It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan slandered by Christians, God's loyal servant.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lets face it, the only book in the bible were Satan is doing anything other than his job as The Adversary of man, the temper even. He was not Lucifer (there is no Lucifer), and is not a fallen angel and if you fall for his tricks it's your fault.

He also was not that talking probably bipedal serpent of Eden fame because that guy was turned into a belly crawling reptile/serpent and there ain't no coming back from that.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metatron365

Your OP is bewildering and doesn't have much (if any) substance. No offense intended, but please try harder next time. The thread title was more exciting.

Also, three Hail Satans. Just for fun.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeerYou just don't appreciate it's brevity. Lots of words isn't always a necessity as I'm sure the facts support my statement (biblically). You can add something if you find it lacking.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatron365
Lots of words isn't always a necessity as I'm sure the facts support my statement (biblically).

Please, share your supporting "facts".

You can add something if you find it lacking.

Therein lies the problem. This is not my thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You can add quotes from the bible that support your claims, so that we don't just read this, see a lack of evidence, and disregard it as a bad thread.

Again, we're not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but ATS is really cracking down on evidence-less threads and short OPs without much substance. If you don't want to see this thread deleted, you'd do well to provide some quotes, links, or whatever to support your claims.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The only comment I have is that I tend to look at god and satan as if I was watching two competing politicians. The Bible (I'm God, and I approve of this message) is pretty much a commercial patting himself on the back and slinging mud at satan. I generally look disdainfully at politicians who run negative campaigns.
edit on 19-2-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree. An omnipotent God would be in control of evil too. I hope you are not trolling or anything, this is pretty interesting actually.

Many Christians here think that they need to work against Satan, or else be saved from him. But why would God make a scenario like that? Just to separate the sinners from the righteous? But he made the sinners, and he made the righteous. It makes no sense. If that is true then heaven and hell are meaningless jokes.

If the conventional interpretation of the bible, King James for example, is true, then there must be some higher divine plan in action, which we mortals simply cannot comprehend.

In this case, sin and righteousness are ultimately meaningless. Human concepts. Even learning to be a good human being is meaningless. There is some divine, fractal, cosmic plan in action. Perhaps we will learn what it means when we die. Or not.

It's pretty fascinating though. Star and flag!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Your sure the facts support your statement? Care to share a single one of those facts? Keep in mind, the bible is not fact, and cannot be used to prove itself.

Also, usually the poster presents the content for discussion. I've actually never seen someone tell a replier to fill in the gaps of a post. Till now of course.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The serpent might be an attack on previous religions where the serpent can represent other things like duality good/evil (Yin/Yang) and the Chakra system.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who's plan was the crucifixion? God's. Who possessed Judas when he was obviously having second thoughts? Satan. If he wanted to thwart God's plan he would have wanted Jesus to live.

Make no mistake, the crucifixion was God's plan. Satan was an instrument just like Judas. God pulls all strings.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You and others' will soon be in for a big surprise when Yeshua comes back.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SubnaturalWhat's trolling? I don't think it's a compliment though. If you are asking does the bible support me? Yes. Absolutely. Revelation aside Satan was always only capable of doing what God lets him. Remember Job? Isaiah 14:12 is also not about Satan, it's talking about a king, a human king. Ezekiel too.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I guess we agree then? Good and evil are the same? There is an overlapping, cosmic plan in which good and evil both play an equally important part?

I was half trolling you earlier, but we seem to be of the same opinion now? Sorry, if that is the case.

Just for transparency; I don't really believe in God and I don't believe in the bible at all, but I think there can very well be some sort of cosmic balance. It just doesn't include good or evil as we think of them, or any of the thoughts we make up, or any of our memories or feelings.

I would really appreciate it if you answer me.

Edit: Hah, it seems you saw through my trolling! But I am honest now.

And I agree Satan can only do what God tells him. I just don't think that Christianity or the bible is any more true than any other thing we may think of. But no less true, either.
edit on 19-2-2016 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Satan is man's adversary not God's. Judaisms Ha Satan is just doing his job I don't see why it should be any different in Christianity. Everything Satan does he does with God's permission.

Satan is a scapeGOAT for everything humans do wrong. "The devil made me do it" nah. You did whatever you did. The bible says God won't test us beyond what we can handle.
edit on 19-2-2016 by Metatron365 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2016 by Metatron365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I agree with beer, your title had me intrigued but then was disappointed when it was a paragraph of what could only be seen as your opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Isiah 14:12-15 refers to Lucifer by name and describes him as trying to ascend to heaven trying to place himself above all other angels and to sit in judgement of them.

Ezekiel 28: 13-17 Describes Satan as trying to ascend over God and also as cheating & violent.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SubnaturalYes, I guess we agree. I have the Jewish belief that Ha Satan only tempts people for God who is testing us. You can't tell God, no I'm not gonna do it if you're Satan. They are on the same team.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Those verses have been declared unassociated with Satan forever by scholars. Ezekiel is talking to a human king as is Isaiah.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
You and others' will soon be in for a big surprise when Yeshua comes back.

Or...you and many, many others will be in for a big surprise when he doesn't.

On topic:

Satan slandered by Christians, God's loyal servant.

"Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”." Jude verse 9
edit on 2/19/2016 by Klassified because: hit post too soon, more modern translation

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatron365
a reply to: chr0naut

Those verses have been declared unassociated with Satan forever by scholars. Ezekiel is talking to a human king as is Isaiah.

Firstly, an appeal to authority is not sufficient. I want to know why (as well as who). What actual evidence do the unnamed authorities have that opposes millennia of accepted interpretation?

... and what of the Isaiah verses that talk about Lucifer by name?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join