It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motherly love and murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I could hear the sound of water as she showered. She was singing like she always did in the shower.

She was so pretty. The years of drug abuse had not yet robbed her of her looks or her personality. She still made me laugh and heaven knows, she still made me cry.

Her cell phone was inches away, laying on the coffee table when it burst into life.

I hesitated for a moment, then I answered it. I knew instinctively it was him. Her dealer. The one who readily poisoned my daughter and for what? Profit and greed! My Daughter's life was cheap to him.

He sounded coarse, ignorant and cold. "I got some good stuff." He said, matter of factly. "Wanna meet down the tunnel?

My heart was pounding. I so wanted to tell him what I thought of him. It wouldn't have mattered though. He was not human. He had no compassion. He was a cold evil individual, a scourge on society.

"I'm her mother." I said, swallowing the hard lump that had materialised in my throat. "But I'd like to meet up with you."

I cringed as the profanities spewed from his vile mouth. I knew he would hang up. I had to be quick. I had to get his attention.

"I'll pay you to stay away from my daughter." I offered.

There was a brief pause. He didn't hang up.

"How much?" he said.

"I have five thousand. It's all I have and I'll give it to you to stay away from her." another pause.

"You know where the tunnel is? He asked

I told him I did. It was a place I had walked my dog many times. An old railway track now redundant, surrounded by trees and overgrown fields.

"Okay, five grand. Be there at four." He demanded.

"I can't make it before seven." I replied. "I have to go out of town." That was true. I had an important journey to make.

"Seven, okay. I'm in a black Beemer, come to the passenger window and I'll be clean, so no pigs, understand."

I assured him I understood and the call was ended.

Ten minutes later she walked into the room with her suit case. She smiled nervously. I knew she was scared, but I also knew she was ready and determined.

We climbed into my car and headed towards the motorway. I would drop her off and wouldn't see her again for twelve weeks.

The rehab clinic was pleasant and comfortable and the staff were amazing. I knew she was in good hands. I hugged her so tight. We both cried but it was the right thing to do, the only thing to do.

I felt strangely calm as I stuffed all my life savings into a large brown envelope. Then, at 6:50 I set off on my journey to the tunnel.

I saw his car approach. He was punctual, I'll give him that.

He pulled up a few yards from where I was now standing. I held the envelope so he could clearly see it.

The passenger window slowly opened and I saw him for the first time. It's strange, I can't recall what he looked like. I remember he exuded an air of smug confidence. He looked at me with such contempt and he called me fu***** crazy old lady.

I gritted my teeth at his profanity. Then I stretched my hand with the envelope towards him. He smiled as he grabbed it from me.

He tore open the envelope and dipped his vile fingers inside, curling his grip around my life savings.

It was a couple of seconds before he noticed the gun I held firmly pointed at his head. His expression froze. The feeling of satisfaction it gave me to see fear etched across his face was awesome.

"I don't like drug dealers." I said with calmness. "And I don't like bad language".

His lifeless body slumped over the steering wheel. I reached in and took back the envelope.

His demise made the front page. The police suspected a rival drug gang for the slaying. It was definitely a professional hit they had said.

I smiled at that. How wrong could they be.

That night I prayed that my daughter would be given the strength to come through clean and strong and then I slept the best sleep I had for a very long time.

She was a different person when she came home. While she had been away I had moved house. It was a new beginning for both of us. She loved the new home, tucked away in the countryside and today I found her searching the employment adds.

I put my hands on her shoulders as she sat at the computer, making plans for her future. Then I kissed the back of her head. My daughter was back and this time, no-one was going to spoil that.

The End

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

Howdy. Just wanted to comment and say that was good. Felt like I was reading a real story ....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Hi natalia.
Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Regards ashflash.

new topics

join