It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Graner Punched Iraqi Prisoner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Spc. Charles Graner Jr. is being tried in court for Iraqi prisoner abuse. A military guard testified that he saw Charles punch an Iraqi detainee in the face after a photo was taken at Abu Ghraib prison. Another witness said Charles was laughing and having a good time while making naked prisoners pose for pictures. Witnessss say Charles Graner was the ring leader.

story.news.yahoo.com
FORT HOOD, Texas - A military guard testified Monday that he saw Spc. Charles Graner Jr. punch an Iraqi detainee in the face a moment after a notorious photo was taken at Abu Ghraib prison.

Another witness said Graner was "laughing and having a good time" while making naked prisoners pose.

Spc. Matthew Wisdom, the first witness in Graner's prisoner abuse court-martial, said Graner was among a number of guards who roughed up detainees on Nov. 7, 2003. Graner is the first soldier to be tried in the case, and prosecutors say he was the ringleader of the abuse.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This Iraqi prisoner abuse is sickening. I hope Graner gets locked up for his crimes, but who actually gave the orders for this to be done. These intelligence agents that told him to do this need to be locked up also. Plus those who gave orders to the intelligence agents, perhaps Bush himself.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting that the prosecutors say that Graner was the ringleader of the abuse. Perhaps they have instructions for the whole sordid episode to stop with him and not go up any higher ?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And maybe they plan on implicating him, instead of thenselves. He could be the fall guy for his co-conspirators as well as the higher levels of the defense department.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
And maybe they plan on implicating him, instead of thenselves. He could be the fall guy for his co-conspirators as well as the higher levels of the defense department.

This is what it will probably come down to, charges against Graner only. Orders most likely came from Bush and his lackies and they will get away with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My question is this, Garner is an E-4 (SP4). Where is the rest of the chain of command? I can not beleive that an E-4 could get away with being the ringleader, when there should be an E-5, E-6, E-7, 2LT,CPT all in the legal chain of command. I'm surly not saying what was done was right, but this whole thing STINKS.

top topics

join