It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepared to use Tactical Nuclear Weapons if Turkey-Saudi invade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

consortiumnews.com...

A source close to Russian President Vladimir Putin told me that the Russians have warned Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that Moscow is prepared to use tactical nuclear weapons if necessary to save their troops in the face of a Turkish-Saudi onslaught. Since Turkey is a member of NATO, any such conflict could quickly escalate into a full-scale nuclear confrontation."

One can understand how much the turks would be annoyed and agitated at Russia's interference in the war. Only months before Syrian Army was in retreat now with Russian intervention in the air and in the ground , the tide has turned considerably. Most people here mistake that its the Russian air campaign which has turned the tide, but the truth is its actually the Russian strategic military thinking which has turned the tables. Syrian Army has been enriched with Russian military officers at Battalion levels. The classic encirclement tactics being used, supplies being cut off, armored thrusts supported by Infantry and Artillery strikes all reeks of Russian influence. Russians have forced the Rebels to fight on Russia's terms. The Encirclement of Aleppo , cutting of supply routes to the Rebels. Forcing Rebels to pull out and move their reserves to multiple fronts while being bombed causing huge causalities.Rebels themselves wanted to cancel the peace talks saying there would not be many of them left considering the Air campaign.

Second point is Russian Strategic missiles are extremely competent and dangerous.Turkey Maybe able to hold Russian in the ground but they will decimated by Russian Missiles (am not talking about nukes here). NATO itself fears Russian Missiles far far more than the Russian Army/Airforce/Navy

edit on 18-2-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21
I'm not buying this. I don't think we will see a full out nuclear war, or any use of nuclear weapons. Always suspicious of "news sources" that are anonymous about their researches.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It all Depends on Turkey and Saudi Decision. IF they decide to invade Syria they will face Russia without a shadow of doubt. Nukes or not, Russians will rain missiles on them. Truth is, Russians don't really need tactical nukes to deal with Turkey.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know much about the situation between the Saudis and Russians, but if the Russians will in fact protect the Kurds then I could see global conflict. Not sure about nuclear. I'm hoping both sides would realize the implications...but man is not a rational being.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Turks and Saudi's have to act now otherwise they have already lost Syria. Syrians backed by Russia has started a massive offensive to get the ancient city of Aleppo. With Aleppo lost, Rebels will face a huge defeat and will be a huge demoralizing factor.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Could you just tell me the relations/situation between the Saudis and the Russians? I can't say I'm sad the Turks could lose. Nor do I trust the Saudis. Hard to trust any of the parties.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I don't know much about the situation between the Saudis and Russians, but if the Russians will in fact protect the Kurds then I could see global conflict. Not sure about nuclear. I'm hoping both sides would realize the implications...but man is not a rational being.

I doubt anything major will happen, Putin didn't do anything after Turkey shot down that jet. Putin knows that touching turkey is touching NATO (Erdogan has made me question Turkey as a NATO member by the way), and Putin can't afford a battle like that just yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

consortiumnews.com...

A source close to Russian President Vladimir Putin told me that the Russians have warned Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that Moscow is prepared to use tactical nuclear weapons if necessary to save their troops in the face of a Turkish-Saudi onslaught. Since Turkey is a member of NATO, any such conflict could quickly escalate into a full-scale nuclear confrontation."

One can understand how much the turks would be annoyed and agitated at Russia's interference in the war. Only months before Syrian Army was in retreat now with Russian intervention in the air and in the ground , the tide has turned considerably. Most people here mistake that its the Russian air campaign which has turned the tide, but the truth is its actually the Russian strategic military thinking which has turned the tables. Syrian Army has been enriched with Russian military officers at Battalion levels. The classic encirclement tactics being used, supplies being cut off, armored thrusts supported by Infantry and Artillery strikes all reeks of Russian influence. Russians have forced the Rebels to fight on Russia's terms. The Encirclement of Aleppo , cutting of supply routes to the Rebels. Forcing Rebels to pull out and move their reserves to multiple fronts while being bombed causing huge causalities.Rebels themselves wanted to cancel the peace talks saying there would not be many of them left considering the Air campaign.

