It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Feminism.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The only thing I would like to see remain tax-free indefinitely is fresh foods. Processed not so much, but fresh fruit, veggies & meats, yes,

And beer.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Like Im not going to fkng lie... Taxation on tampons is down there on the list of equality issues with women not being allowed to show their nipples in public, and that breasts being sexualised is oppression.

Ive mentioned issues that I think are far more up there on the list of outrage. I mentioned them in my original post. Ive mentioned them since.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The only thing I would like to see remain tax-free indefinitely is fresh foods. Processed not so much, but fresh fruit, veggies & meats, yes,

And beer.

Rescind the alcohol tax? Oooh, you drive a hard argument there....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Rescind the alcohol tax? Oooh, you drive a hard argument there....

All in the name of gender equality. Both sexes would be more tolerable (and look better) if we were bombed.

edit on 24-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

It's not necessarily to have tampons to exist. It is cleanlier, yes, but not necessary (ask the free bleeders)
Therefore, I find no reason to be offended about taxing it. Ooooh, so I have to pay a sales tax on them and pads, whoopdee-ish.

That's not a valid argument for stifling women, btw. No more so than complaining about the tax on douche products.

How many signatures do you see on the one petition I posted (this is worldwide and worldwise)? Read real women's comments on that petition page as to why menstrual products are important to them.

This is about inequality on women's basic needs and if you disagree then you are free to do so, as I am to direct my outrage at all forms and instances of inequality.

I brought to the forefront the issue behind the misguided extremists actions and it was intended to educate and inform, and to hopefully get some positive action against this tax. This was not meant to stifle,
but meant to help redirect outrage and contempt to the important issue here.
A victory for women.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 24-2-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

Yet you would rather rant about the actions of a few misguided women than rant about those other issues and abuses. Confusing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Feel free to direct me to the threads you have made about these issues.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I really don't see how bitching about tax on a non-edible product that we won't drop dead without is a victory.

This movement is grasping at straws.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
actually ivy thats true , i feel sad for women and girls around the world now . alot of people thinks women are goods for their desires and others think woman is symbol of hoyse wife and kids riot ....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvyNeptune

Feel free to direct me to the threads you have made about these issues.

I am just touching on the main focus in your thread because it was nowhere to be found and I felt it to be an important protest. Your thread had more of a witch hunt feel to it than a hunt for information/truth and the main focus, as you posted, which should not be lost, was lost. You can get a good idea via the responses in your thread how the hard work of women seeking fairness is met with dismissal and scorn, so I will use my energies in advancing all causes I think are important through petitioning for change.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Did you know often times in the west these days, when we feel oppressed wether it be by the illuminati, or white people, or white males we feel this oppression not because it actually exists but because we have character flaws ourselves (#ty people).I'm not suggesting that you fall in this category but it is food for thought.

tampons seriously, what about child brides what about the real oppression that is taking place? You distract from the real issues and basically are telling ivy that she's not femininist enough for you. Sounds like a personal problem, so you keep signing petitions and hold dear to your oppression narrative we (as in the rest of the west) are going to move on and keep living our lives and fix what truly is broken.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Exactly, where in this thread are the real important women's issues discussed except via my informational posts? My only personal problem here is the lack of main focus which the OP agreed with me on. Now you may continue with your prattle on what women's issues you consider important or not, which is your right to do.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point, extreme feminism is a feminists issue, if you somehow can't see that well then you are more extreme than the OP. Period end of story
edit on 24-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: TechniXcality

Exactly, where in this thread are the real important women's issues discussed except via my informational posts? My only personal problem here is the lack of main focus which the OP agreed with me on. Now you may continue with your prattle on what women's issues you consider important or not, which is your right to do.

You expect people to take this seriously when you yourself have been prattling on about -- in the grand scheme of rights here -- a very minor hygiene item? You've effectively shot yourself in the foot by sidestepping real, critical problems (child/underage/force marriage) in favor of a FLUFF ISSUE.

You really shouldn't be advocating for anything until you get your priorities straight, sweetie.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I think you are missing the point, extreme feminism is a feminists issue, if you somehow can't see that well then you are more extreme than the OP. Period end of story

Extreme feminism is as only important as you make it and I think them misguided in many ways, but I don't consider their antics in any way hindering or deflecting from people making change happen, as evidenced in my links above. This is my disagreement with the OP, because she thinks they have power, to me they don't, to her, yes, because she makes their antics the main focus, thereby giving them power. This is the sad deflection from the main issues, and my main point.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If you find tampons to be a worthy cause you are likely in the category the OP is condemning. You may ask, why should we care about extreme feminists? Well, you should care because they effect the real issues from being heard, and they cause a broad brush labeling and stereotyping that hinders the cause. You clearly cannot see this, so there is no point in continuing the debate, with that please get on signing petitions.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How bout dem manpons?

1:05

"Can you handle a manpon?"
edit on 24-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Depends.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Equal rights for men and woman for sure

But there's a point where it's not about male or female anymore is situations where previously mentioned such as firefighting

At this point it's down to whether or not the individual can pass the requirements

On a 20 person wildland firefighting crew I observed the only female on the crew given all sorts of easier tasks and preference because she was female, overall she was a tough and able person more than some guys I know (who aren't firefighters), but not gonna lie at the end of the day still weaker and slower than the rest of us, hence crew boss giving her easier tasks, which are usually tasks that must be worked up to to acheive. I didnt care. Just observed and did my work. As she was in my squad we got aling okay, but it still was a hassle as when she needed to change clothes in truck obviously we looked elsewhere, not so with guys. So a considerable amount of consideration was taken to resoect difference of gender. Some of the guys in crew were pissed and even more when she was bragging about possibly being promoted to squad boss.

Do I know some woman who I think could drag a full grown man a mile or two if needs be or similar feat of strength? Yes, and I'd trust someone at that point. Worked in resteraint with roller derby woman and damn sge was strong and caught me from slipping on oil one day, would have hit my head. But this particular person on crew would not rely on. Some of the male's on the crew in same category.

Tl ;Dr there's a point where it has nothing to do with your hormone levels and kind of genatelia a person has but the reality if they can fit in the role complained about are gender soecific

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Unfortunately, after further evaluation of the materials used in manpons- they tax those as well. Can't escape tax, even #en manpons

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join