It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something really weird just happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't know what the hell just happened. I went to go to "Recent threads" and this weird box popped up saying "Authentication required. This site requires your user name and password" or something like that, followed by a box for my username and another for password. It did it every time I tried to click something.The page looked weird, too. Like it was all white with links going down the page and nothing at all like the ATS page. I'd never seen this before. Finally, fed up and unsure what else to do, I entered my username and password but it still kept popping up. I clicked one of the links and wonder of wonders it started working like normal. Is anyone else having this problem? Did I just get hacked or something? Should I change my password? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Same thing happened to me and then the site was down for a few minutes. Seems fine now.
edit on 20-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

yeah me too but never worked. Not sure what is going one but none of my anti virus or other IP bocks showed it to be a real event. It may just be a glitch but waiitng to find out.

Everything ok now for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed
Okay so it wasn't just me. I even opened a new browser to see what would happen and got the same thing. Thanks.

edit on 20-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I had the same thing happen, a dev.abovetop-etc log-in box. And it was all wonky in the layout & colors and such site-wide.

I assume it has something to do with the changes SO posted about?
edit on 2/20/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
Same thing happened to me and I freaked cause I don't remember my password! It's automated.

link   
Everyone wipe your hard drives! With a rag or something!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I just saw that thread SO put up. It makes sense. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Same here.
I posted about it in S.O's thread about the changes just now.

Now laughing at myself for being paranoid. Thought I'd really messed up and had the wolves on me or something.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Me too, and now i keep having an annoying ad pop-up at the bottom of the screen every time i refresh a page.

Ugh, hate that.

link   
The same thing happened to me too. But I'm glad the site is back up and running. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

link   
a reply to: Rocketgirl

Same situation. Resolved now.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Happened to us all. I assume So was changing things around and caused a temporary hiccup.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks, all. I just popped over to SO's update thread and people are talking about it there. It was the updates I guess. Wow, for a second there I was getting nervous until I saw others had the same issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Same thing.

I cleared my cookies, did a reboot and it came back okay.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I run a forum too, and when messing with IIS in Windows Server, if you change permissions for a moment, or change other settings, you'll get the windows logon box. other times it'll say 'Access denied, blah blah'..

I knew it would be back, good stuff!! Site is looking awesome!!! (if only we could change the emoticons
(or at least make them smaller so they don't make it look like text is on a second line down. weird..

I could make some for you, just give me a theme, or color set you'd like guys (admin, mods etc). I can make them static or animated.. and with a transparency.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

Any new attempts at emoticons would need to be as a CSS sprite.
So no animations.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I don't know what the hell just happened. I went to go to "Recent threads" and this weird box popped up saying "Authentication required. This site requires your user name and password" or something like that, followed by a box for my username and another for password. It did it every time I tried to click something.The page looked weird, too. Like it was all white with links going down the page and nothing at all like the ATS page. I'd never seen this before. Finally, fed up and unsure what else to do, I entered my username and password but it still kept popping up. I clicked one of the links and wonder of wonders it started working like normal. Is anyone else having this problem? Did I just get hacked or something? Should I change my password? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I saw it too.

I would guess that they restarted their database server with user account details offline for a bit.

Looks OK now.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
All your base are belong to us!

edit on 20-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Why do I always miss out on the cool stuff? Every time I open ATS, it's always there. Always rock solid. I never get to see anything weird going on. I'm feeling slighted.

Can I have SO make my account do something weird next time I log in just so I can say I saw something?

BTW... the new updates look great.

edit on 2/20/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join