It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Immam found dead in Rochdale, Greater Manchester with head injuries!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

This is breaking in all British news media. Immam in Rochdale found dead in childrens playground with serious head injuries.

Too early to judge but I hope this isnt an hate crime targeting him because he is muslim.

This could turn really nasty if it is an hate crime because there are a large part of the population who are muslim. If they retaliate out of anger things could quickly spiral out of control.

I appreciate this is a terrible crime but I just hope everyone keeps their cool and looks at the bigger picture for all our sakes!
edit on 19-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

'Hate crime', Christ. Hopefully whomever bashed his brains in did not hate the poor chap and it was only a regular homicide.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

R.I.P to the Man in question.

As to it being a hate crime, all crimes of such nature are generally hate related. However adding the word hate to the front only serves escalate any tensions associated with said incident.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I agree, the whole hate crime thing is ridiculous in the UK, when was the last time anyone was beaten to death by someone who had feelings of love for the victim?
All murder is equally abhorrent, I don't get how it's any worse if inspired by racism etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

As horrific as it is and no one deserves to die like this, i'm a tad confused by your following statement;

This could turn really nasty if it is an hate crime because there are a large part of the population who are muslim. If they retaliate out of anger things could quickly spiral out of control.

Why do you think the Muslim community will start retaliating when the British Populace including muslims have had the following attacks;

1988 21 December: Pan Am Flight 103 (Lockerbie) blown up by a bomb in a suitcase while in flight over Scotland after taking off from Heathrow. 270 were killed.

2005 7 July: 7/7 central London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, which targeted civilians using the public transport system during the morning rush hour. Three bombs were detonated on three separate trains on the London Underground and one on a double-decker bus. 56 people were killed and 700 were injured. It was the UK's worst terrorist incident since the 1988 Lockerbie bombing and the first Islamist suicide attack in the country.

2007 30 June: Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists.

2008 22 May: Exeter attempted bombing in a café toilet by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.

2013 22 May: A British soldier, Lee Rigby, was murdered in an attack in Woolwich by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, two Islamist extremists armed with a handgun and a number of bladed implements. Both men were sentenced to life imprisonment, with Adebolajo given a whole life order and Adebowale ordered to serve at least 45 years.[29]

2015 5 December: Three people are stabbed at Leytonstone tube station in east London, with one person suffering severe knife injuries; police subsequently announced that they were treating the stabbings as a 'terrorist incident'.[30] Video footage emerged following the stabbing of the attacker repeatedly shouting "this is for Syria", in reference to the Royal Air Force's bombing of the Islamic State in Syria, which had commenced on 3 December after parliamentary approval.[31]

Do you really think the death of one Imman is going to cause anything? I think not, I think you may be sensationalising the story when there's no need to. If all the terrorist attacks on the UK have not caused problems with the UK populace, I doubt very much the death of one man will either!!
edit on 19.2.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I agree, the whole hate crime thing is ridiculous in the UK, when was the last time anyone was beaten to death by someone who had feelings of love for the victim?
All murder is equally abhorrent, I don't get how it's any worse if inspired by racism etc.

Agreed, we have that silliness here too.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well we will see wont we. I live here and know tensions are already high!a reply to: flammadraco

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Well we will see wont we. I live here and know tensions are already high!a reply to: flammadraco

Is the reason for the tensions being " High " due to The Rochdale Child Sex Abuse convictions.?

Or is it through other reasons?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

How do you know it was not a fellow Muslim who killed him? Such as the case in the USA last year when a Mosque was fire bombed and all the Lefties were shouting its a "Hate Crime" and "Islamophobia", turned out to be a fellow Muslim who attended the mosque that set fire to it and was trying to cause tensions in the community!!

The Imman may have been very liberal and some nut job had views more akin to ISIS. Rochdale seems a hotbed of fanaticism and is a great example of "Multiculturalism" failing!!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed, we have that silliness here too.

It's not silliness when you harm someone just because they are gay, or black. It is a level of stupidity that should be recognized -- legally.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yes!a reply to: alldaylong

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's not silliness when you harm someone just because they are gay, or black. It is a level of stupidity that should be recognized -- legally.

Oh, okay. What is the difference if I bash someone's skull in and if I bash someone's skull in and call them a 'fag'?

edit on 19-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This may have more to do with extremism than with anything else. I don't know if these people are related, but they have the same last name:

Wales’ high profile Jalalia mosque is at the centre of an extremism row after the Imam resigned.

In a letter leaked to Wales Online, the Cardiff mosque’s religious leader, or Imam, Mohammad Bashir Uddin claimed his position became untenable after he objected to a Muslim speaker he regarded as extremist, and a follower of the Salafi strand of the religion.

This is the branch of the religion followed by Nasser Muthana, Assel Muthana and Reyaad Khan – the Cardiff terror suspects who left to fight in Syria.
kafircrusaders.wordpress.com...

There is a war going on between the extremists and anyone who stands up to them or criticizes them, so if this Imam was standing up against extremism, then his death could very well be by the hands of these extremists. Notice the London Imam who recently had to resign as imam due to threats to his life for joining Quilliam (a counter-terrorism think tank) Link

This probably has very little to do with non-Muslims, and a lot to do with extremists fighting against the moderates. The same wars being had every day in the middle east over ideology, are simply on your shores now.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Why do you think the Muslim community will start retaliating when the British Populace including muslims have had the following attacks;

But none of the attacks you cite could be presented as attacks against Muslims as such.
That's what makes the difference.
It makes it more plausible that some Muslims might react. We will have to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Agreed.
_______
Anyways, a children's park? That's chilling and let's just hope a coincidence. I'm confused why authorities would immediately call for extra security for Muslims in the area when no suspect or motive has been determined? It may be as sadly human as simple robbery gone overboard. They don't know yet. But the hype jacks up tensions.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Whilst I agree with you, why should the life of an Imman for example be worth more than say a white hetrosexual man in the UK being murdered? What I mean by this, is why should you get a longer prison term for killing someone from a "Protected Group" than if you killed a straight white guy?

This is what is "Silly" in the UK, our Government and courts deem the life of a person from a protected group higher than that of a white hetrosexual male. All life no matter the greed, colour of your skin, sexuality etc etc is to be treated equally but in the UK this is as far from the case as is possible! This is also the case in employment law, if you are a white hetrosexual male, you have less rights than anyone else in the workplace. I know this for a fact as I have over 700 employees and now employ a Employement Law firm to deal with all the nonsense!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: angeldoll

Oh, okay. What is the difference if I bash someone's skull in and if I bash someone's skull in and call them a 'fag'?

If I am married to a man and he tells me after years that he is gay and I kill him, that is specific to that man. Domestic violence.

If I then take that rage and go kill every gay man I see, because he is gay, that constitutes a hate crime. The person has done nothing to me other than be what he is, and yet I have killed them. It's killing for no other reason than hating what the person represents to me in my mind. It's dangerous -- much more dangerous than a person who would kill only their spouse.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It's silliness to assert that killing someone over race or sexual orientation is worse than killing over say nationality. If I murdered a white Hungarian because I hated Hungarians it would not be a hate crime under UK law. Nationality is not a protected group, nor ginger haired or fat people, goths or emo's.

You see why the legislation is ridiculous now? All murder is equally abhorrent and generally hate fuelled.
edit on 19.2.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

*sigh*

Are they still dead?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Could be there was a similar incident reported recently where a female muslim said she had been attacked for wearing an hijab and blamed it on Islamophobia but when CCTV was looked at she had lied!a reply to: flammadraco

www.itv.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join