It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the toughest issue China faced with in the future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not USA, They are a little bit agressive, but holding sense. For USA, they'd rlike see a more prosperous China rather than a weaker one.
Not Europe, they are far away from China.
Not breakout of war with certain countries.
But its astronomical population and its Environmental protection problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know China well. Not the U.S., although the PRC has contingency plans for a war with the U.S. I would say China's biggest challenge is international pressure to open up free speech and basic human rights.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
china's major problems may be demographic ones. As of today, there is a disparity between the number of girls being born (or being allowed to live) and the number of boys being born, which has spawned a certain degree of tension within the male populace of the current generation.

Also, the disparity in wealth between the urban, party-sanctioned elites and rural people is enormous. Sure, the USA had such disparity in the 1920s... but, then, programs were in place to educate those in rural areas, and free-market forces were rapidly bringing in goods to them.. In china, however, the movement to enfranchise the rural poor is really, still, just a popular buzzword among the political elites...
As a result of this, China may either find itself with a population in revolt 20 years from now or one that is totally unsuited for maintaining a modern economy.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
china's major problems may be demographic ones. As of today, there is a disparity between the number of girls being born (or being allowed to live) and the number of boys being born, which has spawned a certain degree of tension within the male populace of the current generation.

Also, the disparity in wealth between the urban, party-sanctioned elites and rural people is enormous. Sure, the USA had such disparity in the 1920s... but, then, programs were in place to educate those in rural areas, and free-market forces were rapidly bringing in goods to them.. In china, however, the movement to enfranchise the rural poor is really, still, just a popular buzzword among the political elites...
As a result of this, China may either find itself with a population in revolt 20 years from now or one that is totally unsuited for maintaining a modern economy.

Thank you. Yes, baby girls are routinely sold into slaverly in China. Hey, you are in Chgo, too. Nice.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes, I am,
But I DO think sammy knew it was corked...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Of course he did. He is in a slump. I like the excuse the bat boy gave...

new topics

top topics

join