It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What era do you have good memories of or would like to return?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My "good memories" is different than "would like to return to...".

Oh, if only I could return to high school and be more studious. Or to college and dump that rat bastard first. But, for sure, my good memories are from when first married my guy. May that is a "go back to"...I would work way less and have more fun, if you know what I mean.
I would definitely have a honey moon and maybe no kids.

Yes I said that.

Okay, I take that part back.
edit on 19-2-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't want the way of thinking to return other than simpler way of life, however attitudes to women were a bit stifling, but the 1950s had the best darn fashion to ever have graced the female form.
The 60s were cool too. I'd just want the fashion and music and cars back

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yeah. The cars. Way back when cars had actual bumpers, not the fiberglass/plastic shells of today which cannot sustain a 2 mph impact. Muscle cars. Luxury cars that gulped gasoline. Fins. I loved fins.

This will not be a politcally correct statement: I loved the time where women wore mostly skirts. Skirts whisper of wonder.
Girl in a Summer Dress.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I go through phases.
A chevy 57 convertible, sexiest fins.

As for the clothes, hey even the capri leggings or high waisted pant suits were cut in at the waist and encouraged curves. I'm a proud lipstick feminist, meaning I'm not blind to gorgeous styles and fabrics

It was all in the wast (and pointy boobs)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You touch on two things that always moved me:

1) pointy boobs. WTF?? This was not a natural shape. Didn't like it, Janet Leigh notwithstanding.

2) Sexy fins. Let us remember the lowly-touted '61 Mercury Comet. I had one, and God-strike-me-down-if-I'm-lyin' I wish I still did. Mine was brown. The brown batmobile. Solid metal interior, including the dash. Stick on the column. Faaaast. Underrated. A sleeper. I converted the back seat area into a couch. The trunk was my closet. I traveled up and down the western coast of the U.S. all the way through Canada to Alaska. *sob*

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I feel your pain, re pointies and your comet.

With cars now I am more into the mid 60s. I quite like the simplicity and line of a 64 Ford Galaxie

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That Ford Galaxie looks an awful lot like the one my grandpa had. His was a hard top though.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I like the hard tops better
the 64's are a dime a dozen.
But regarding comfortables my favorite would be the chevy 57
and was more expensive!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Early 60s to mid 70s for me. I had adventure, freedom to ride my bike wherever I wanted, a penny bought me 20 pieces of candy, no worries, no medical issues, laughter, love, full belly, cozy bed, loving parents...kick ass good music....I was one happy kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join