It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron Fires Starting Gun for EU Brexit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That being said, I think Boris is a Europhile, so if he does go against Cameron, it's for political gain only.

I think that's spot on , If as expected he does join the out campaign it will be both a boost for leave and his leadership aspirations , Bo-Jo has popular appeal amongst voters so his opinion will matter and if as I expect we do vote to leave Cameron will have to stand down , I doubt he'll limp on untill 2020 when he's already said he won't stand again.

The only problem Bo-Jo has is he isn't so popular within the party but his appeal with the public could again work in his favour.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'll take support from Satan if it helps the vote leave campaign lol
...I'm already getting tired of seeing Salmond & Sturgeon on English TV bleating that we should stay in though, isn't BBC Scotland & STV their correct place to whinge?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well they would want to stay in wouldn't they?

Unhappy being told what to do by the British Government, happy to be told exactly what to do by Europe.

Hypocrites much?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I know, absolutely hilarious, wanting to keep the queen as their head of state, and be ruled by Brussels instead lol
I couldn't give a toss if the Scots vote to stay in the EU and they split from the UK, wouldn't adversely affect my life, and it would be amusing to hear them whinging about their EU rulers instead of blaming everything on the English.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I know, absolutely hilarious, wanting to keep the queen as their head of state, and be ruled by Brussels instead lol
I couldn't give a toss if the Scots vote to stay in the EU and they split from the UK, wouldn't adversely affect my life, and it would be amusing to hear them whinging about their EU rulers instead of blaming everything on the English.

Oh, they would still find a reason to blame the English, it's what they live for it appears.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Agree that if the vote goes against staying in the EU Cameron will step down.

Prime Ministers come and go, as do the party in power. The Referendum is too important to focus on the short-term personality politics. It is good that Cameron has said that all Conservative MPs should campaign in their own way i.e. no whip.

So far I have been quite enlivened by the debate.

I am undecided. Nothing from the Labour Party yet, so far as I can see. Ah well, silence is golden, but where is Corbyn? I am sick of hearing the SNP bleating on and acting as a de facto opposition, but their message of unconditional Euro-love is a bit insipid.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I am sick of hearing the SNP bleating on and acting as a de facto opposition, but their message of unconditional Euro-love is a bit insipid.
Haha! I think everyone is sick of the Scots nationalists whinging and acting like their 8% of the UK population has bigger influence than it really has.
I am actually beginning to hope they do vote to stay in the EU and we can be done with them for good if we get a 'leave' vote elsewhere...hopefully.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Corbyn has spoken about the deal that has been brokered and has stated that it does nothing for the common man.

However, Labour seem firmly in the 'remain' camp, for the sakes of jobs, or at least that is the main message representatives seem to be sticking to.

Still no news on Boris and according to some articles, Cameron is urging him to join the 'remain' camp.

Oh Boris you naughty tease.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I am undecided. Nothing from the Labour Party yet, so far as I can see. Ah well, silence is golden, but where is Corbyn? I am sick of hearing the SNP bleating on and acting as a de facto opposition, but their message of unconditional Euro-love is a bit insipid.

There have been discussions from the Labour party and indeed Cobyn himself. It's just that these stories get pushed down the bottom or never mentioned at all in the MSM. All the MSM want to focus on are petty issues and squabbles.

You have to do your own research I'm afraid.

If you are genuinely interested in what Labour and Corbyn have to say hope these help:

www.theguardian.com...

but there is also a Labour.Leave group...

twitter.com...
labourleave.org...
edit on 83116bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 21 Feb 2016 09:16:46 -06002916 by 83Liberty because: typo

edit on 83121bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 21 Feb 2016 09:21:26 -06002916 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Apart from the theatrics, I don't understand why Boris has not made his position clear.

Oh for sure, I appreciate he couldn't state his position before the negotiations, but we got exactly what I thought we would get, absolutely nothing of substance.

Boris isn't doing himself any favours imo, especially as he has aspirations of becoming Prime Minister. Too much dithering, does not bode well.

