparently it refers to anyone over the age of 25.

edit on 24-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I'm finding it a bit upsetting that so many Remainers are blaming Brexiters for daring to have an opinion and voting for what they felt was best for themselves and the country

I wouldn't worry about it - in round figures one in every two will have been right.

It's bad enough when you get whole areas of the UK complaining about how other areas voted but the divide between young and not-so-young is really galling.

Nothing personal ....

The young have always rebelled against parents/adults/authority.

It's as if nobody over the age of about 20 is allowed to want a life outside of the EU because we're all expected to drop down dead at any minute. But people can live easily into their nineties now, so even a middle-aged person might have several decades to look forward to and why shouldn't they want to live those decades free of the EU boot?

I've had that conversation already today! Apparently no one ever traveled

before 1975, among other things, and they appear to think the EU provides

us all with money and all manner of things.

The 'nearly dead' might well outlive them all.*

* a charming term I learnt recently, apparently it refers to anyone over the age of 25.

Well I've had my Biblical quota and am still going strong. At 25 these days many havent

even left home yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join