It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your last thought before death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Let's reach deep on this one... Imagine yourself in a scenario or someone you love in a scenario where they are encountering their death and pay attention to the emotions that arise and see if your mind anticipates an event or idea about what it is and why is it so important.

Fun little but serious journey like experience to play with in an attempt to try and realign your path with the correct goals in mind.

What do you think? Post experiences below...
edit on 2/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It is said that many who have come close or actually come back from death itself that thier life does pass before the minds eye as one recounts a flood of memories...
Aside from a reluctance to be separated from those they love regrets are considered for things left undone or deeds which leave guilt and shame.
But the thing that transpires last is a surrender of one's will an overwhelming peace that replaces the anxiety that was so prevalent only mere moments before. It is also claimed that this change happens when a presence is felt nearby the individual, sometimes visualized as a light.

I know for me when my time comes I could see all I have stated above will play it's part. But I am also quite positive I will be asking the Lord to forgive my sins...
One thing is for certain,at some point in the future each and everyone of us will find out first hand...
edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Damn that was a good post.

We will get to experience it, sometimes it scares the # out of me if I'm going to be honest with you.

I learned a little about death from an experience I had once but I have this funny feeling the real thing will be way more intense and final. Ego crushing is an understatement.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I've discussed this quite a few times over the years with a few people.

I think we have a moment of clarity at the big moment. All the things we didn't understand while we trudged through life become very clear and we have the final "Oh, #" moment. Not that we did or were doing anything wrong but rather, "Damn, was that all it was or how could I have not seen the solution or situation for what it was...?"

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think it's important to die as conscious as possible. Not too many pain killers to ruin the moment, that you'll only ever experience once. Hope fully I will have given up any attachments by this moment, so it won't be to distressing for me or anyone close

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Like a recap to a video game?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Well during my experience I suddenly "realized" I was dead and immediately reacted strongly to it. I was freaking out eventually after a few short periods of amazement and bewilderment.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Their life flashed before their eyes...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

What is the explanation for this? What is that?

Oh that probably deserves its own thread.

Do you mean their life was over so fast that it was like it flashed before their eyes or do they mean like a life review?
edit on 2/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The last thought will be................... Can't wait to die.

I love life, sometimes it is great sometimes it is painful. The fact that you are about to give up your body/material posessions and become an orb of light able to fly to other worlds/planets is something I just can't wait for.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Hindsight is 20/20...
Combine that with your neurons firing at a rate you have never known as your brain struggles to calculate a way to save you and searches itself for the answer...
Thus providing the answer to many of life previously now insignificant problems...
Ya I can buy that without any problem at all...
edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Do you think that experience ends there or do you think it goes deeper than that?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

What brings you to this orb of light conclusion?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I could tell you things fill the rest of the page with a reply...

Instead I will just say death of the body in no way is the end of who you really are. The presence that brings you peace that speaks to you and you with it has defeated death see,it really has no power over you.
And I can promise you that is true...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Just from personal experiences. Maybe real, maybe I'm cuckoo. Just my personal belief from past things. We actually become born when we die sort of thing, we go to heaven, we don't need planes anymore, we can fly to heaven

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Is death the only way?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

"Last Thoughts"

Our brains are pretty sophisticated computing devices, when we are dying, all the less than primary functions are shutting down which frees up all that amazing computing power and it deciphers everything that befuddled us [Both big and small] *Mostly self inflicted, in life, at a blistering fast pace.

"All other priorities are rescinded
edit on 20-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Are you assuming this is still a smaller part in a bigger puzzle or is it biomechanics?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Well during my experience I suddenly "realized" I was dead and immediately reacted strongly to it.

You say you realized that you were dead? If there was 'something' knowing 'you' were dead then what was dead?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Forgive my sins, wrap me in your love, I am ready to come home.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join