It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky (I'm assuming Natural) Phenomina In Serra da Estrela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Was doing some research pertaining to something completely different when I found this. At first I thought it was CGI. It's not. Just a freaky video...

Included google map of same area below video. No idea what it is, natural I'm assuming. Still pretty kewl! I think the google map is also pretty dam impressive.

Google Maps

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: canDarian

Is the lake a reservoir ?

Reminds me of overflow plug holes for reservoirs just made to look more natural and pretty

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I doubt that's natural, it looks like it's made of cement. If you look above it on the google map there a couple retaining walls that were put in... kinda looks like the lake was engineered? I can't seem to figure out where that hole would drain into though.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Did someone already try throwing a transmitter or some kind in there?

If so, can do you know who?

Great video!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Simply beautiful!
Got me wondering where that water is headed to. Or how that was created.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Gotta be CGI..........pretty though.....

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
looks CGI to me - but in any case, the lake itself is obviously a manmade reservoir, perhaps part of a hydro electric scheme?

Edit: looking at it on Google Maps, perhaps not CG!, but still just the plughole from the reservoir taking water down into a tunnel to the hydro station (or whatever else it is the reservoir is used for)

edit on 19-2-2016 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I doubt that's natural, it looks like it's made of cement. If you look above it on the google map there a couple retaining walls that were put in... kinda looks like the lake was engineered? I can't seem to figure out where that hole would drain into though.

That's exactly right. It's a small man made reservoir, probably created to provide water to a town for irrigation and/or drinking. The retaining walls are a giveaway. Look around the edges of the spillway, it's a perfectly round flange of a large drainage pipe, the water is probably going to a filtration system. The natural-looking features inside the funnel are mosses and mineral deposits.

Neat video though!
edit on 2192016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: sp

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's not natural, that's the entrance of the 1500 metres long draining tunnel.

The small dam (Conchos dam) that creates that lake was built in 1955 and is part of the hydroelectric system of Serra da Estrela (we have many dams for hydroelectric production in Portugal).

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Nice, it's very cool looking.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reading the description of the y-tube vid would have helped

1519m tunnel

tells you both what it is and that its man made

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Who reads descriptions ????

Here's a mans eye view of the lake, looks like a nice place to go collect your thoughts

Maybe throw a penny down the hole to make a wish too

top topics

join