It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your last thought before death?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I died once....I do not know what my last thought was but when I was brought back by paramedics they told me that I began laughing .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Hindsight is 20/20...

I've always liked this quote - "Hindsight: The greatest thing never invented."

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ummm...my last thought could change depending on the situation but most likely eager / afraid to finally know what is beyond death and / or sadness (melancholy) of my memories that I experienced that are long gone. If it was a loved one it would be the feeling of not knowing if I will see him / her again. It is something I dont like to think too much, it will happen eventually anyways.
edit on 21-2-2016 by nito92 because: Small fix

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I imagine myself feeling so bored that there was no point in life, as I had run out of things to occupy myself with.

That is hypothetical though, self-harm is against my principles.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I would imagine most people would be thinking:

I'm afraid.
I don't want to die.
This is it...i'm actually going to die.
I want to say goodbye.
One last kiss.
What will happen.
Will i cease to exist.
I'm feeling much better.
Those berries weren't poisonous.
Wow...that hurts.
Did i leave the stove on.
I wonder if there is a god.
Oh well...i've had a good run, can't complain i suppose.
Will i see anything.
Is this gun loaded.
I've lived a filthy life.
I wish i'd done X Y and Z while i had the chance.
One more minute...just one more bloody minute!
Wait a second, just wait.
Goodbye my loves.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There is no death, just transition. To live is Christ, to die is gain.

No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
I John 4:12-16 NKJV

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Last time I thought I was in serious danger of death, mostly what I was worried about was how embarrassing it was to be in that position, if I was going to die in a proper manly fashion or totally goob out, and if it would be better to die or get caught by the people we were visiting at the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I had a weird experience not too long ago, as out of nowhere, which I wonder if might have been a NDE. There was an escalating static noise, almost like a heavy waterfall, and the vision faded into black from the view perimeter in toward my focused area (I can relate to the whole tunnel thing NDE survivors talk about). An intense feeling of rush, although at the same time a very calming state, and I'd also say it felt oddly comfortable and I felt very safe for some reason, and a somewhat escalating feeling of expectation or bliss, coupled with the feeling of being squeezed into what I suppose would possibly be the death state, I have no idea why I would get this experience all of a sudden. I was unable to move or decide properly. Thundering white noise and a timeless, hypnotic and curious state of «What the hell?!? Is this it?»

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Not sure about my last thought, but my last words might be "Hey, watch this"...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestionThe night before my step dad passed away. I got down on my knees. I prayed to God to take my step dad home. He was so sick with cancer. I believe with all my heart that my prayer was answered because at 5:30 the next morning I got a knock on the hotel room door where I was stay. The local police told me to contact my mom. My step dad took his last breath and passed away. My mom tells me he cough once and said good bye to her. I know the Lord waited to take him home until I finally had to say good bye in my prayers. Mom tells me he had been talking to his mom, dad, and cousins just before he passed on. They where all long dead, before my step dad passed away.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I will be like "Game Over" no saves! damn.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I did what I wanted, what I truly felt was right, regardless.a reply to: onequestion

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Let's reach deep on this one... Imagine yourself in a scenario or someone you love in a scenario where they are encountering their death and pay attention to the emotions that arise and see if your mind anticipates an event or idea about what it is and why is it so important.

Fun little but serious journey like experience to play with in an attempt to try and realign your path with the correct goals in mind.

What do you think? Post experiences below...

A few months ago I was in a near miss on the freeway in what would have otherwise almost certainly been a fatal head on collision. Right as it was about to happen my only thought was "That's disappointing, I wanted to live a bit longer".

It actually surprised me, because for years I've convinced myself that I don't really care if I live or die, all things including life are temporary and when it's over it's over.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

I'm afraid.
I don't want to die.
I want to say goodbye.
One last kiss.
What will happen.
Will i cease to exist.
I'm feeling much better.
Wow...that hurts.
Will i see anything.
Is this gun loaded.
Goodbye my loves.

Every one of those pathetic thoughts will probably get you reincarnated on this hellhole we call Earth. People are so addicted to life & this reality they're bound to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

I'm afraid.
I don't want to die.
I want to say goodbye.
One last kiss.
What will happen.
Will i cease to exist.
I'm feeling much better.
Wow...that hurts.
Will i see anything.
Is this gun loaded.
Goodbye my loves.

This isn't exact, but the closest to my experience. I almost drowned twice, and I thought I was having a stimulant induced heart attack once. My mind was going just like that.

All three of those were absolutely terrifying and traumatic for me, but I now draw strength from those events.

Just wanted to say your example seems very realistic.

Eta: and apparently my thoughts were pathetic. I am under the impression that death always is and always has been the scariest part Iife. I envy those who are so mentally strong that they laugh at death and scoff at pathetic people who don't want to lose their life.

Reincarnation? Pathetic, unfortunately we can't all get it right first try.
edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Lately I've actually liked the idea of reincarnation because it means we get to experience the human experience in every generation. Although, supposedly we have more people on earth now than ever before which to me indicates earth is being purposely flooded with souls for some purpose. This life is so boring & meaningless I would accept pure nothingness over modern society. Anything that's not nothingness is just a bonus.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: GoShredAK

Lately I've actually liked the idea of reincarnation because it means we get to experience the human experience in every generation. Although, supposedly we have more people on earth now than ever before which to me indicates earth is being purposely flooded with souls for some purpose. This life is so boring & meaningless I would accept pure nothingness over modern society. Anything that's not nothingness is just a bonus.

Yeah I love the idea. I wonder if I have lived a life before?

What is the point if we can't remember what we learned in a previous life?

Is it a choice? What's the alternative?

Can we reincarnate on different planets? Different eras?

I would be so bummed to come back to here and now that's for sure.

Life Is not totally boring though, doesn't have to be. Some people grasp life and mold it into a beautiful work of art.

edit on 23-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
What is your last thought before death?

As if anyone can say!
Imagining means nothing but vain ego/wishful thinking; you just have to be there to Know!
Knowledge = experience!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Not sure about my last thought, but my last words might be "Hey, watch this"...

You forgot, "hold my beer",

Just kidding. That was a funny comment, could not help meself.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is how it would be. Your whole life would form a circle around you all at once and you would experience a total and complete memory of all events in a moment of time. Life nor time is linear. It is circular as is everything in the universe. Everything circles everything and even planetary bodies are circular, as are the tiniest bits of matter and energy. We live in a circular experience and move through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join