It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Kills 19 Iraqi Civilians In Two Incidents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Link

" United States soldiers may have killed as many as 19 Iraqi civilians in two incidents over the weekend"

To tho people who support this war, i ask you why you consider these acts acceptable to "liberate" and catch "terrorists"

If you ask me this kind of thing is just as bad as 9/11 which started the whole crusade against oil rich arab countries.

It is the people who keeps bush in power who have these victims blood on there hands, i hop you act soon before your nation becomes the most hated in the world

Mod Edit: fixed link

[edit on 10-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Innocent people will always die in war...you dont think innocent germans died in WW2?...How about Japanese?...it happens...theres nothing good about it but it happens...Grow up...please...its not possible to reconstruct a dictatorship through force w/o people dying...Japan took 5 years to rebuild after WW2...Germany took longer...Iraq needs time...in a few years people will be commending the US for this...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
Link

" United States soldiers may have killed as many as 19 Iraqi civilians in two incidents over the weekend"

To tho people who support this war, i ask you why you consider these acts acceptable to "liberate" and catch "terrorists"

If you ask me this kind of thing is just as bad as 9/11 which started the whole crusade against oil rich arab countries.

It is the people who keeps bush in power who have these victims blood on there hands, i hop you act soon before your nation becomes the most hated in the world

How do you tell "civilians" from terrorist? Both were the same clothes, there is no "uniform" for terrorist. So dead terrorist "cowards" who hide among the real civilians look the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What "war" is going on ? It's not as though they were going on a bombing run against enemy infrastructure and the night watchman got killed. These guys were dropping "smart" bombs in neighbourhoods ! Oops ! Wrong house. Children being bombed to smithereens are being touted by the US military as "possibly" innocent civilians. Jeeze !

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ok...no war...conflict...like nam was for 10 years...being technical isnt going to help the situation....we still have 4 area of Iraq which are filled with bad people (ill keep it simple)...there will be fighting until there is stability in this areas...people will die...its that simple..."smart" bombs are only as smart as the people who use them...and the intel behind them...people make mistakes...it happens..

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mistakes, I can accept.

But when it is swept away in such blase fashion as children being bombed to pieces as "possibly" innocent civilians, then this is where the commanders/spokesperson for the US military draws my ire.

I said this in another post : more than a year on after the hullaballoo of "shock and awe", the need to drop aerial bombs on neighbourhoods still exists. This just goes to show that the military planners have assessed that they cannot safely (for their own safety and not anyone elses') send in ground troops to those areas and therefore subject women and children to the risk of oops, "possibly" innocent CHILDREN being killed.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dude its over 100,000 innocent people who have been killed in this so called "war". How many American civilians have been killed? Is 100,000 innocent civilians a good enough price to pay for liberation that these people probably didnt want. Not everyone in the world needs to be in a democratic society some people need a Dictator like Saddam. Why cant the US go liberate the Palestinian people the same people who have been begging for freedom for the last 4 decades.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Link

AMERICAN ALL THE WAY!!!

[edit on 10-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Link

Well, you must be one of those anti-war Americans. Ignorance and no moral conception of the real world. I would doubt that you have been overseas, or you would know better and understand what our troops are going through, and why. Enlighten me of figures of how many children were dying in Iraq before we even got there? Read about that in your think tank. Anti-American in my book, kiss my Veteran American A**!!
We are hated for years by other countries, do you need passage to another country?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ancient Sailor, whilst I don't agree that the civilian deaths are being brought about on purpose, surely there is something very wrong with the public relations machinery.

As I said earlier, mistakes are mistakes, but when faced with them (especially in these cases where children were bombed dead in their own homes), I would expect a whole lot more contrition than "deeply regrets the loss of lives of POSSIBLY innocent civilians". Children man, we are talking about children here as POSSIBLY innocent. You may not accept this but this sort of attitude is feeding the anti-American sentiment.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientsailor

Well, you must be one of those anti-war Americans. Ignorance and no moral conception of the real world. I would doubt that you have been overseas, or you would know better and understand what our troops are going through, and why. Enlighten me of figures of how many children were dying in Iraq before we even got there? Read about that in your think tank. Anti-American in my book, kiss my Veteran American A**!!
We are hated for years by other countries, do you need passage to another country?

Uh please do not mistake me for a american.... Annd And i understand what your troops are going thru, why? they are doing it for money, or because they have been lied to... "cowards" do not give up there life for a belief, cowards drop bombs and murder innocent children... You say anything that happens is "ok in war" this point of view is sick in it self, in that view terrosm is ok, in that view the people who crashed planes into 9/11 where solldiers, not murderers and terrorists...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
oh i cant wait for this to be happening on US soil. A little bit of their own medicine for those that can justify these kind of actions. It will eventually you know, its gonna make a full circle and it you in the a.. You can quote me on that.

Ill bring popcorn and beer!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
Dude its over 100,000 innocent people who have been killed in this so called "war". How many American civilians have been killed? Is 100,000 innocent civilians a good enough price to pay for liberation that these people probably didnt want. Not everyone in the world needs to be in a democratic society some people need a Dictator like Saddam. Why cant the US go liberate the Palestinian people the same people who have been begging for freedom for the last 4 decades.

great post man!

but i must correct you a little:

people need somebody to united them and guide them, a real leader not a false ruler, a dictator, a liar. a dictator keeps his nation in fear and terror, so they obey everything he wants. saddam was like that. but he kept the nation "togather", with force. now it is in a delicate, revolutionary state, where everybody want their piece of land and power. a very bad case of anarchy.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah... the US whines constantly about 9/11 then lets this kind of thing happen in iraq, and supports terrorist nation Isreal in killing and dehousing thousands of innocent people, It will be a great day for the world when america is taken off the map...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
in a few years people will be commending the US for this...

Which people? Commending the US for what exactly?

Very interested in commendations where they are due.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Only fools would compare Iraq with WW2. Yet when it comes to comparing it with Vietnam, the whining and boohoo's never cease. We all know who needs to grow up.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Please... please stop saying that "Innocence always die in war".

If this is common knowledge that civilians always die in war, then the second someone like G.W Bush mentions the word 'war' in an aggressive sense he should be arrested for murder on the spot.

That would be the logical thing to do.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Watched a couple of videos of Fallujah and the "fighting"that is going no there recently. The entire place seems like ground zero. What on earth happened to the homes, families and everything else ? The videos showed the US troops taking things pretty easy and just pumping round after round of munitions into buildings. God only knows what the bill will be when it comes to reconstruction. Even the Khmer Rouge left more of Phnmo Penh intact when they overran Cambodia and started a mass genocide for years.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dixon
..God only knows what the bill will be when it comes to reconstruction.

but there is re-construction goin on in iraq!
but not in fallujah.
i belive the u.s. forces have re-constructed all the oil pipes and the oil wells so that there is no problem with oil flow.
who cares about the civilan population, they are not a priority here!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by BasementAddix
in a few years people will be commending the US for this...

Which people? Commending the US for what exactly?

Very interested in commendations where they are due.

The iraqi's....When they have rights....and have an ELECTED official in office...they'll be thank us...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join