It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tall beings from Draguignan - Encounters of the third kind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I really love these weird close encounters from before the almond eyed grays seemed to take over. Pre 80's you could say.

Plenty of less than humanoid beings with no heads or faces on their torsos and all kinds of descriptions that defy our preconceived notions. not to mention the bizarre "robots" that seem to accompany them with descriptions just as bizzare.

I'm not going to say wether these stories are truth or modern mythology but it is interesting how this phenomenon seems to go hand in hand with our current forms of popular scifi representations.

I love the high strangeness of the mystery either way.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The name of the place caught my interest, and so I found this on wiki:

According to legend, the name of the city is derived from the Latin name “Draco/Draconem” (dragon): a bishop, called Saint Hermentaire, killed a dragon and saved people.

Maybe related, maybe not.
edit on 2/21/2016 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Hello nito,

Another very well presented, original and interesting post. I also find Ignacio Darnaude's website a fascinating treasure trove of information from the last 60 or 70 years.

Now to the actual story itself.

10 feet tall beings? Well the actual sources seem to suggest this was only of a silhouette. But it also states the beings were in excess of 2 metres (or elsewhere 2.5 metres). Which is closer to 6' 6" to around 8' tall. About the height of the goalposts in football. They also seemed to be wearing protective suits and communicated by strange whistling sounds.

So was this an elaborate hoax?

If not then the beings seem to be humanoid and protected from the environment. The suit would also add more height to whoever was inside. Could the strange whistling sounds simply have been their communication equipment inside their suits giving of residual signals.

Beings in protective suits could mean what? It's certainly how we'd go about exploring another planet. Does that mean it was aliens? I don't know. Would there be any reason for human beings in protectives suits to be up there scaring people?

Strange story.

There are people who do communicate in whistles. Sheep herders train their dogs to obey commands in the form of whistles.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I find one thing odd, they all claimed to be scared out of their minds, in fact one said he was too scared to go back up after his friends yet when they got working cars the kept going back to the creatures.

Does not seem to add up...Scared out of your mind equates to chance to escape and run like hell not looking back..

They seemed too curious to be scared especially asking if they are good or bad...If unsure get yourself safe and they did say the creatures were in a "threatening pose".

Very odd...Good read tho, thanks OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its cool to just consider these things at face value and wonder what sort of evolutionary path their world/dimension/whatever took to get such features, also why they needed the setup they had.

what would make a "threatening" manner? waving a hand from a human on some alien world might be seen as the most threatening or insulting thing you can do to their culture, so, I think that is open for interpretation. now, threatening actions, sure..but manners and posture? thats human constraints.

I love me a good sci-fi..and who knows..might be real.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Does not seem to add up...Scared out of your mind equates to chance to escape and run like hell not looking back..

Well, scared and curious often go hand in hand. some of the best discoveries are done with a healthy mix of both.

ghost hunting is a good example here..lots of people go out of their mind with fear when things actually start happening..some hunters run to the hills, others overcome it and try to press on.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Living in Belgium (It's neighbouring to France), I find it quite an interesting story.

It should also be noted that there was a UFO-wave in Belgium in the early 90's in the area I live, where numerous people reported seeing UFO's, or more precisely a single UFO consisting of 3 white lights around the outher edges of the craft, and a single red light at the bottom/center.

Seems like there's a relation in the type of craft, or perhaps it could've even been the same one.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I recall in the videos of Phil Schneider, that he said that the aliens that they ran into while digging out an underground tunnel for the government, waved one of their hands over their stomach and a beam came out of its stomach and blew Phil's stomach all the way open. Maybe that's what the red dot on his stomach is there. He actually shows the scar in one of his videos and he's quite lucky to be alive.
edit on 21-2-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

well done nitro! haven't heard of this one....nice distraction from the usual threads....I enjoy finding a story I haven't heard before...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nito92

It's funny how history has welcomed in the fables so generously to ones mind and imagination over the eons of earth's life. The stories about the medusas’ and the Dragon's, Wings that once ruled the earth's sky, the Cyclops and the many incredibly imaginative…lies and super stoked ,over exaggerated ,over the top, overly Imaginated ,2% truth and 98% added from deep in the heart of the sewer bowls, from the habitual land of wonder lies, I give you another fable added to the world of fabrication, the The tall beings from Draguignan AND THE BELLY BUTTON THAT GLOWED RED AND HIS NAME WAS RUDOLF.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

Here is where I have a serious issue...

Meanwhile in the Fiat car they were not going too well because the boys came to watch two gigantic robotic red legs crossing the road, the car turned off and suddenly came alive, the steering wheel turned on its own and the driver could not do anything.

In 1973 there were no motors or other electrical "torque" providers attached to the steering system of automobiles; thus it would not be possible for this phenomenon or event to happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
There are good and bad tales out there, and it is the bad ones that scare the bejesus out of me. For example the human mutilations. You just don't know what type of encounter you may have. If true, these boys are either extremely brave or incredibly stupid to go trying to find them.

What is so incredibly scary about THIS type of encounter I think is the behavior apathetic to the humans involved and the fear they might be experiencing. Even if you think aliens and demons are one and the same phenomenon, at least usually they telepathically speak and have a calm nonthreatening demeanor. But think even of ANIMALS. It seems most earthling animals whether one species of animal to another or one animal to a human being, they all have a uniform established way to act when first crossing paths. You get slowly closer and do something passive like a human might speak in a high voice with repetitive simplistic baby talk and a horse may lower his head, or a dog give a good sniff and finally a permissive lick/kiss. Hell even an octopus, dolphin, or ray will make smaller and smaller circles and mutually work to arrive at an agreement of equal comfort when running into one another. But what would be terrifying is this...already in some type of threatening stance when the humans speak in attempt to establish the one thing common sense says ANY intelligent being would first want to establish about a new intelligent being, are they here with peaceful intentions or are they here to cause harm. And they get silence...silence and a few indecipherable whistles that could very well be a countdown or a plan "you grab that one out the window and take his head off before he alerts other humans while I load this one in the ships cage!" or something horrific like that. It even leads me to think it could be a case of their being a living or robotic entity that has no emotional process or who is so advanced in an incomprehensible way that it doesn't matter what we think or how innocent and frightened we are, to them we are exactly as delicate a thing as an amoeba or fungus is to us...able to be trampled or torn to shreds even if we know darn well theyre living things without even the possibility of having a sense of guilt afterward. Or how we treat trees (which I hope isn't too cruel the more I blown away by trees and what they do...look up sometime the amazing things trees consciously do like talk to other trees or fight, or aim and throw things...its incredible...dunno how i got on that topic loll)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I agree. Think how we treat dolphins and whales. And we send probes out to planets now. I can see us sending advanced, unmanned probes using AI to research all types of places far from home. If you sent out lot of scientific probes to places unknown they would most likely have to operate pretty much on their own once at interstellar distances. How an AI consciousness might distinguish animals from humans, or other life forms would be based on some abstract alien species that programmed these machines and may not be any resemblance of animals or humans.

Something we as a species should think about should we ever live long enough to build such probes and travel interstellar or galactic distances.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
awesome threads

hail humanoid overlords

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join