It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. College Students Can't Identify Reagan… OR JOE BIDEN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here's another one of those "let's see who know what" videos.

This one focuses on college students at George Mason University in Washington D.C.

They show some pictures of Ronald Reagan and Joe Biden.

The results are sad because it seems the students are befuddled and confused.

I wonder if the government is watching when approving student loans !!

Today's high school graduates are entering college with a frighteningly low knowledge of American history and apparently they're not learning much more once they arrive at university.

Video after video of college students failing to identify previous presidents or political figures continue to flood the Internet, and in this latest from PoliTech, a political organization out of Lubbock, Texas, has them at George Mason University -- in the nation's capitol, no less -- to see how much they know about American politics. And it's totally depressing.

The students they spoke with couldn't identify former President Ronald Reagan when shown his photo. Worse yet, they couldn't even identify current Vice President Joe Biden. But it's okay because at least they could identify someone important: Kim Kardashian!

Free College for ALL !!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya small sample sizes and edited videos!

Great way to paint a broad brush right?
It is sad that those kids didn't know who they were outside of Kim, but she is forced down their throats way more than Ronnie or Joe.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's okay, everything will be fine. Rock the vote will be here shortly.
edit on 19/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen George Mason strikes again! Many of the signatories on the letter supporting RICO prosecution of those who would dare to deny anthropogenic climate change are professors at George Mason.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The problem with this video is you see maybe 10 different people throughout the video. I'm sure politech interviewed hundreds of students.

Of course some will be current issues inept individuals. They make it look like every student lives in a hole, and only comes out so they can keep up with the kardashians.

I refuse to believe this is a majority of college students. Show me the numbers across the bored of interviewees, not a short video that fits your companies narrative that all millennialis are ignoramus snowflakes.

I can agree it's despicable even this many kids on a campus are clueless... However don't tell me it's the vast majority.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I always wonder what affect the camera and them knowing they are under pressure has. It shouldn't have any, with what should be simple questions of who are these well known figures are but people react different under pressure.

They did a video on Texas Tech too, wasn't much better.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How many sample sizes does it take to add up to a significant portion of Americans? I mean, there are a lot of those videos.

I'd say each individual in those videos that can cast a vote counts...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

There is ~33k people enrolled at that school, and there is just under 20 people in the video.
A recurring theme in videos like this.

I'd say each individual in those videos that can cast a vote counts.

You are right, just like the ones they asked that answered them correctly. You could safely assume that for every one that didn't know, one did. There is 32,980 people that we have no idea how they answered but hey lets use the 20 they showed to create our opinion!
edit on thFri, 19 Feb 2016 17:48:28 -0600America/Chicago220162880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The have been doing these things forever and they do them all over the world now. It may not be on the up and up, and it requires some creative editing but, as a form or entertainment they are very popular. They are made to be funny and make you feel superior. Some things translate well all over the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
these videos are so dumb. often heavily edited. Dumb people exists everywhere even in college. And even if they couldn't identify politicians, who cares. There's more things to worry about than politics and politicians.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
these videos are so dumb. often heavily edited. Dumb people exists everywhere even in college. And even if they couldn't identify politicians, who cares. There's more things to worry about than politics and politicians.

But don't you think people should know who is manipulating their futures?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Are those twenty the people that are 'manipulating' our futures?
This doesn't show anything but that there are twenty people at that college that couldn't ID Biden or Reagan but they could ID the person that is blasted in our media day after day it seems.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Morons
/

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Some typical Jay Leno/Tonight Show questions asked in the past of students on the streets of LA.

Q-"Who did we fight in the Vietnam War?" A-"Oh. Germany?"
Q-"The World Trade Center was in what city?" A-"Washington?"
Q-"Who is the Vice President?" A-"Ronald Reagan?"
Q-"Who fought the US Civil War?" A-"France and Mexico?"
Q-"Where is Niagra falls?" A-"Africa. Nigeria?"
Q-"Who killed Abraham Lincoln?" A-"Lee Harvey Oswald!"
Q-"Paul McCartney was a member of what famous rock group?" "That old dude? Yeah! I know! That really old band WINGS, right?"

Sad.....and our future is in their hands?

*PS True story. On a hiking trail I encountered a hiker stopped looking up at the sky and down at his compass...then back to the sky and back to the compass as he stood on the North trail. I glanced at his compass and saw it pointing dead ahead-north. The hiker looked at me and then the compass and asked "Hey man? Which way is NORTH?"

"Its opposite of SOUTH", I replied....and headed off-trail crosswise west into the woods. He was just standing there dumbfounded and now totally confused.

DOOMED I say...we're all doomed!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Great way to paint a broad brush right?
It is sad that those kids didn't know who they were outside of Kim, but she is forced down their throats way more than Ronnie or Joe.

I agree with much of what you said, but do you think if it was unbiased with the whole college participating the result would be much different?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i have said it before and i will say it again :

these " polls " are utter bollox

they are ONLY interested in wrong answers

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Completely. I would guess a high percentage of the student body could answer them correctly.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh look, Truth Revolt, another highly partisan website with an agenda to push with none other than a comment from the 'David Horowitz Freedom Centre'

www.davidhorowitzfreedomcenter.org...

I. Identify the enemy
II. Devise ways to defeat him

The David Horowitz Freedom Center is unique among conservative think tanks whose emphasis is on public policy and institutional reform in that it sees its role as that of a battle tank, geared to fight a war that many still don’t recognize. For 27 years, since its founding in 1988, the Center has been warning that the political left has declared war on America and its constitutional system, and is willing to collaborate with America’s enemies abroad and criminals at home to bring America down. For most of those years the Center was a voice crying in the wilderness with few willing to recognize the threat from the enemy within, a fifth column force that was steadily expanding its influence within the Democratic Party. With the election of a lifetime radical to the White House in 2008, the perceptions of conservatives began to change. But the Center remains unique as an organization dedicated to the war and to developing strategies to win it.

Nope, no agenda to push, no selective editing of videos, and no small sample size selection.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In the defense of those who could not identify Joe Biden, he has done very little publicly in the time he has been in office. (he may be doing lots behind the scenes, but if so, he sure isn't making any noise about it) Dick Cheney, the last vice president, was in the news almost daily, by comparison. (and I'm in Canada) It's still pretty sad if people can't identify their own vice president, but it's not like he's been in the newspaper every day like Cheney.
edit on 19-2-2016 by DragonsDemesne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's another one of those "let's see who know what" videos.

This one focuses on college students at George Mason University in Washington D.C.

They show some pictures of Ronald Reagan and Joe Biden.

The results are sad because it seems the students are befuddled and confused.

I wonder if the government is watching when approving student loans !!

Today's high school graduates are entering college with a frighteningly low knowledge of American history and apparently they're not learning much more once they arrive at university.

Video after video of college students failing to identify previous presidents or political figures continue to flood the Internet, and in this latest from PoliTech, a political organization out of Lubbock, Texas, has them at George Mason University -- in the nation's capitol, no less -- to see how much they know about American politics. And it's totally depressing.

The students they spoke with couldn't identify former President Ronald Reagan when shown his photo. Worse yet, they couldn't even identify current Vice President Joe Biden. But it's okay because at least they could identify someone important: Kim Kardashian!

Free College for ALL !!!!

These students are really phooking retarded -

I think there are millions of uneducated college grads, and millions of extremely knowledgable ones too.

Who needs college though, just give them $10 an hour service jobs or put them on wealthier, that's the answer!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join