It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Things Mainstream Media Won’t Tell You About Zika

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks to sloppy reporting, fear-mongering, conflicts of interest, and algorithmic decisions, Zika – a once-upon-a-time unpopular and relatively benign virus – has quickly become a rising star of menace and malformations.

In record time, the mosquito-born Zika has reportedly spread to three dozen countries, and health organizations are now predicting it may infect as many as three to four million people within a year.

Zika is being described as a global epidemic, but it’s actually the perfect cover for big business – a convenient and brilliant way to generate profits and curb overpopulation.

Thanks to Zika, governments and their investors have conveniently upped the ante on (supposed) protection by poison.

“Given the magnitude of the Zika crisis,” the WHO stated “encourages affected countries and their partners to boost the use of both old and new approaches to mosquito control as the most immediate line of defense.”

The Aedes aegypti strain, as it turns out, is an “aggressive daytime biting mosquito,” clever and quite “opportunistic.” “Females,” state the WHO “often use ‘sneak attacks, approaching victims from behind and biting on ankles and elbows, which likely protects them from being noticed and getting slapped.”

Consequently we are now:

* Sending rapid-response teams to fumigate the # out of affected regions, including areas that are oftentimes impoverished.
* Increasing the spraying of poisons inside flight cabins;
* Conducting aerial spraying despite the probability of resistance and drift.
* Getting ready to deploy millions more GMO mosquitoes (thanks in part to the World Health Organization);
* Telling humans not to procreate (lest they give birth to babies with brain defects)
* Accelerating the race to develop a Zika vaccine. (Obama has already issued a whopping $1.3 billion to advance research.) At least 15 groups are on the case, and clinical trials are expected to commence within a year to 18 months).

The CDC is even considering reviving DDT, according to one director.

You may think you’re a global citizen, armed with knowledge and that governments have your back, but nothing can be further from the truth. Consider who benefits from generating diseases and death. For instance, the WHO is privately owned. They call themselves an agency, but Bloomberg and others call them a company. In 2010 -2011, their approved budget was $4.5 billion!

“The regulatory aspects of health organizations have been captured along with the capability of protecting We The People,” explains Dr. Leonard Horowitz, an expert in emerging diseases and author of Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola–Nature, Accident or Intentional? “They have been captured by what I call the ‘Military Medical Petrochemical Pharmaceutical Bank Cartel.’”

Read more at Disinfo.com

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

Further from your link, which I found very interesting:

Despite CNN reports, Zika is not a “relatively new” virus. Two Scotsmen, virologist George Dick and entomologist Alexander Haddow, discovered Zika almost 70 years ago in a forest near Entebbe, Uganda.

That same year, the virus was extracted from a Rhesus Monkey and deposited with the Rockefeller Foundation. Later it was licensed to the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC), a company that sells germs to vaccine makers and bioweapons contractors worldwide. Today, the Zika virus is a commodity that can be purchased for only 599 euros.

Strangely, there have been no cases of Zika with birth defects in Africa where the virus was discovered. Also, there have been no cases of microcephaly in any country affected by Zika other than Brazil, such as Colombia, which has the highest incidence of the virus after Brazil.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

www.mintpressnews.com...

Larvicide, Not Zika Virus, Behind Spike In Microcephaly, Doctors Groups Warn

One Brazilian state halted use of the chemical which kills mosquitoes in drinking water, and agribusiness giant Monsanto distanced itself from rumors of ties to maker of the larvicide.

RIO GRANDE DO SUL, Brazil — Doctors’ groups from Brazil and Argentina warn that it may be a larvicide used to kill mosquitos — not the Zika virus — that’s behind a sudden spike in cases of microcephaly in Brazilian newborns.

Meanwhile, others are moving to blame a larvicide introduced into the drinking water in 2014 for the rise in occurrences of the birth defect. In a report issued on Feb. 3 by an Argentinian physicians group called Physicians in the Crop-Sprayed Towns, the doctors noted that most of the microcephaly cases occurred in the Brazilian states where the chemical Pyriproxyfen, the active ingredient in a product called SumiLarv, had been introduced into the drinking water in an effort to combat mosquito populations.

