It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron Fires Starting Gun for EU Brexit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Corbyn is pro-EU

Corbyn is only pro-EU because he thinks we can reform it from within, which as we know, is impossible.
He actually voted No in the 1975 referendum.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

On Europe I think he is actually spooning in bed with both of them. By supporting the stay in campaign they are both supporting the 'deal' that Cameron personally struck on behalf of the UK. It is hilarious, the deal is crap and they all know it but want us to vote for it.

I do like some of Corbyn's policies but then I like different policies from most political parties. I'm no party member, never have been, I voted Lib-dem in 1997 and got a Lib-dem MP instead of a Conservative, then I voted for the second time in my life last year for UKIP. Didn't get a UKIP MP, didn't really want one, I voted solely to send the message that I wanted out of the EU.
I absolutely believe that if I and the other 4 million folk didn't vote UKIP last year then we would not be having this referendum. I've been incorrectly called a Ukipper by many on ATS but my vote was tactical for the referendum, and I'm glad all of us who did vote are getting that referendum now.
You can say thanks later if you like

Very interesting that you were a Lib Dem supporter considering they are the biggest EUphiles of them all.
May I ask, if we vote to Stay in the EU, would you continue to vote UKIP if none of the other parties support another referendum?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

On Europe I think he is actually spooning in bed with both of them. By supporting the stay in campaign they are both supporting the 'deal' that Cameron personally struck on behalf of the UK. It is hilarious, the deal is crap and they all know it but want us to vote for it.

I do like some of Corbyn's policies but then I like different policies from most political parties. I'm no party member, never have been, I voted Lib-dem in 1997 and got a Lib-dem MP instead of a Conservative, then I voted for the second time in my life last year for UKIP. Didn't get a UKIP MP, didn't really want one, I voted solely to send the message that I wanted out of the EU.
I absolutely believe that if I and the other 4 million folk didn't vote UKIP last year then we would not be having this referendum. I've been incorrectly called a Ukipper by many on ATS but my vote was tactical for the referendum, and I'm glad all of us who did vote are getting that referendum now.
You can say thanks later if you like

I had to star that.

Your vote for UKIP has brought about the referendum, brilliant.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Very interesting that you were a Lib Dem supporter considering they are the biggest EUphiles of them all.
May I ask, if we vote to Stay in the EU, would you continue to vote UKIP if none of the other parties support another referendum?
I voted Lib-dem solely to keep the local (crap) Conservative candidate out, it got recounted twice as there were less than 20 deciding votes in it in my constituency.
Turned out we got an excellent hard working MP who tirelessly helped many citizens during his term.

If we vote to stay in the EU I'll probably accept the result because I find the Scots nationalists annoying with their continuing whinging after losing so I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite doing the same myself.
I've never had a vote on EU membership so I'm just pleased to be able to cast one this year and accept the democratic process for what it is.

...I'd probably vote Lib-dem then, purely because the local party here works really hard for the community, advocacy, campaigning etc, decent people.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Lol, you reckon we'd be having this referendum if the 4 million people did not vote UKIP? Really?

Nobody else was talking about it, well, Cameron of course, but only because of UKIP, and if nobody had voted UKIP I reckon he'd have dropped that referendum talk like a hot potato.
You may of course believe differently but I think my opinion is reasoned enough to stand.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Lol, you reckon we'd be having this referendum if the 4 million people did not vote UKIP? Really?

Nobody else was talking about it, well, Cameron of course, but only because of UKIP, and if nobody had voted UKIP I reckon he'd have dropped that referendum talk like a hot potato.
You may of course believe differently but I think my opinion is reasoned enough to stand.

Cameron promised us a referendum in 2010 and the only reason it was not delivered, is the small fact that the Tories did not have an outright majority in the 2010 election.

I acknowledge UKIP applied pressure though out the coalition years, but we were always going to have a referendum under Cameron. At least he delivered on that promise.

If Labour had won the last election, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If Labour had won the last election, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

Very true, and UKIP took loads of votes away from Labour in many constituencies

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hands up who remembers when these:

...turned into these:

Shallow point to make I suppose, but the day the passports are changed is the day I'll believe any vote 'leave' will have won...and I hope my passport gets accidentally damaged by someone soon after so I can get one of the first new ones as its replacement.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
...no fear, the UK will do okay

#VoteLeave
edit on 21.2.2016 by grainofsand because: cannot embed the vid

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The gloves are off , Cameron ridicules Boris Johnson in the Commons but Johnson comes back with a dig about Cameron's deal.

And it's only day 1

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The gloves are off , Cameron ridicules Boris Johnson in the Commons but Johnson comes back with a dig about Cameron's deal.

And it's only day 1

This goes to prove how desperate the #In campaign has become.

Cameron and the Tories look idiots when they attack Corbyn, he's in already.

Then to attack Boris like he did, Boris almost looked like he agreed with him at the end. Boris has backed the wrong horse, some say.

Watch this horse run though, we will run all the way and prove how powerful we are.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Boris almost looked like he agreed with him at the end. Boris has backed the wrong horse, some say.

The last clip of Boris in that video showed him saying 'rubbish'.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Boris almost looked like he agreed with him at the end. Boris has backed the wrong horse, some say.

The last clip of Boris in that video showed him saying 'rubbish'.

He looked like a naughty boy, caught in the act, despite the bravado.

I'm sure things will change though. They have to after today, he received a proper spanking!!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The ghost of bad mistakes past ,Tony Blair ,has reared his NWO head to warn the good people of the UK that a vote to leave the EU could break up the UK .... Really Tony , Wow don't think we'd realsed that ... thanks.
www.bbc.co.uk...

What Scotland does after we vote leave is up to them , I hope they stick around but the choice is theirs.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Former Tory leader now Lord Michael Howard has today declared he will be campaigning for the Leave camp , stating that Cameron's negotiations have "met with failure".
www.bbc.co.uk...

Poor Dave , only a year into his second term and facing redundancy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join