It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More ATS Redesigns and Refreshes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Don't do it, man.
Didn't you hear that the tinfoil increases the signal from the mind control devices!!!

(You're welcome for saving you from that, in advance and all)

LOL LOL

Ok....I quit. Before S.O. gets mad because we're spamming his thread with off topic stuff.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think they are saying that when you go to "new" or "recent"....the list there.
It does seem like the text might be just a bit smaller, but I can't really tell because I zoom on this site a bit anyways. Eyes aren't the greatest.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

It might be a slight, tad, little bit smaller. But those pages are next on the list for a design refresh.

Getting rid of the very-2013 rounded corners and favoring crisp clean lines.

And in my opinion, the light version of the site is the only version one should use.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Like I said, I can't really tell one way or another. Could just be that someone mentioned it that I feel it looks a bit smaller, but if it is it isn't much.

Getting rid of the very-2013 rounded corners and favoring crisp clean lines.

Oh yeah!

I love me some crisp clean lines.

And in my opinion, the light version of the site is the only version one should use.

No...just no.
We part ways on that one. LOL
I read here in the dark, a lot. Can't take the light in my eyes. Or are you trying to run me off

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Can we PLEASE get rid of those horrible pop ups?

One of the reasons I abandoned this thread for a hiatus was because I was constantly getting asked something about some US president in some kind of poll. Every time I refreshed and went back to the forum page it would pop up again.

A good website should NEVER annoy its user-base and unfortunately that's what those ATS pop ups do.
edit on 20-2-2016 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

What kind of pop-up are you getting. I've tested on several different browsers, and the only thing that would resemble a "pop-up" is a bottom-of-screen ad for mobile users who aren't logged in.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

To be honest it was a while ago. I know it wasn't an ad or anything like that as I use various adblocks etc - it was more of a poll advertisement or something that kept popping up every time I visited the 'recent' tab and it would appear at the bottom.

It was definitely ATS affiliated (as it had the same design as the site) and consisted of things like 'polls' on various subjects and such.

But to be honest this was a while ago and I've not noticed it recently upon my return? Maybe it was a series of one off things?

Thanks for the reply.
edit on 20-2-2016 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Blasphemy! I don't know how your eyes can take it, I can't bare the few times I see it when I have to re-log in every so often

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Also regarding the light/dark. I much prefer the dark background, as it is easier on the eyes, especially us night owls with tired eyes

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Why did I just have to listen to you and try it? Now I'm blinded. My retinas will never be the same again.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Give it time. Seriously. You will come out of the dark.

Once you get used to it, you realize it's not really white.

And in reality, with modern monitors, a light background with your brightness turned down a bit, is MUCH better on your eyes. Trust me, I wouldn't lead you wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

No, no, no....

I can turn my brightness all the way down and it's still bright to me.
Of course, I've use a program that allows me to turn all the websites I visit to a black (or gray) background, so I guess it's whatever you get used to.

Good luck convincing the night owls here at ATS that light is the way to go though. I doubt you'll have much luck with the majority (which I wager prefer the dark background)

....wait a minute....you aren't trying to sell us on this "light is good" idea because you're going to take away our precious dark background, are you? OH god...please tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'll try it then.

By the way, did you know that if you leave your car headlights on all night it will keep them from freezing over in the winter time?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Jakal26

False flag! Dark4Life!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join