It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Aliens Visit US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I completely agree with your points. I myself don't consider ants and other hivemind creatures to be beneath me in the social order; I believe that the general mindset of humanity is to consider "bugs" of little consequence, unless said bugs are attempting to enter or scavenge from a human's structure.

For all we know, a hivemind-type ET might well feel more aligned to ants and bees than the humans that appear to infest the surface of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

I completely agree with your points. I myself don't consider ants and other hivemind creatures to be beneath me in the social order; I believe that the general mindset of humanity is to consider "bugs" of little consequence, unless said bugs are attempting to enter or scavenge from a human's structure.

For all we know, a hivemind-type ET might well feel more aligned to ants and bees than the humans that appear to infest the surface of the Earth.

Its a Basic Fact ,, that Ants and their cousins, the Wasps.

we all heard the Tale of Man, having Reptilian Mind .. Up to a degree ,
but its more of a Social Insect Eusociality
that Humans have Evolved too ..

Eusociality
en.wikipedia.org...

as the things i have said in the previous Post ,

Especially:
Farming with bacteria , having live stock using them like cattle
Keeping other Ants as Slaves! or Servants.
Improvising like using themselves as a Bridge ... or Creating a Raft
to go across a body of water.. or Team Work of moving Heavy Objects ..
building structures dwellings ... barriers , harvesting . moving locations etc.

For being a big Fan of Science Fiction of Pulp Magazines..

I notice The Aliens it Shows ... in Pulp Mags of the 1920s 1930s

The Some were Insect or lobster Looking Creatures with Spaceships
Then in ( 2009 ) ( 83 years later )
a Movie called District 9 showing close to the same type of E.T.s ( Aliens )

Seem's like Old Scifi Pulp Writers , Thought the Same.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

It is sad there have been so many aliens visiting here already and most people simply don't have the brains to comprehend it. Decades of data, but just add in the ridicule factor and it is completely denied, and that denial is defended forever by sheer wanton ignorance.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yes, and ants "keeping" aphids as 'cows', and milking them. Interesting ant fact: Fire ants get into electrical switches and often short them out as their fellows just. keep. coming. until the contacts of the switches are bridged and shorted. Why do they keep killing themselves?

It turns out that when fire ants die violently or suddenly, the release a powerful pheromone, which basically communicates the message: "Send help! Come quickly! Danger!" (paraphrasing imagined ant language). Each one keeps stepping up to the plate to answer their programmed call. It's NOT that they aren't smart enough to see the danger, it's that their programming demands it. They are completely willing to sacrifice the individual for the good of the colony. Imo, the concept of "individual" has no meaning for the hivemind.

I could certainly see how an evolutionary path different from our own might favor such a collective socialization. I could also see where "they" might not value the individual in any way that was meaningful to humans; what we might consider to be horrific, they might think of as an interesting experiment.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Yes, and ants "keeping" aphids as 'cows', and milking them. Interesting ant fact: Fire ants get into electrical switches and often short them out as their fellows just. keep. coming. until the contacts of the switches are bridged and shorted. Why do they keep killing themselves?

It turns out that when fire ants die violently or suddenly, the release a powerful pheromone, which basically communicates the message: "Send help! Come quickly! Danger!" (paraphrasing imagined ant language). Each one keeps stepping up to the plate to answer their programmed call. It's NOT that they aren't smart enough to see the danger, it's that their programming demands it. They are completely willing to sacrifice the individual for the good of the colony. Imo, the concept of "individual" has no meaning for the hivemind.

I could certainly see how an evolutionary path different from our own might favor such a collective socialization. I could also see where "they" might not value the individual in any way that was meaningful to humans; what we might consider to be horrific, they might think of as an interesting experiment.

Pheromones The Scent .. leading to Death ! Literately

The Circle/Ring of Death One Example .. The Pheromones scent is Like
Cat Nip LOL Especially too Fire Ants as there are

Well its been Studied that Ants Do Learn and Remember..

Another Difference between Ant/ Termites / Wasps / Bees and Humans is
Something called Castes what makes an Ant a Carpenter or a Soldier
of what Rations ( Amount ) they Eat .. and what they Eat..
Humans have Something Similar ..
Blind or Nearly Blind .. Ants and Humans have a Utopian
or Dystopian ... Society..

As Now Our Leaders.
Want a Fricken Orwellian Hived Society and there is One
Country that has been for the last 50 years North Korea .

I can Picture E.T.s Having a Sentient High intellect Hive Society.

Interstellar Space Travel ...

But Empathy would be A Bitch ( The Feels )
and that what makes us Different from Ants ..

According to Some
Alien Greys are in that Category of a Insect non emotional Society
but then again Star Trek claimed to Famed favorite Vulcan Spock
has half the Empathy . on his Human Side .. but rarely shows it !

but that a Big Question isn't ?

Let Say Interstellar Travel in a Generation Ship that goes FTL
and a Ship takes 50 years ( lyrs ) to its Destination .. a Habitable Planet
( just think Pandorium or Avatar )

What type of Society would Survive better in a Generation Ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join