It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimi Hendrix , The Undeniable Master

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've known he was a genius since my teens but it struck me that in a way , to me , he's unique.
I can think of none other of my heroes that still hold their position on the pedestal I placed them on through my life as he does , his music is food for the sole , the sounds he makes with his guitar quicken my heart and his voice encapsulate the 60's to a point that it almost make the era tangible.

The songs he wrote in his short life still stand the test of time and his cover versions improved on already great songs.

There can't be many who haven't heard or don't know this ....

Or who haven't sung along to this

I have a love for music and for me ( I have a wide and eclectic taste) there is no other musician that can hold a candle to the true Undeniable master that is Jimi Hendrix , if there is a God of music Hendrix was surely heaven sent.

Great video of Jimmi just singin and playin

If you have another favourite Hendrix song please post it.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Hendrix was indeed one of the greats, and humble too...

During an interview, Jimi Hendrix was asked by a journalist "How does it feel to be the best guitarist in the world? " He answered : "I don't know. Ask Rory Gallagher."

And here...

edit on 2/20/2016 by Klassified because: redact

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He was a freak of nature I think. Born to play an upside down Strat better than anybody could play it, the way in which it was intended to be played.

When Clapton first saw him play he had thoughts of quitting. Briefly of course and be ever thankful for it, but that's how good Hendrix was.

Hendrix is still the man to beat.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah,Jimi is one of the greatest guitar players ever...My eyes tear up when I listen to"Little wing"..
Edit...S&F..

edit on 20-2-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

Great choice mate

edit on 20-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

As a musician and when still a relatively young man wanting to get a tattoo, I chose to have a musical "tribal" wrapped around my upper arm. On it I place 5 names of whom I considered the greats, enshrined for so long as I'll live upon my very skin. One of those names, the great Jimi Hendrix of course...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

there is no other musician that can hold a candle to the true Undeniable master

Although Hendrix was a great if not the best ever guitar player he was only a one instrument man. As a musician Brian Jones was far better.

Jones was able to play well, and very well the following instruments:-

Guitar
Saxophone
Oboe
Slide Guitar
Mellotron
Harpsicord
Dulcimer
Harmonica
Sitar
Mamba
Recorder
Organ
Piano
Marimba
Trumpet
Trombone
Tuba
Theremin
Harp
Flute
Autoharp
Tamboura
Koto
Kazoo
Bells

I may have missed a few.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So many great songs... I always love Red House - such awesome guitar in that.
No decent version on Youtube sadly.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Jimi had it all, chops, intellect, great voice (which he was uncertain of) writing ability, stage presence, vision and was one of the coolest looking cats ever.

I remember playing the "Are you Experienced" album the week it came out at the first evening party I ever hosted in the back yard of my parents house, christmas lights strung on the fence and trees, and girls were starting to become most appealing, I had a psychedelic vest and purple suede Beatle boots.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm a huge fan and I agree he was one of a kind. The stuff he was doing at these live shows with Band of Gypsys was his best, in my opinion. This New Years at the Fillmore show was unreal.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So nice to see a thread remembering Jimi, out of the blue like this.
Yeah, totally awesome. So very gifted. I wish he could have lived his life, you know, his entire life.

A deserved tribute.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ive been wanting to chime in but have not because people usually get bent out of shape about hendrix.
music is subjective so your opinion of his being the greatest is not wrong but it is not one i share.

of course he was a great guitarist. far better than i can ever hope to be. having said that i dont think he was near as great as most make him out to be. i can think of at least 20 guitarists that i would rather listen to and in my opinion were far better than hendrix.
my list always tops out with frank zappa.

i have always felt that if hendrix was not black or a lefty he would not have been as famous/popular as he was. could be wrong but its how i feel.

to be fair he had a pretty short career and had he had another 20 years and 20 albums he may have been higher on my list. but. he didnt and hes not.

edit on 21-2-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You're refering to Jimmy the saint, right? Lill' Jimmy who played the guitar like nobody else ever did before. Jimmy the saint, who tuned our souls? That awesome Jimmy? THAT Jimmy who never ever played anything that was lame or sucked?

edit on 21-2-2016 by Willingly because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

And of course Frank Zappa, as far as I got to know him, would not have denied Jimmi the status of a saint, I assume. Just because he could play the guitar differently and more elaborate for some folks, who are just not in tune with Jimmy the saint. Frank Zappa and also Duke Robillard would not dismiss Jimmy the saint for what he did. But that maybe is just me, knowing that great saints won't spit on other great saints.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: TinySickTears

And of course Frank Zappa, as far as I got to know him, would not have denied Jimmi the status of a saint, I assume. Just because he could play the guitar differently and more elaborate for some folks, who are just not in tune with Jimmy the saint. Frank Zappa and also Duke Robillard would not dismiss Jimmy the saint for what he did. But that maybe is just me, knowing that great saints won't spit on other great saints.

then you will be wrong. frank sang the praises of very few.
he always told it like it was.
does not matter to me one way or the other.
my opinions about jimi will never change.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice post, I am always mesmerised by his solos on this

and this

Rock on Jimi

new topics

top topics

join