SumiLarv, which is manufactured by the Japanese corporation Sumitomo Chemical, causes deformations in mosquito larvae that grow in pools of stagnant water, killing them before they can reach adulthood. Initial media reports on the possible link between Zika and SumiLarv reported that Sumitomo is a subsidiary of Monsanto, but the agribusiness giant has distanced itself from the firm and its products in a note published to its blog:

www.mintpressnews.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't understand how a mosquito can transmit a virus. If it cant spread HIV and AIDS then why this BS? Its been a new virus every 6 months for the past 5 or 6 years, I dont even care anymore.
Link

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No microcephaly birth defects in connection with incidences of Zika apart from Brazil, the very place they've been using the larvicide chemical in their drinking water, and the very place where the current big outbreak is centered?

It's time to put the media circus and sensationalism on the back burner, and have some good, impartial scientists take a close look at that larvicide.

EDIT: Impartial being the most important word, and probably the most difficult thing to accomplish.
edit on 2182016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Although I don't provide much information and in depth discussion,I have to bring to attention the comment by Obama concerning the suggestion, by him, to provide, I think, around 4. something billion dollars to confront the Zika pandemic that TPTB claim to be becoming a worldwide situation at this point. This entire situation is nothing more than to provide a smokescreen to cover criminal capitalist profit oportunities by companies that do not give a crap about the effects they inflict on humanity over investor profit. Do you not believe Obama is in colusion? Yes, he is.

This is just another strategy for the chemical and pharmaceutical industry to exploit humanity for their own profit at the expense of massive human suffering. This is crystal clear at this point.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
All I was saying is that mosquitos biology does not allow them to transmit viruses easily parasites are one thing but viruses are another. I dont know enough about zika because I dont care to learn anymore there will be a new pandemic in a few months anyways.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I don't understand how a mosquito can transmit a virus. If it cant spread HIV and AIDS then why this BS? Its been a new virus every 6 months for the past 5 or 6 years, I dont even care anymore.
Link

It depends on the virus. Some are adapted to spread via insect. AIDS is not one of them for which we should all be eternally grateful and neither is ebola which is something else we should be grateful for.

However, malaria (parasite), yellow fever (virus), and other pathogens are adapted to spread this way. It depends very much on the individual organism.

It is just like how some diseases can spread through a cough or sneeze while others just can't, not readily.

Zika is adapted to spread through insect vectors.

What I think is important and what no one is reporting is whether or not a person gains immunity after having the disease. If so, then I don't see what the apocalyptic problem is. If you are pregnant now, it is hugely terrifying, but otherwise, you get it, make your own antibodies to it and it's out of your system in the standard model of immunity. If that's the way it works, then nature takes its course and in a few years, only the children will be getting Zika and it will be a relatively mild childhood disease.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yellow fever is a mosquito spread virus, so is dengue fever and chikungunya.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I think in this article some psychics etc explains quite well how the Zika virus is associated to the brain damage and vaccinations; Take Them Down…______beforeitsnews/global-unrest/2016/02/take-them-down-2470256.html

I don't know much about the sources, but sounds logical. She says that sometimes the psychics know better as one can't rely anymore at all to the news, and I think it is true.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

psychics lol

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Why not? Where do you get then more factual news? Seems like all are just rumors, misleading, conspiracy or so called "science" so why not psychics? Sometimes they even know. I think people are becoming more psychic also so in the future we may all use quia boards, chrystal balls, tarot cards etc. Its going to be fun when we become more telepathic and know what others are lying and trying to hide. Seriously better to start studying how to do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Zika virus has arrived in the United States, with mosquitoes spreading the virus in two Miami-area neighborhoods and the CDC advising pregnant women to avoid those areas. It is a scary one that can bring even more troun=bles than we have now.

