It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: ‘If I Were African-American, I Would Be so Angry’ at Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Candidate Donald Trump said at his rally today.

Trump cites (increasing?) high poverty and unemployment under Obama's 7 years in office would make him mad if he himself were Black.

And of course he has plans to make everything better within a year if elected President !!!

This should get him how many votes?

Donald Trump: ‘If I Were African-American, I Would Be so Angry’ at Obama

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told a room full of supporters Friday that if he were president, he “will do more for the African-American people in one year than Barack Obama has done in his seven year, soon to be eight years.”

“If I were African-American, I would be so angry at him,” Trump added.

The Republican frontrunner brought up Obama’s record on black unemployment, which the real estate mogul says has soared under the first black president’s watch.

“African-American youth has an almost 60 percent unemployment rate,” Trump said. “African-American people that are 25, prime-time age, 25 to 40, have such a high unemployment rate, you wouldn’t believe it. It’s gone up and it’s gotten worse since he’s been president.”

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And if Obama had a son... what a joke, lol.

Political pandering at its absolute finest.

Donald Trump hasn't the slightest clue as to what generational poverty is, and I have a very hard time considering the notion that he even cares.

You're not an African-American, Trump - you've been handed everything on a silver platter, and "built your own business," off of a "small loan of a million dollars," adjusted for inflation is how many millions, again?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Should white people also be just as upset because he is half white and white people are also unemployed.

You know what? He's the president and someone, somewhere, is always gonna be pissed at him. As far as I'm concerned that's the presidents main job, being a public punching bag.

But good to see billionaire Trump understands the plight of the impoverished black community and wouldn't at all be pandering...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You know, I am a bit annoyed that Trump gets attacked for the small-loan-statement.

A million dollars ARE a small business loan. Seriously. RomeByFire, I am not trying to be an ass to you, but people that knocks him for that really comes off as ignorant and clueless (to put it a bit harshly). I am not suggesting that anyone can borrow a million dollars, but as business loans goes, this really is a fairly small one.

Also, I am annoyed because there are so many legitimate ways to attack him that it is just counter productive to attack him for the easily defendable stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why do conservatives think that "I'm not Obama" is a viable platform for a presidential bid.

Solid ideas mr. Trump or just STFU.
edit on 19-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You're not an African-American, Trump - you've been handed everything on a silver platter, and "built your own business," off of a "small loan of a million dollars," adjusted for inflation is how many millions, again?

That's like saying a Dr. who has never had cancer can't diagnose it. That's a ridiculous argument.
edit on 19-2-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The black people I know are pretty disappointed to say the least. As for Your question, "how many votes does he think this will get him" ? Check out the vote count in South Carolina tomorrow and get back to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Trump will get a decent number of black votes. Even if what he says is true, the black vote is still largely monolithic. Democrats have brain washed the black community to thinking racism is our biggest issue and have done an equally impressive job of branding the Republicans as racist.

The Republican platform could be $1 million in reparations for every black person and a guaranteed spot at Harvard and most still wouldn't vote for a Republican for the belief that the party is racist even if we can show that liberal policies are primarily responsible for the sad condition of the black community today.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This should get him how many votes?

None. The Black vote will go to Clinton or Sanders; no way they'll ever vote for Trump. They see him as a racist fascist.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just when you think Trump couldn't possibly find another laughably outrageous thing to say, he pulls another fast one. The Teflon Don.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
Just when you think Trump couldn't possibly find another laughably outrageous thing to say, he pulls another fast one. The Teflon Don.

If Trump gets the nomination, it will The Teflon Don vs The Teflon Donna.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This guy is a F******* comedian. Let him be the POTUS, and I could sit back & have a laugh while I drink my beer!
edit on 19-2-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why do conservatives think that "I'm not Obama" is a viable platform for a presidential bid.

By now it should be for everyone. Not just conservatives. Take a look around.The only things he has gotten done were not passed through Congress.He had his "pen and phone". And even those turned out to be the worst trash in the history of this country (well , nearly)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Should white people also be just as upset because he is half white

And how often is this fact brought up? NEVER!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

adjusted for inflation is how many millions, again?

Under the assumption he received that loan around the age of 24, 45 years ago in 1971, today it would have a value of $5,849,777.78. Just under six million.

If he received it at the age of 40, in 1987, it would have a value of $2,085,528.17. About two million.
edit on 20/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't know why they would be angry. It isn't like they are Americans who live in the cities that have been affected by the de-industrialisation of America those free trade deals like the TPP have caused. They should be happy the elite gave them a half black President and promoted causes like BLM that actually really help them somehow.
edit on 20-2-2016 by DeadAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
White ppl are angry because Obama never turned out to be the Muslim king who takes away your guns bogeyman the republicans have been saying he is. Makes a lot of pundits look like liars. Black ppl are angry because they thought two terms of a black president would ease systemic racism, which of course it hasn't. At most he's only shown a few white ppl that systemic racism is still a thing.

The President doesn't have the power to change that kind of systemic racism, congressman and statesmen have to be elected and they have to change it themselves. Republicans aren't going to make that an issue and most democrats won't either. And besides, in the words of Jeff Daniels: "if democrats are so fking smart how come they lose so fking always." republicans vote more when it matters while democrats refuse to vote if it's not a presidential race, lazy bastards lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Teflon....I don't think so. The GOP is so pissed at Trumps alienating every one except older white male; there is no way in hell the RNC will nominate The Donald. He only has himself to blame for running his mouth like an adolescent.

With out a good sizable chunk of the minority vote; Trump is DOA.
edit on 20-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join