It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions On Trumps Tax Plan For The Middle Class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
please remember that trump is planning on imposing tariffs. the us governments income is 99% based on income tax since early 1900s. it used to be 99% income from tariffs. yes if we didnt impose tariffs the national debt would increase. but by taxing countries like china and mexico on goods coming in... that gap will be closed.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have to stop agreeing with your posts. I didn't know you were a progressive.
You shouldn't hide things like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Edumakated

It is not an excuse, it is simple math. I know you progressives aren't good at arithmetic, but you cannot cut someone's taxes IF THEY AREN'T PAYING TAXES. Good grief.

Oh ok I understand now, I hope you did more research on your numbers than you did calling me a progressive....

That is hilarious..........

I though that funny too!

Typical Trump supporter logic. Anyone that disgrees with him = PC nut, Liberal, progressive, terrorist ect

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Edumakated

Lowest income households already don't pay taxes (or very little), so there isn't anything to cut.

So your excuse to marginalize the fact that Trump is going to be giving his biggest cuts to the rich (even though hes suppose to be for the little man and helping him out) is "Meh a lot of people dont pay it so we dont need to help them"

The mental gymnastics Trump supporters go through to keep carrying this guys water in the face of all the facts is absolutely amazing.

lets just totally also negate the fact that the first part of that illustrated that it would increase the National debt by more than what Obamas administration has.........

Sorry, don't know your politics, but the fact of the matter is you parroted the whole progressive meme "giving tax cuts to the rich" so I just called it like I saw it.

Tax cuts go to people paying taxes. If the bulk of Federal tax revenue is paid by the upper income brackets, then mathematically speaking, the bulk of the tax break is also going to go those tax payers. You can't get a tax cut if you don't pay taxes.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Really..........taxes aren't the problem for the middle class. Its jobs that pay a decent wage and they're dropping like flies. Year over year there''s fewer and fewer middle class jobs do to outsourcing to third world countries and computerization and robotics.

Unless you fix that equation, the middle class will be a memory in 50 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It is people with no income that file taxes that get big returns. That is where the fraud needs to stop. I have never gotten a huge return, not even after getting married...kids...homestead...etc. When about 30% of you pay goes to taxes and for families sometimes 10% to heatlhcare...what are we to live on? Used to be making 100k with 2 kids afforded vacations and maybe private school. Now it can keep you from the pawn shop every other month. These are people also not living outside their means but rather inside what the government now controls. Credit scores to interest rates...keep you broke.

I want someone who will cut taxes and spending. There will be time to repeal Obamacare and find another solution. I think government matched HSA's against your taxes. It is your money, the taxes, not the governments. It is not a refund, it is a return of your own money. How about taxes I pay go against my own HSA...no separate deduction. This way it is not a tax raise like the Bern wants?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If the middle class paid no tax you can kiss goodbye not just to vital social programmes, but also the Defence budget.

Turns out his "how we wills" are as ridiculous as his "what we wills".

I thought this guy loved the vets?

He's not saying no taxes for all middle class, just more with less taxes.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Trumps Tax Plan For The Middle Class?

Trumps plan is to adopt a 'steady as she goes' policy and continue to redirect the burden for the nations tax away from the corporate sector and onto the shoulders of wage and salary earners alone.

He will also continue with the current policy of re-directing the welfare system away from individuals to the corporate sector.

However; some increase in speed of the implementation of this policy is expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join