It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is being an evil clone (minion) considered 'cool'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First, the trend I've seen towards thinking of minions as being something 'cool' that people use to represent themselves is happening at all age levels. No one can play the "generation gap" card this time.

With that out of the way, let's look at what a minion is:

1. Minions are clones.

Three new mini-movies from the creators of Despicable Me. Orientation Day: Three freshly cloned minions go through the wacky orientation process at the evil laboratories of Gru. Home Makeover: The minions "assist" Edith, Margo & Agnes in a home makeover when they find out a social worker is going to pay them a visit...
Despicable Me: Minion Madness

2. Minions work for an evil supervillain.

Gru, a supervillain, has his pride injured when an unknown supervillain steals the Great Pyramid of Giza, an action that is described by his colleague Dr. Nefario as "making all other villains look lame."
Despicable Me

3. Minions have almost no individuality.

This is apparent if you watch the films. If there is any difference between the minions, it's only superficial.

4. Minions have no purpose in their existence outside of serving a master.

After serving a great deal of masters over the centuries, they find they enjoy serving humans the most. However, after a disastrous end to their service to Napoleon, the Minions are driven into isolation and decide to start a new life in a massive cave in Antarctica. All goes well at first, but after many years, the Minions become depressed, restless and unmotivated without a master to serve.
Minions (film)

If THAT is what you consider to be 'cool', I don't even want to know what's going on in your head. Choosing slavery because freedom was too boring? If that's the point where humanity is at then we're the living dead IMHO.

I'm not here to make a moral argument or to argue anything subjective. However, the four points above are the opposite of what was considered cool in the past. To demonstrate that, look at the following film clip.

www.youtube.com...

What does that scene portray?

1. The stormtroopers (who have basically the exact same traits as the minions), were seen as the enemy that was supposed to be destroyed.

2. Who were the cool ones in that scene?

Those who had the exact opposite characteristics of the minions. Luke, Leeia, and Han were all extremely individualistic, they all had strong personalities, they had a strong desire to be free, and they all were risking their lives to stand up for what's just and right against what's evil.

I can already hear the answers: "Things change with time, it's no big deal."

Well, if you feel that way, why are you on this site? I always believed that conspiracy theorists were trying to make the world better. There is one absolute fact that is undeniable...

Minions are not trying to make the world better. Just read the plot for the latest film made about them, Minions (film).

I don't care if people want to use minions to represent themselves. I want to know...

edit on 18-2-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's a cartoon.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Uh, because they are funny.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Huhhh?

Those little yellow things?

I thought they was just little yellow things for kids.

You know, like marketing things. You are saying people use these little yellow things to represent their personalities or something?

That's weird...

Although, a kid with a little yellow thing toy is only that. Adults do not bother with them. (Or do they? I have only even heard of these things on internet) If a adult has a little yellow thing toy, probably it doesn't mean they are representing themselves, probably just means they like little yellow things without thinking much of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

While you are right that it spans generations, I do think the difference in era is why it is "cool". Western society has made so many advances in social equality that people feel more free than at any other time in American history to express themselves however they please. Because their perception of self is so healthy, the drone-like nature of the evil clones is seen as a novelty.

For example, this probably wouldn't be too funny in the 50's since a lot of people felt social pressure to act as clones. I can imagine a place like North Korea finding this more triggering than funny.

I take it as a sign of a healthy society.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What does that scene portray?

Umm the rebels destroying the death star... I didn't even see one storm-trooper unless you count the ones operating the laser...

I think a better example of what your referring to would be the extreme collectivism that is portrayed in the Force awakens, where the storm troopers are given a number in lieu of a personalized name like the clones did in the prequels.

Thing is most people watching these movie don't care for attributing any sort of political messages to entertainment, because that's all it is... entertainment. If anything what is considered "cool" that is often portrayed in American films, is to be the independent,anti authoritarian freedom fighter rather than the dimwitted common class villains. Whom are more often than not stripped of their individuality.
edit on 18-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
It's a cartoon.

^^ This. It ain't real, bud. Mountains & mole hills deal here.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think you're mistaking "cool" as in an actual drive to mimic a specific behavior with "cool" as in 'entertaining'.

I don't know of any kids, or adults for that matter, that enjoy the Minions characters that they actually aspire to become them and act like them, which is what you seem to be hinting at in your OP.

I do see a lot of kids and adults enjoy the characters for an entertainment value. I don't really see the draw for adults to be entertained by them, however.

But, I certainly don't see anyone trying to actually become one or even mimic their aspirations to any such degree.
edit on 18/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Perhaps to make us complicit...

Dictionary.com definition of a minion: "a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power"

"A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude."― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Doesn't it feel good to be evil? This is the message repeated in "Minions" a movie opening today from "Illumination Entertainment." Minions teaches children they are androgynous widgets whose only purpose in life is to serve an evil master.

Humanity has been inducted into a satanic cult, Cabala Judaism. Hollywood deserves much of the credit. This movie demonstrates how, in a satanic cult, evil is made to appear good, and members are corrupted and sickened, and thus controlled and exploited.

Think it is a coincidence that Zio-Hollywood has over the past few years introduced the 'cuddly' little characters called minions in the "Despicable Me" movies, now being followed-up with a full length movie all their own called, what else, "Minions".

Minions seeking an evil master to serve - how blatant does the new-world-order brainwashing get? And, make no mistake, your children are the direct target. Minions are "an androgynous mass of servile worker-drones". Minions are mindless, genderless, with no individuality - all dress the same, all look the same, with the exception that instead of two eyes some have only a single 'illuminati eye-of-horus' - to be expected of course coming from "Illumination Entertainment".

"Minions" - Hollywood's Blatant Satanic Solicitation of Children

Michael Hoffman calls it "The revelation of the method", the highest form of mind control they can exert on us now.