The infection, known as Zika fever or Zika virus disease, often causes no or only mild symptoms, similar to a very mild form of dengue fever. The disease can cause fever, rash, joint pain, and redness in the whites of the eye. But most people won’t know they have it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I recently read that tapeworm medicine takes care of zika easily. I will have to find that article. Also the babies we see are generally from South America and also usually 4 years old...if it so terrible where are the new cases?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think there is something wrong with that whole narrative. When it was first occuring, I said, hmm, kind of worrying (this is at the point where I'd only seen news reports). As it keeps being brought up, I decided to do some research.

That's when I found out, they are flipping out over literally nothing. They've played it into this big #ing thing, when MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THEY'RE INFECTED. They act like it's the end of the world, when sometimes, due to the infection, newborns have problems...SOMETIMES. They made it out to be this big, brand new thing, when in reality, it was actually found years ago.

They were using it to cover something else up, I believe. Before I even go into that, let's look at this, as though it happened in a world without corruption.

Virus spreads, doctors state it can cause issues with newborns, other than that, it is relatively harmless, citizens don't need to panic.

Now let's look at how it actually played out.

"Is this the end?" "ZIKA VIRUS IS RAPIDLY SPREADING!" - type news headlines. With content to match.

Why? Why make it out to be something other than what it is?

Well, money is a pretty good guess. The news stations have learned from the internet, they have clickbaited their segments. So, monetary gain is one possible reason.

What else?

You mentioned it OP. Birth Control. I would not be mad at our government for enforcing a birth control type law, however, when it is done through disease/chemicals, we have a problem. That is something that can not be controlled easily. Too risky, if it mutates, well, could make # a lot worse than what was intended. It's also the only way to enforce a birth control policy. We have too many people who will say "I have a right to have kids".

My POV is, if we don't stop reproducing, we are in big trouble. It is not about whether the earth can hold that many people, like so many idiots suggest. (sorry for being blunt - but the whole, we could fit every person shoulder to shoulder inside X state argument is bull#, it's not about room for the people, it's about managing the waste such a population produces.) At 10 billion, starvation in first world countries. We run out of water, #ING SOON. Sooner than you think. (www.washingtonpost.com...) - we need more birth prevention. Seriously, whether the government is behind it or not, in order to ensure our species has a future, we need to stop thinking about ourselves, and what we want, and start thinking about THE ENTIRETY OF THE HUMAN RACE. It makes me sick when people try and defend peoples rights to have kids, what they are really saying is, # later, I am worried about now. I don't care about later, because it doesn't affect me. So # the human race, I want kids, and I want a lot. and if I can't afford them, I'll get tax $$$ from the government. There are people on welfare and people in worse conditions than that, who are having children. I hold nothing against anyone for any monetary circumstance, but they need to live within said circumstances means, and that means they should not be having children. Sorry for the rant.

All that being said - I don't think our government is using it as birth control. They'd just as soon put it in the tap water, and it would be easier to control and spread.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
I recently read that tapeworm medicine takes care of zika easily.

It being a virus and not a bacteria or parasite, good luck with that one.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrippyDips
Virus spreads, doctors state it can cause issues with newborns, other than that, it is relatively harmless, citizens don't need to panic.

Now let's look at how it actually played out.

"Is this the end?" "ZIKA VIRUS IS RAPIDLY SPREADING!" - type news headlines. With content to match.

Why? Why make it out to be something other than what it is?

Because you haven't seen the other shoe drop yet.

Zika has profound effects on adults, both short and long term. Not all of them, to be sure, but sadly, quite a biggish percentage of them. Think of it as a slow time bomb sort of disease.

It's just not being played up. Yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I don't understand how a mosquito can transmit a virus. If it cant spread HIV and AIDS then why this BS?

HIV is fragile, Zika is not. You can get yellow fever from mosquitoes, Zika is in the same family.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
No microcephaly birth defects in connection with incidences of Zika apart from Brazil...

It's a difference in strains. Like you can get this season's influenza and have no lasting ill effects, but the 30% (IIRC) of the world that died from the Spanish flu would say that it could be quite lethal. Similarly, some enteroviruses rarely cause paralysis but one, polio, was quite adept at it.

top topics

join