It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your last thought before death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I wanted to come back.

To many stones left unturned.

It was a massively introspective moment I never forgot.
edit on 2/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You already know what is true...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes I was the space.

I don't know but the entity was in some sort of wavelength frequency like rainbow with different dense areas according to what was there.

You 'were' the space?
No - you are never not the space - the light is forming in you presently.

Imagine for just a moment that you are the tv screen - and pixels of light are moving on you. The moving image appearing on the screen does not effect the screen no matter what is appearing on it.

Is it possible to recognize that you are never appearing in the movie - but that you are the screen, the light and the seeing of the whole show?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Hmmm.

I don't know about that one I'll need more convincing for that.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Look at your direct experience - now.
You can see light. But can you ever see what is seeing?

Everything that is appearing - including the hands, the thoughts and the sensations is made of light. In what (as what) is the light appearing?

edit on 20-2-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

In the mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I say unto you, you shall reap great rewards...
The avatar you have chosen is quite fitting you are that pure...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Oh #

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
one of the big or memorable things about my NDE was the deep & penetrating Coldness down to the very core of my being...(way beyond physical shivering or bone deep cold )
in a short while...the totality of life experiences/memories played out on my internal mind-screen
then, lastly, the bright-light phenomena happened as many others also report...

by this time the 'Shivering Cold' has passed in It's intensity
as I went (almost floated) about in a sort of Telepathic Communication with some disembodied Entity as the feeling of Peace-Serenity-pleasant comfort and One-ness with this other World I found myself in.

then I was suddenly out-of-that-other-World, as I opted to not stay there in a state of perpetual, mild ecstacy...but to continue the life journey here as the Self (my human body)

this post captures the jist of my experience:

a reply to: 5StarOracle

I wanted to come back.

To many stones left unturned.

It was a massively introspective moment I never forgot.

edit on th29145596874120452016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The fact that one has the choice always amazes me, for it is an indication of the great love that is given to us...

I also can't help but wonder if this is an indication for reincarnation.
And if this is the option before us when our former body is beyond repair or no longer fitting to serve the purpose we wish to fulfill.
It would not surprise me... for like I said we are loved that much...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I hope I packed clean underwear...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What song is it...going to hell in a basket , at least I am enjoying the ride

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The last thoughts ...

Personally speaking I know I will regret the things I have done "Wrong" in this life that have caused hurt to others.

I regret those things now ... from time to time they come into my mind to "Haunt" me
Yet regret itself can not change what has passed

All one can do is to be a better person for the time one has here
In that way I can have peace of mind that I tried my very best ... mistakes are how we learn
Though as mentioned ... At the point of death there is a moment of clarity where everything makes sense though that state can not be communicated ...
I have witnessed this ...
A friend for who I cared through her last months confided everything in me ... Her fear her doubts yet also an affirmation of life itself ...
Her fears were not of death but were of her transgressions in her younger days
She firmly believed she would meet her lover but would have to answer to her lover who had died just a few months before.
Her last words were "I am ready"
She died to the sound of children's laughter coming from the neighbouring house.

I saw my Father die just over a year ago ... I was very close to him in fact I feel him near as I speak
In his final hours I watched a change come over him ... He was unable to communicate but taking everything in ... A tear rolled down his cheek ... In my mind he he was aware he would soon leave those he loved and who loved him.
Yet he was calm ... He "Got it" so to speak ... That clarity which comes when we realise what is really important.
We judge ourselves ultimately ... non are perfect ... Yet we understand there is something perfect beyond words which loves us ... In life we try emulate this love to others we share this realm with and regret when we do not

edit on 20-2-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I want to thank you for this thread...

This is one of my favorite's...and find it most fitting to leave here...

BY JOHN DONNE

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;

For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow

Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,

Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,

And soonest our best men with thee do go,

Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.

Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,

And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,

And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well

And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?

One short sleep past, we wake eternally

And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

My last thought would probably be "I wonder what would happen if I just..... Whooops!!!"

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure that quite a few people will die without ever knowing. Say, a sniper shot or something.

The End.

A lot of their last thoughts would probably be quite mundane and personal.
I hope its like going to sleep .
Just dreams.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Forgive my sins, wrap me in your love, I am ready to come home.

You might want to forgive yourself for the silly belief that you were a "sinner" - those beliefs are but BS instilled unto you in order to make you think you were "not good enough" and guilty (of what?), all for the sake of controlling you.
edit on 16201616amk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
On my death bed ...
I would like to be able to smile and give a knowing wink before going home

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The death expierience must be personal and different for everyone, for instance the terminally ill lay in a bed surrounded by his family and waiting for it. As opposed to swinging on the end of the rope or drowning and your body fighting to survive. Then there's the instant death by accident and totally unexpected. Are these people plunged into darkness and not realise they've passed. Does the way you go tie into the paranormal i.e. ghosts interesting subject.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What do you think? Post experiences below...

I don't think many people here, or anywhere for that matter will be able to post experiences before death. I assume you know why.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I wrote about my near death experience a couple of weeks ago.

I saw myself on operating table and then heard my cousin's voice shouting me. I ended up stood on a sphere like earth looking at blackness and stars like I wad looking at the universe. Then a star became brighter and brighter and the silhouette of my cousin was stood in the light and telling me to jump and fly. I was filled with a feeling that was all consuming almost like before an orgasm, I felt exhilerated, scared, happy and sad and then just as I was about to jump I ended up back in theatre with pain in my stomach and echoing voices of staff all around me and then nothing.

My dad died of terminal cancer and right at the end wanted to see a vicar, he suddenly really believed and kept talking about when we were small children and crying almost like grieving for a life gone by but with no fear for where he was going. He thought he saw his mum who died when he was 2 and she was holding her arms out to him telling him to let go.a reply to: onequestion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join