Michael Hoffman II expounds here on how we become doubly-enslaved mind control victims: Revelation of the Method concerns mind control in the last stages and at a high level. When you tell someone what you are doing to them - murder, mayhem, kidnap, rape, you name it - and they do nothing to stop you or protect themselves, you have created a doubly enslaved subject. "Their tactics are a diabolical game of chess played in multiple dimensions, it is pure evil.

Why Do the Illuminati Reveal Themselves?

They tell us about the conspiracy because they want us to be compromised. Just as lower-ranked Freemasons or ordinary Jews or Americans or Europeans are compromised by their support for war. They want us all to become demons. They are deliberately clumsy because they want our complicity. They don't want us to say, "Gee, we didn't know." They have a wager with God. They can win us over to Lucifer. But they have to give us free will, the ability to make a choice.

That's the reason they reveal the conspiracy to us. For example, the Rockefellers sponsored the John Birch Society. Their publication, The New American is still one of the best sources of information about the elite conspiracy. This controlled opposition has other functions. They are able to steer the blame and make sure no real resistance ever develops. This is why many websites like mine function with little difficulty. They want everyone to know. Some other websites may actually receive support from the Illuminati.

Why the Illuminati Expose the Conspiracy

The movie is about minions to serve history's most villainous bosses. Yes, the minions are looking for the best VILLAIN to worship. Can you see how the Illuminati are conditioning our children to view evil as cute? They are DESENSITIZING children to the idea of a villain being bad and parents do not realize this. Clearly, children are being taught (confused) that evil is good. That is why when the Antichrist comes many will not have the discernment to see him for who he really is. That's why the slogan for Despicable Me 2 is "When The World Needed A Hero, They Called A Villain".

The Minions And Their Secret Illumination

edit on Feb000000Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:40:16 -06008pm29Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:40:16 -060020164018 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Minions are cool because they come in Kinder Surprise

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I always thought stormtroopers were cool because of their suits, especially the scout troopers, loved their suits the most

If I could be minion I'd be a stormtrooper, not like we'd be killing anyone because we all have terrible aim, or perhaps they intend to miss ? You could say the stormtroopers are rebels themselves by not killing anyone due to their purposeful terrible aim
edit on 18/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Minions follow evil characters, but they are inept.

Which might explain Hillary supporters.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wanna be a storm trooper. Chicks dig storm troopers. They're like intergalactic rock stars. They can't shoot worth a damn though.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid Nice finds! My minds eye has just been opened a bit more and I am more wary of Hollywood.
I've never seen the Minions movies and I'm guessing very young impressionable minds have watched them.
I was just having a conversation with my friend about a new TV show called Lucifer. We agreed that they are trying to make the devil into someone we can relate to and be comfortable with, even sympathize with.
Disturbing times.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion Thanks for the insightful OP!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
Nice finds! My minds eye has just been opened a bit more and I am more wary of Hollywood.
I've never seen the Minions movies and I'm guessing very young impressionable minds have watched them.
I was just having a conversation with my friend about a new TV show called Lucifer. We agreed that they are trying to make the devil into someone we can relate to and be comfortable with, even sympathize with.

Fox's Lucifer series is is based on exactly the same Gnostic agenda as "Minions"...

The current Illuminati religion is Gnosticism which is the reason why so many of these films clearly focus on inverting the truth.

The same thing applies to the "Noah" film as well.

It's not hard to see that the MSM has become the most powerful mind-control tool the elites have.

To understand how people are being brainwashed by The Illuminati to hate God and accept the coming Anti-Christ ... You must understand gnosticism! Even the first century church had to deal with these heretics... They claim that the devil is the savior and our God is a devil! They invert the truth!

Illuminati Satanic Gnosticism EXPOSED

The two posts below go into much more detail on this:

Hollywood’s Gnostic Agenda
Fox Television Series Lucifer

Minions are a dangerous device of propaganda aimed at commandeering the youthful demographic through pop culture.
Innocent brains are fresher for incubating communist ideas in. It is a threat to our future and must not be taken lightly.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
why kids like to play cops and robbers ? why is that fun for them ? how does it help building their personalities ? and finally why might cartoons for kids represent this kind of things ?
answering this questions might help to find out why the minions are fun and considered "cool"
also just watching the movie helps.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I hate to take your thread seriously....because I don't think that is totally your intent.
But that said....

....minions are a representation of what is "cool" today. Currently, social connectedness and aligning with your peers is popular. If it weren't, political discourse wouldn't be so absolutely stupid. And the two parties would struggle. This has been happening in ever increasing amounts as the internet continues to be leveraged in ways that connect people socially, while media continues to create divisive fiction that primes you into a groupthink mode (Team Edward or Team Jacob?)

Layered on top of this, if you need hope, is the notion of Strauss-Howe Generational Theory, which seems to have some additional conceptual support from the more recently observed "20 Year Nostalgia Cycle" (in music, fashion, etc). So perhaps my grandchildren will have a massive backlash against the collective social construct created by Facebook (does everyone have to put a flag over their profile pic?) as they enter their teens? I guess so long as they aren't listening to remixed motown and wearing skinny jeans, there's an upside to the cycle?

In any event, in Strauss-Howe, the theory goes that each new 20 year cycle is marked by backlash against the prior cycle.

All of that aside: minions have a cuteness factor to them. Perhaps more media condition towards groupthink/collectivism. Collectivism has become THE debate of our times. We may spend another 200 years hashing it all out, but im sure technology will certainly play a part. Unless the backlash is against technology....which is kind of a nebulous concept picking up steam over the last few years.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Never.... EVER... use The Vigilant Christian as a source of validating information.

The guy is completely insane.
edit on 18/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Wow that guy really is a nutball lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join