It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. College Students Can't Identify Reagan… OR JOE BIDEN!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
In the defense of those who could not identify Joe Biden, he has done very little publicly in the time he has been in office. (he may be doing lots behind the scenes, but if so, he sure isn't making any noise about it) Dick Cheney, the last vice president, was in the news almost daily, by comparison. (and I'm in Canada) It's still pretty sad if people can't identify their own vice president, but it's not like he's been in the newspaper every day like Cheney.

He sits behind the president during the state of the union. The whole time. I figure people should watch that, unfortunately they probably do not.

Oh, and, you know, he is the Vice President!
edit on 19-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya small sample sizes and edited videos!

How many sample sizes does it take to add up to a significant portion of Americans? I mean, there are a lot of those videos.

I'd say each individual in those videos that can cast a vote counts...

It isn't a real research study, nor a real "sample size," i.e. scientifically and statistically created. Hence you cannot extrapolate. Research methods 101. Research methods and scientific validity are subjects that even less Americans know about.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I will admit I did not know what reagan looked like till I was about 20. and not until I learned a bit about politics. I was born in 1990.
I hear more about this prophet Reagan today than I did 10 years ago.

Paul mcartney I still do not know. Do most older people know what band Justin Timberlake was in? Pop questions are idiotic.

school didn't teach after ww2 for some reaason. It'd be nice if they taught modern politic and geo politics but that would lead to an informed electorate. They spend way too much time on times and places like ancient egypt.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join