That being said, I think Boris is a Europhile, so if he does go against Cameron, it's for political gain only. Maybe that's what he is weighing up?

Marvellous isn't it .... how easily they change their political allegiance/stance

when it comes to what is beneficial to themselves personally?

The voters/people who get them elected count for zilch.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Bo-Jo has pinned his colours to the mast and come out as expected in the leave camp.
Let Battle commence.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Haha excellent, it will be funny listening to his arguments against Cameron.
...I wonder if we can actually win the vote to leave, exciting times ahead, can't wait for the vote now.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Sorry, but don't blame the lack of exposure of the Labour Party and Corby on MSM. Even the Labour Party website appears out of date.

Over the last couple of days Corbyn has been silent, or maybe he has not? The Guardian article is a self-penned column. I am aware that some high profile party members are ordering themselves into the "stay"/"go" camps. The Labour Party want to stay "in", but will they have the balls to allow MPs to campaign as they see fit?

For the record, the left have traditionally been anti-EU.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Haha excellent, it will be funny listening to his arguments against Cameron.

No, it will be funny for Boris and Galloway to be sitting on the same stage having to make small talk!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
No, it will be funny for Boris and Galloway to be sitting on the same stage having to make small talk!

Now that I'd love to see!
There are so many odd bed-fellows in this referendum, Sturgeon/Cameron/Corbyn, Farage/Galloway/BoJo, even if we don't vote out as I hope this is definitely going to be the most entertaining national campaigning political issue I have ever known.

#VoteLeave

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What are you expecting from Corbyn?

The biggest story so far, is how split the Tories are on the question. Labour appear to be in the main pretty resolute about which side they sit on. That said, no one from the Labour Party has stated that all Labour activists are behind the 'remain' campaign.

Here's an article from the Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Corbyn is pro-EU so he's in bed with Sturgeon backing Cameron's lame 'deal' lol, I think it's hilarious, and I'm beginning to think we might actually vote out as a nation...well I hope so at the least.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wouldn't say he is in bed with Sturgeon anymore than he is in bed with Cameron. His beliefs are that the U.K should remain, that's his perogative.

I like Corbyn and his brand of Grown Up politics, but I don't agree with him on Europe.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have to ask ... Is this a sane man? Sajid Javid he is for staying *IN* and yet he says >>>>

It is clear now the UK should never have joined the EU. In many ways it is a
failing project, an overblown bureaucracy in need of wide ranging and urgent
reform.
Had we never taken the fateful decision to sign up to the EU, we would still
of course be a successful country. We would be an independent trading nation
like Japan, US or Canada.
Over the years we would have developed trade arrangements with the EU and
with others, all without surrendering control over immigrants, or our economic
independence
If this referendum were to vote on whether to join in the first place, I
wouldn't hesitate to say Britain would be better out.
With heavy heart and no enthusiasm I shall be voting for the UK to remain a
member of the EU.

From his own article in the Mail on Sunday.

I repeat "Is he a sane man?.... and how many others are there who are

*reluctantly* voting to remain in the EU.

edit on 21-2-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

On Europe I think he is actually spooning in bed with both of them. By supporting the stay in campaign they are both supporting the 'deal' that Cameron personally struck on behalf of the UK. It is hilarious, the deal is crap and they all know it but want us to vote for it.

I do like some of Corbyn's policies but then I like different policies from most political parties. I'm no party member, never have been, I voted Lib-dem in 1997 and got a Lib-dem MP instead of a Conservative, then I voted for the second time in my life last year for UKIP. Didn't get a UKIP MP, didn't really want one, I voted solely to send the message that I wanted out of the EU.
I absolutely believe that if I and the other 4 million folk didn't vote UKIP last year then we would not be having this referendum. I've been incorrectly called a Ukipper by many on ATS but my vote was tactical for the referendum, and I'm glad all of us who did vote are getting that referendum now.
You can say thanks later if you like

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join