It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul would do well in this Election.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If Ron Paul ran in 2016 instead of 2012. He would be a top contender. Before he was always fighting the establishment, and quite visibly being ignored by the media despite always being 2nd or 3rd in the republican primaries. He spoke the truth whether people liked it or not. Which(and I'm not comparing their politics) is essentially how Trump and Sanders have become so popular. Now that the establishment is on the defensive in both parties I think Ron Paul would thrive in this new kind of presidential arena.

Ron Paul didn't try to get people angry at the system, he was quite rational and honest when introducing his plans for the US. He would be set apart from the establishment, but he wouldn't be lumped in with Trump and Sanders who have tapped into America's anger for their core support.

Then again Mitt Romney would probably be far better off in this republican election as well. Political norms have been thrown out the window.
Trump and Sanders went from "wouldn't it be funny if they were president" to "holy sh*t they could become the president!" in a matter of months.

Everything seems to be a toss up this year.

Discuss...
edit on 20-2-2016 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Edit

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
No. Because he is Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't think any of the Paul's have a chance, ever. Libertarians make up only 7% of the population in the US. They are a very noisy 7%, but still not nearly large enough of a demographic to win a general election.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I would love to see him be the big surprise at the convention. By voice acclamation. Ron Paul,, Ron Paul,, Ron Paul

I suppose there was hope that Rand would carry on the flag of Republican opposition however he seems to have fallen by the way as a pale memory of his fathers fight for citizens rights.

I like Bernie for many of the reasons I voted for Ron, and you point some of those out in the OP. But should Hillary win the nod, I could easily vote for Ron instead of any of the others guys being pumped out by the Republican Meat Machine.

But better yet, what I would really love is if Bernie were to ask Ron to run with him as a VP. Now there would be a ticket.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It would sure bring some sanity among the GOP candidates, but from the looks of it, republican voters don't want sanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Ron Paul and Bernie as a team would do better.

new topics

top topics

join