Second point is Russian Strategic missiles are extremely competent and dangerous.Turkey Maybe able to hold Russian in the ground but they will decimated by Russian Missiles (am not talking about nukes here). NATO itself fears Russian Missiles far far more than the Russian Army/Airforce/Navy

By English language syntax, that flowed perfectly with a Russian accent, am I wrong?

I do agree though, well put my friend.

They do not understand these kinds of things.

We must make much noise to get their attention.

See how that works!?

It is not at all the way western English syntax works at all!

Only Russian and eastern European folks talk like that!

Good points though! I ain't hating!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
True, but he guarantees to protect the Kurds. I doubt it too, but there is always the chance. My main issue is the source of the source in the OP. It makes me wonder too, I think kicking Turkey out of NATO might be fine.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Putin actually upped the ant after the Su-24 shoot down. The bombings increased, more Air superiority fighters are in the air and not to mention, Turkey will no longer be considered as the stabilizing factor in the region with Turks sending Jihadis across the border while sabotaging any efforts for peace and dialog. This happened at a time when Putin and Obama had actually come to a conclusion that Assad Regime must go, only the conditions for the change were different.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It all Depends on Turkey and Saudi Decision. IF they decide to invade Syria they will face Russia without a shadow of doubt. Nukes or not, Russians will rain missiles on them. Truth is, Russians don't really need tactical nukes to deal with Turkey.

In English syntax that would read..
That all depends on turkey and saudia Arabias decisions. If they invade Syria Russia will respond without a doubt! With it without nukes, Russia will launch a full salvo of missiles. The truth is, Russia doesn't need nukes to deal with turkey.

I am not hating!

Just interpreted your words to English grammar and syntax!
edit on 18-2-2016 by Sargeras because: Autocorrect... It is worthless!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Russia has been asked to help Syria, and people get all upset that it is seeming to help the tide turn .
The us invades places it was never asked to, made things way worse than they have ever been and people are OK with that because they somehow think that it is protecting our country, it only makes money for the already rich defense contractors and nothing to protect the people of America . I don't think Russia needs to use any type of nukes to win anywhere in the ME. ... I guess I point is that the US is no better than Russia and people need to wake up to that fact. ...if anything the US is worse because our government lies to us on a daily basis and it's just swallowed like a Flintstones vitamin.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Am neither from England nor From USA (nor am i from Russia), so i really don't give a damn about English Grammer.

edit on 18-2-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Am neither from England nor From USA (nor am i from Russia), so i really don't give a damn about English Grammer.

I meant nothing disrespectful undertones!

I Was only trying to help you out!
Conjugating verbs in different languages works in different ways.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras
Instead of "With it without nukes", it'd be better to say "With or without nukes. Though I think that may be what you meant as "it" is "or" each letter to the left of the intended. Not hating either!!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not going to happen. Not even the smallest chance. If Russia itself were being invaded and in complete retreat with no chance of a conventional turn of the tide then maybe. Not only would Russia face massive international condemnation and global sanctions it would likely end up at war with not only the West but almost every Muslim state on Earth and face massive uprisings of its own. Russia has enough problems and frankly it is not that stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.
Isaiah 17:1

Interesting - tactical nukes would go a long way in assisting that Damascus is leveled - if that indeed becomes part of this war strategy. I think however that the threat of using nuclear weapons (whether or not it's just mere propaganda) is just as powerful in the minds of the masses, and war pigs, as actually deploying them for use in the battle arena.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Instead of "With it without nukes", it'd be better to say "With or without nukes. Though I think that may be what you meant as "it" is "or" each letter to the left of the intended. Not hating either!!

Ya... My phones autocorrect..... It is in fact the litteral devil!

It turns " ya " into " stfu" etc...

Sorry POS!

A couple months I will have a credible phone again!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Reportedly India will be making a very very cheap one! Ah, I detest replying from the cellphone. So I never do. Hah, that must be funny if you're married or otherwise in a relationship. You try agreeing, but it doesn't quite work out.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Am I the only one who would be disappointed if the world didn't end in total nuclear destruction?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join